Lag on Excalibur

Sleepery

Fledgling Freddie
I've just moved to Excal after playing on the US servers since release, as most of my friends are there.

However, all the time on Excal I get constant lag spikes, between 5 and 10 seconds in length, at a rate of 3 or so a minute. This is while out away from crowds, just PvE'ing. I've got nothing else running, and nothing else hogging bandwidth.

The game is just barely playable like this with a melee character, but impossible with a caster. Is this normal?? Never had any trouble on the US servers at all, even during heavy RvR. I'm on ISDN.

I can't believe everyone gets this, there'd never be any RvR on the servers.

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
I get no lag.

What's your ISP ?
Make a tracert to Excalibur.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Contact your isp and ask them to look at the routing from you to goa servers. More than likely its a busted/overloaded router somewhere along the line thats causing it.

also go to the Start menu in windows and hit Run, then type: command in the prompt. In the dos-prompt that appear type: tracert 193.252.123.33 (exalibur ip adress). If you get lots of * symbols somewhere along the line or very high numbers then thats where the problem is.

Sleepery

Fledgling Freddie
I'm in Dublin, using Eircom who are usually fine.

Ping to Excalibur is about 80ms, which is fine.

Tracert seems fine too, Eircom Dublin - Eircom London - Spiritlink - Excalibur.

Dunno :(

Edit - Thanks Fana, I think I'll do that. Packets getting held up somewhere along the line.

Taen

Fledgling Freddie
have u got a good spyware remover on your machine ... I had the exact same problem as and i did everything from formating my hard drive to reinstalling the game. I know for a fact it wasnt the isp because i had 2 comps running on the same line and had no lag on the other. I cant tell you for sure what got rid of it but it just disappeared one day.

Sleepery

Fledgling Freddie
No, there's nothing else running cept a firewall and virus checker. Oddly enough, the lag seems to ease off a lot with the firewall turned off. Might try a different firewall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom