Kteam

C

cenobite

Anything you have to say about Kteam post in this forum. Preferable different topics like

K-Team : Overtime suggestions

etc..

So whos first to berate this mod?
smile.gif

O

old.Fish

MY GOD!

An actual post in the quakeworld forum!!!

O

old.Star

IT would be nice to automatically execute some script on changelevel to set some map dependent params such as deathmatch mode.
Script name can be based on map name (i.e. dm2.cfg opr aerowalk.cfg). Your thoughts?

Star

P.S. Cen, sorry for bothering you by e-mail.

O

old.Pionir

It may be in there already, but how about a k_fpd variable, for a quick and easy way to add in fpd numbers. It could cycle through the bits and you could type yes/no to enable/disable?

------------------
Pionir

C

cenobite

its already in.

Type status2 then you can type :

qpoint,qlag,qtimer etc..

and then see what is set.

O

old.Pionir

But does that include the higher fpd variables used by nitro?

------------------
Pionir

O

old.StitchFace

How about a votepause feature - useful for self-adminning leagues n stuf

C

cenobite

Well seeing as nitro is fast becoming blacklisted, at least in the uk, I do not see the point in covering the higher FPD values.

Votepause is one of these things that go against Quake on the net. People drop, people get bad lag its just a fact.

I prefer not to do stuff like that, but i guess there is always the option of forcepause if you are an admin. Basically i think its a nasty command.

H

HangTime

one situation which i think a pause feature of some sort would b useful would b when a whole bunch of players drop at once. there have been occasions in the past when proxies have died, taking a whole team out of the game. i seem to remember reading about this happening in a villans game on Nation fairly recently... if the admin has the option to call a forcepause in this situation i think it would b warranted, preventing the other clan from acheiving a total lock down. think what would happen if a team had a free reign over dm2 for say 1min with no oppo... erk

O

old.Pionir

Seeing as Nitro is being blacklisted for features that are disableable with the FPD I would say that is a very good reason to put them into Kteams.

------------------
Pionir

O

old.[SF]Dave

I'm not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but the "lock" command only works from admins on the server as a player, not spectator. Also I find that the admin code stops working at times when a spectator. Even using rcon to change the code doesn't help. This may be a proxy problem, which has happened to me using Nitro and Qizmo. It 'sometimes' works again after restarting proxy+qw.

C

cenobite

Ok one last time :

FORCEPAUSE!!!!
FORCEPAUSE!!!!
FORCEPAUSE!!!!
FORCEPAUSE!!!!
FORCEPAUSE!!!!
FORCEPAUSE!!!!

ok? Bet you can never guess what that does.

O

old.streak

Got a prob with maxspecs...

In the cfg, its set to 4, when players leave the server, it sets itself to 32.0000000

Erm ?

Ta muchlio,

Rich/Streaky

O

old.4k^silent

Just a guess, but don't kteam servers exec reset.cfg when all players leave?
The idea being to a stop ppl leaving it on a map no-one has, or with crappy settings.

O

old.4k^silent

oh yea, and what bast already registered "silent" as a username.....
I hope no-one calling themselves silent has been acting a tart on these msg boards. /me goes to check (not used it b4)

O

old.Greg

Once again about k_nick... I think the current version is an unfinished thing. What's the point in changing your name only in "report" messages? I think if you set k_nick the name should be changed to it in all team messages.

It would be nice also if the client could connect as spectator if the server is locked? (there is an ongoing game)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom