LAG caused by NAT firewall in router

X

xoboll

ok, s i have donr a lot of checing and the lag i seen to be getting( which at times is up to 20 sec) is caused by the NAT firewall in my linksys 4 port router. from other posts similar i understand it a reasonably common problem

and was hoping i could get some advice.. the one option is to enable/disable the dmz mode. this, from wot i gather, opens my pc up to the world.. dont like the sound of that. the other is to get my router to forward all of the daoc ip's to my internal ip.. now 1, i dont really know wot this means. 2, wouldnt have a clue how to do it. 3 if u run 2 pcs do u have to forwrd it to both pcs(if thats wot internal ip means)

hopefully someone out ther has got some clue wot im talking about and can help. or if there is a better solution(other than getting a different router) please let me know.. any way.. helllppppp :))

A

Addlcove

if you have DMZ enabled it means your computer is wide open as ALL packages on ALL ports are forwarded to the PC of your choosing.

Using a Linksys myself never had any problems.

I would suggest you open the router configuration tool ( HTTP://192.168.1.1 ) and find the option to "reset to factory settings"

also download AD-aware, and run it on both PC´s if problem consists after reset

to be honest I doubt its your router that is messing up

B

boni_ofdavoid

Turn of encryption if thats an option. Some routers encrypt the data which just takes time/causes lag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom