Labour...again

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
BBC NEWS | Politics | PM to 'tighten' migration rules
Once again they have got the wrong end of the stick. Immigration of professionals who want to work is not the problem Gordon, its the lazy fuckers here for a free ride.

These morons are getting worse by the day, the quicker they get booted out the better, I so hope they all lose their deposits.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Errm, not sure I see much wrong with it tbh; other countries with points systems change the criteria for acceptable professions all the time. Obviously there was still a load of bullshit in there, like the points system has made a significant contribution to immigration decline (no it hasn't, the fucked up economy has done that), but in general terms the points system seems pretty reasonable to me.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
a guy i work with is trying to get a visa to live in australia, he's extremely highly qualified and pretty highly sought after, but he is still having to go through 18 months of checks and re-checks (its not cheap neither). It's how it should be, imo - australia seem to set the standard for border control.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
should have had a points system introduced years ago, however it still doesnt solve the problem of every tom dick and harry across europe comin and goin as they please.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
I thought the idea of the system was that you could bring skills to the country that no other Britain can fulfill? Like if we need more doctors and nurses then they get first say... engineers get turned away...

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
I think the main problem is with illegal Immigrants.

Whenever I watch that border patrol or what ever its called, it seems the general theme is.

No passport
Released on Bail
Never seen or heard from again.

I used to know an engineer from China (here legally), he helped design bridges and some of the larger buildings in china, but the UK didnt recognise his qualifications so he was left tearing tickets at the local cinema.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Family member works in Immigration, the points system "doesn't" work, its a huge lie peddled by Labour to appear to do something. So many things wrong with the border controls that people on the front lines just don't care any more as more often than not they can't do anything to stop people who shouldn't be allowed in just coming in.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Notice how often Brown spends reading from his notes. Clearly he has little interest in what he's talking about, else he'd have remembered most of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom