Rant Labour

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Because they still give stupid people the vote.

Its a good thing though, the way they are heading they will suffer such a massive defeat that they wont even be "the opposition" it will be lib dems.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Someone please explain to me how the most polluting car built in 2002 doing 1000 miles a year should pay more in tax than the least polluting 2002 car doing 20,000 miles a year?

Because that's what VED means.

The Labour government is falling apart. Blair and Mandelson must be laughing their heads off at the ineptitude of a government that, even when taking bad decisions, doesn't have the courage to stand by it's convictions.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Because they still give stupid people the vote.

Its a good thing though, the way they are heading they will suffer such a massive defeat that they wont even be "the opposition" it will be lib dems.

One can only hope that after the farce that has been Labours terms in office that they bow out of the competition complete and let someone with maybe a bit of sense take the reigns.

One can only hope and with the current selection of MPs - the outlooks not good.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Someone please explain to me how the most polluting car built in 2002 doing 1000 miles a year should pay more in tax than the least polluting 2002 car doing 20,000 miles a year?

The counter argument to that Tom, is that that they do pay for it by way of duty on the petrol itself - so the car doing 20k miles has already shelled out a fortune for the fuel.

Embattle

FH is my second home
This, like most things the media like to hype, is nothing more than speculation but the road tax issue one is tricky and certainly no government stands any chance of pleasing everyone no matter what they do.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Well, thats what you get for voting for a bunch of dishonest *****. I say bring on the conservatives - at least they are REAL dishonest ***** :p

sigh.

Our political system is really what needs a tuneup, until then we're just going to have an endless sea of shit goverment after shit goverment.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
At least this contradicts Labours tiresome argument of 'ITS FOR TEH ENVIROMENTZZ!!!111' how can that argument work here when the cars have already been built and are already being used and have been since 2001, not to mention the cars built before then, big fat V8 cars were built in 2000 you know.

I pray every day for the fuel strikes again, our local BP (easily always the dearest vendor) is now 131.9 for diesel yet they have made record profits due to them being a producer. Although I don't begrudge their profits when the government makes so much more.

The one thing we all need to remember is that when the Tories get in power, and they will, they are going to have one hell of a mess/debt caused by Labour to clear up, much like last time. I get the feeling Brown is doing his best to get this country in so much debt because he knows he won't have to deal with it.

old.user4556

Scrap trident and the ID card scheme.

Should save somewhere between £20bil to £30bil right out the blocks.

Incinerate killers, rapists, drug dealers and violent criminals; free up some space in the jails and throw neds and low life in them.... ok ok, i'll stop. :(

throdgrain

FH is my second home
The one thing we all need to remember is that when the Tories get in power, and they will, they are going to have one hell of a mess/debt caused by Labour to clear up, much like last time. I get the feeling Brown is doing his best to get this country in so much debt because he knows he won't have to deal with it.

I reckon you're probably right mate :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The counter argument to that Tom, is that that they do pay for it by way of duty on the petrol itself - so the car doing 20k miles has already shelled out a fortune for the fuel.

So if the more polluting vehicle did those 20,000 miles, the driver would pay....less tax?

Sorry G but that isn't really a counter-argument is it?

old.user4556

No what i'm saying is that the car doing 20k miles a year, although it is less polluting and pays lower VED; ultimately they pay for it by fueling the car for 20k miles and thus paying all the whopping duty on that fuel used.

The more polluting car is perhaps paying more in terms of VED, but because it's only doing 1000 miles it's not having to be fuelled so it's not being taxed nearly as much as the car doing 20k miles.

I don't necessarily agree with it, but it's the usual counter-argument.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
The fuel prices are ridiculous enough, let alone VED going through the roof. I have no other way to get to the business that I run than in my car, but it is becoming increasingly expensive to merely get to work. It would be a shame to close my business and make 5 people unemployed simply because I can't afford to get there!

Labour eh?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
The fuel prices are ridiculous enough, let alone VED going through the roof. I have no other way to get to the business that I run than in my car, but it is becoming increasingly expensive to merely get to work. It would be a shame to close my business and make 5 people unemployed simply because I can't afford to get there!

Labour eh?
Yeah well at least those 5 people will be alive. And not dead. Dead because your filthy car killed our planet. It also ate babies and raped puppies while it was at it.

You should be fucking ashamed of yourself!

old.user4556

:D

Cars destroying the planet. Lol.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
It almost happened in Transformers the movie. Are you calling Michael Bay a liar?

old.user4556

I heard it was filmed as it happened?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
No no no, certain artistic license was taken with the film. In real life Optimus Prime is a Prius.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Labourisntworking.gif

all they need to do is change unemployment office to something else!

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
I tell ya if I get diagnosed with a terminal illness before the next election I'm gonna finish what Guy Fawkes started. Have you all read about how much they've swindled off us to pay for their mortgages, then how much they had the cheek to spend to prevent us from getting this information.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
I'm sure I read somewhere around that time, that the eruption of Mt Pinotubo released more pollutants into the air than all the cars which have ever been made, since the invention of the automobile.

Obviously this is just an internet fact spouted on a forum, so it's probably basically bollocks, but there you go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom