Lag Between Accounts

L

lordbazzer

I have recently purchased another account and am experiencing lag between the two chars when they are on /follow or /stick. I am using 1 pc and alt/tab'ing between the two.

It appears the 'inactive' character is lagging and consequently 'losing sight' of the lead character. This is particularly annoying when you have 50 Mincer speed lol !

Does anyone know what the problem is and if there is a way to get around it?

I assume it has something to do with my CPU or my internet connection. Specs below:

AMD XP2100/512mb/GF4 Ti 4200 128mb.

NTL Cable Broadband 600k

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

K

Keogh

This happens to me if I run both of my accounts on my desktop. ydesktop is P4 3ghz (800mhz FSB) GeForce FX 5900 Ultra 512mb DDR400 Dual Channel ram and 2 80g SATA hdd in a raid config. And I'm on NTL's 1mbit Broadband. Maybe have 1g mem might sort it.

L

lordbazzer

That might be the problem. A friend of mine has a similar system to yours but he seems to be fine running two accounts through one pc. I asked him the same question and he seems to think it has something to to with CPU usage and that I should check Task Manager and look at the Performance tab. However, he does have 1Gb RAM.

Its gonna be a while before I am able to upgrade to 1Gb RAM so I'll let you know as and when and if.

:)

H

Hargh

got 750MB and it happens. the problem is i think both accounts share the same game.dll. my problem is that i got a 32mb gfx and p3 700. need more poke.

K

Keogh

Originally posted by Hargh
got 750MB and it happens. the problem is i think both accounts share the same game.dll.

Not on my computer. For some reason, which made sense to me when I did it, I installed my 2nd account in a seperate directory and I still get the problem.

F

frogster

Personally i reckon its got summat to do with the way windows allocates CPU usage.
The active window will always have more cpu time allocated to it.
Dont quote me on this but with hyper threading you could allocate the "second cpu" to the second instance of DAoC for better performance :eek:
Not 100% sure if you can do this, you can with duel proccy setups :eek:

X

xCode

previous post is correct as no matter how much Gb of ram u have, the problem is multitasking of windows... if u have win 98 u can forget about it at all... even Xp Pro cant handle it pretty well...
I have p4 2.0Ghz geforce ti4200 128 mb 1024mb ram.. same problem ;)

P

PadreMM

Try to move the performance boost away from "foreground application" and more towards sharing with background applications. Remember that helped me when I was running on Win2K. Now with WinXP it doesn't seem to make much differance and actually seems to run better with the "forground application" prioritised.

Ohh, and check out what background applications and services are actually running. You can turn off a lot of them.... remember seing some link here somewhere on a list of them..

S

sleeplessone

I have had lag with 2 accounts in separate installs lagging with alt+tab

1 ghz athlon t-bird , 512 meg PC133 , Geforce 3
windows XP Pro

only way i could run 2 accounts was when SI was full screen as windowed mode would crash

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom