Lag feedback

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
A couple of things

1. The new chronicals are up so if you have time please take a look at them (Roll of Honour on the main community website) and send us any feedback/bugs you see.

2. The network staff have made a few changes in how things are done here (our end - this has nothing to do with OpenTransit and they're working on the problem in parallel with us). We basically need to know if the lag tonight is any better than it was before, or worse or the same. There's only so much we can test ourselves, really need the feedback of a few hundred people to be able to see if the changes we've made have had any noticeable effect. So this is the new place to flame about that (but keep the ping plots coming in - they're helping A LOT).

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:
We basically need to know if the lag tonight is any better than it was before, or worse or the same.

Lag is bad tonight, constant lag spikes.

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
the lag spikes are worse than ever tonight, 10 sec lag spikes every min or 2, the game is totally unplayable atm.
My PC might not be the best and i do tend to lag normally, but those spikes we have dealt with the last 1½ - 2 month feel's like they are getting worse every week.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
bit better for me, but still nothing accepteble. Lag spike evry 30 mins on 5-25 sec, where i can move, but cant cast or anything, and evrybody stand still.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
I had some nasty spikes tonight too..wasnt doing anything apart from summoning wood so wasnt bothered...but im sure i would have been if i was trying to kill things.

lacroix

Fledgling Freddie
Pretty bad tonight in the Volcanus area (Pry/Alb) - having said that, it seemed to have been worst till about 9-10 pm or so, afterwards the lag spikes weren't as long as before anymore (i.e. just annoying rather than lethal).

Helme

Resident Freddy
Had just a few lagspikes tonight actually, 1 LD but that was becouse my own modem resetted :)

Zerach

Fledgling Freddie
*prydwen player here for midgard*
I only spent time on NF, so what I say goes for that area. Tonight was pretty bad with whats being refered to as "spikes", where Latency meter goes red for 4-5 seconds every say, 5 minutes. It has been like this for the past week/weeks, and getting mildly annoying. So unfortenatly, for me your changes had no effect. I really should start running that pingplotter when I get the spikes so you get more stuff to harass Opentransit with.

Really apreciate that you seem to be working hard on solving it tho and asking for help, its a good thing.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
[GOA]Erivoss said:
1. The new chronicals are up so if you have time please take a look at them (Roll of Honour on the main community website) and send us any feedback/bugs you see.
Interesting.

Seems alot better than the previous version: just about any stats Id be trying to find via other sites are now displayed. Biggest thing missing is any form of search (on char name or guild name). No doubt this is deliberate, but its a shame it couldnt be included.

Finally housing has been added to this: cheers for listening to the few hundred requests.

I have a serious hatred for anything needlessly using Flash: since everything other than the housing information is already available on other sites (which are IMHO faster & easier to use) I doubt Ill make much use of it. Its certainly a massive improvement over the old version.

As for bugs theres only 1 thing I noticed that seems wrong: guilds last week RPs are far too low. Im guessing this only started counting when the new site went up and will correct itself over time?

Final question: any chance of adding the various other stats Mythic make available for the US version: ie RvR deaths last week, I Remain Standing score (ie last week RP / deaths), etc? These would definitely be interesting to see, since theyve not as dependant on time spent as the pure RP stats. Even if these were just included in the XML files that'd be good enough ;)

We basically need to know if the lag tonight is any better than it was before, or worse or the same.
Its really impossible to base that judgement on 1 night. The effect of this problem has varied widely from day to day, you really cant consider any 'better' or 'worse' comments to be a valid comment on any changes you have made internally. IMHO at least :) Didnt play today so cant make any useful comment here.

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
I thought the lag was a lot better tonight. Didn't notice any of the prolonged 10+ second spikes that we were seeing at the weekend. Just got one "blip" around 00:00 gmt which only turned the lag-o-meter orange, not even red. Fingers crossed it doesn't go bad again. :)

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
6hr plot of excal tonight, wasnt playing so cant comment if it was laggy or not. Hope thats of use.

Attachments

• 6hrfri.png
    6hrfri.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 156

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
I was in Thidranki all night on Excalibur. I had a huge lag spike at around the same time as on Boni's ping plot there- It was followed by another 5-7 seconds spike less than 30 seconds after the first huge spike. Other than that I didnt notice any bigger lag problems.

Onimos

Fledgling Freddie
Deira - ITA.

Odin's gate ----------------> Almost unplayable: every 120sec 20 sec of freeze

Emain ---------------------> Unplayable. If you meet someone, everthing freeze for 30 secs.

Hadrian Wall ----------------> Playable. With only one place for rvr, you can immagine the traffic considering 1100 people logged.

Sugah

Fledgling Freddie
Lag for me tonight has been about as bad as it gets. Ruined a ML6 raid (alb / excal) as ppl we're lag pulling huge amounts of mobs, raid got wiped and ppl LD'd while dead. What ever you did put it back.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
the lagg seems different for me, over normal laggspikes every two or third minute i had constant delay, like pressing the nuke button, nothing happens, 5 seconds later i start nuke, all lagg meters are green during this. When this delay happens its even hard to nuke a blue mob bcs i cant do anything but the mob do. Normal laggspikes everything freeze and then goes into ultraspeed when lagg stops but this delay is just freaked.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
thanks for the update erivoss, was it because of 1.70 that this lag was introduced? - i dont recall having this problem pre-nf

Thorarin

Fledgling Freddie
Midgard TOA on Excalibur has always been slightly laggy tbh, not just in 1.70.
It's been easily noticeable playing h2h savage with speed buffs since you miss followup styles there much more often than in the old zones.

That being said, it's worse in this version. However I'm not sure the improvements of 1.71 will be enough for the high population servers.

I've been a little busy with other things lately, but it seems to be the OpenTransit part of the problem is has slightly improved over time. It's not solved yet though.

Aussie

Banned
he asked how it is today, i've send alot worse pingplots then that to ervios

Thorarin

Fledgling Freddie
Daedalus said:
200 ms, that's hardly a spike. More like a minor bump in the road.
200ms can still be considered a problem, that's more latency than it takes to get to West USA, and he hasn't even left the UK yet.
People not in the UK won't have problems with that particular hop. Earlier there were many problems with hops that most of Europe passed through though :p

Fragoverrule

One of Freddy's beloved
played half an hour.. after reaching end point in alb.. LD éd and logged.. normal fg couldnt even walk normal without losing eachother due lag

Geruto

Fledgling Freddie
Played 30 mins , gave up.

Gonna cancel my sub if this doesnt get fixed soon, game is unplayable atm for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom