Lag in Scenarios

Narzion

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, I'm enjoying the game so far. I love the RvR and scenarios however there are some issues I need to voice because they are really ****** me off.

What is wrong with the constant lagging in scenarios????

Are they not running scenarios on a separate server or what?? I mean, there is like 20 players total in the game and it's lagging. Sometimes it takes like 2-3 seconds for me to cast an instant heal.

Second, I can't for the love of god get my morale abilities to trigger when I need them. Since my largest heal is a morale ability this seriously upsets me as a healer since it could easily be a life saver but I can't depend on it because I have to spam it repeatedly to get it off.

Oh, and it is the only abilities I need to do that. The others may be delayed due to lag but atleast they go off. These just don't go off unless I hammer and dismember my keyboard for 25s+.

I'm getting stuck IN enemy players. Yes, when in melee range if I get slowed and someone bumps into me the two of us can actually get stuck and not be able to move until one of us dies. Rather annoying tbh.

Horses in T2... Don't need to say anything else.

Is it just me or do Order have knockdown on their repeaters??? Not the bolt throwers now but the repaters. It is annoying as hell as a healer so I'd rather have them do AoE like ours than disrupt spells the way they do now.

Hmm, think that is all I can remember for now.

Seriously though, RvR and scenarios are great fun and I can accept a few bugs but I need to voice some concerns because in the long run, I don't enjoy seeing a mate die simply because the game lags/doesn't want to respond to my actions or just decides to act up for whatever other reason there is.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
yeah i noticed that too, really hard to play like that, I press a button and nothing happens

Also wtf is up with magebolt (morale 1 ability for mages)

I literally need to spam it up to 20 times for it to actually work! They need to fix this ASAP tbh, its really not fun to play a caster like that and surely not a healer.

Edit: there was no lag whatsoever in T1 scenarios, only in T2 so far, how are matters on other servers?
maybe its only an Eight Peaks issue?

Narzion

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, don't remember any lag issues back in T1 either although that was during HS so maybe it's an issue with the amount of players.

Guess I need to level my alt a few levels and go test T1 again and see what it is like :p

Lomme

Fledgling Freddie
Never had any problem with my morale abilities, although I use quickbinds, that might be it?

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I'm getting all the same problems as you on karak hirn

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
Massive lag in scenarios, massive moral problem ... please fix :(

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Never had any problem with my morale abilities, although I use quickbinds, that might be it?

no its binded to "F"

I think it might be some GCD issue (Global cooldown), and timers not working correctly in UI

However that happens only in scenarios, not in open RvR, Also I tried not to cast anything, just ran spamming my F button and I can see the bolt flying but nothing is happening, then I press F again, another bolt flying and nothing happening too and so on and so on.

Narzion

Fledgling Freddie
Yep, same issue.. Have an aoe rank 2 ability that show graphics but just pop back up on the bar without actually doing anything. And I've tried both using quickbinds as well as pressing the icon with the mousebutton.

Think it is a timer issue with it not showing the correct cooldown left on the ability. And same as you Aika I don't have any problem with it in open RvR, only scenarios.

Joxer

Fledgling Freddie
same problem on Karak-Azgal

as for the morale: Sometimes it does trigger instantly, sometimes I have to spam the button and on other times I get an "Ability failed"-message everytime I press the button - really annoying.

Dredge

Fledgling Freddie
I'm getting all the same problems as you on karak hirn

EU? I stopped playing tonight because of it...absolutely atrocious lag in T3. I could barely do anything on my sorc (being far more sensitive to lag than a lot of other classes)

boinged

Fledgling Freddie
T2 Karag Dron EU (Phoenix Gate) wasn't as bad as usual tonight, actually got a few morale abilities off (also bound to F). This time I tried stopping just as I pressed it, not sure if that will help. Using the mouse seemed more reliable in the past although I've had the cooldown bug too.

The most annoying lag problem for me is when I'm hitting someone then they 'disappear' because they've lagged out of range. It almost seems like a teleport skill or an exploit :) Maybe it's our tanks helpfully knocking them through the air away from my blades.

I've also had collision detection both working and not working against my team tonight.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
i had a few HUGE lag spikes this evening / night in pve.

at least in daoc you had the 3 icons that told you what kind a lag you had.

could it be that openstranshit is just playing up again ? makes me wonder if they woulnd`t be better of moving the damn server park to dublin too, lol

anyone have a list of the ip adresses of the servers ? i would like to run pingplotter just to find out if it is openstranshit again.

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
It's all the Bright Wizards and their spam thats causing the lag ... honest!! :p

Proa

Fledgling Freddie
Same evening T1 scenarios no problem at all, logged in my other char to run a T2 scenario, 2-3 sec lag all the time. KEP server that is.

Sintoxis

Fledgling Freddie
Play on KEP and have had problems using moral abilities all over - scenarios, rvr, pve etc. Everything else has been perfectly fine though so I think it's bugged/broken moral ability timers which are the issue - not lag. Every so often it'll work first time like a charm but most of the time I need to mash it before it eventually decides to fire.

Strange thing though - I hardly ever have problems with my 2nd moral ability - so perhaps it's just the first one which is bugged?

dee777

Loyal Freddie
Yesterday we narrowed it down to opentransit problems...ah the flashbacks.

Two guys in our group got routed via frankfurt -> london -> lille and had no lag whatsoever. One poor sod went via amsterdam instead of london and had 3 second lagspikes. Was not nice.

Why Opentransit got the deal after all the...experiences...in DAoC is beyond me TBH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom