Krondon - SI Dungeon

Eredan

Fledgling Freddie
Hi, I've been looking through the map-a-lot feature on the Herald and noticed this dungeon. The dungeon as far as I can tell is full of Ogres but it doesn't say for what levels.

What level is this dungeon intended for and is it good for money & item drops?

Mishy

One of Freddy's beloved
At entrance mobs are prolly level 45+ could prolly solo there at that level, or a group of low 40s could take entrance.

Further in mobs are 50+ but you can only really camp the entrance cause everywhere else there is wondering mobs.

The money is ok, bout same as any high level dungeon i guess, drops fairly frequent, lots of ROG crap.

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
end boss drops about the same stuff the sidi ones does including light saber thrusters and such.
aggro is insane tho and Loads of red+ mobs all over.
a pbae group whit power field whould probebly do quite well even in the deeper parts.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
dunno why krondon isnt used for lvling as much as Avalon City is tbh

nice camp bonuses lots of high con mobs to pbaoe with fast spawns, its a perfect xp dungeon.

Khalen

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
dunno why krondon isnt used for lvling as much as Avalon City is tbh

nice camp bonuses lots of high con mobs to pbaoe with fast spawns, its a perfect xp dungeon.

Indeed but avalon city is easy access to all spots and it's more in the way of horse travel. Once people go there a lot it will become common. I like AC a lot as it's a nice meeting point for people to XP 40+. But IMO Krondon can be 2nd AC for albs if albs would just go there more. I see a lot of people go AC everytime and say all groups are full. Go Krondon with a FG then :D

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Mobs at entrance area start from lvl45. There is a named that pops in that area from time to time anywhere between lvl55 and lvl61 (that Ive seen via necro powertap at least) which may give some classes problems if theyre soloing there - so be careful ;)

With AC theres no real reason to use Krondon for PvE groups. Too much aggro outside entrance thatll give problems to some classes/levels getting there solo, and too few good spots to camp inside the dungeon mean AC is almost always a better option.

Its a decent dungeon to go to for a change of scenery though :)

Grebneklaf

Fledgling Freddie
Theres a back entrance to Krondon, but since i seem to be one of the last explorers nobody ever notice it.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
got deep in with a pally/cleric duo. im sure you can get in as a group at lower levels :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Grebneklaf said:
Theres a back entrance to Krondon, but since i seem to be one of the last explorers nobody ever notice it.

back entrance is filled with goo from hell... easier going in the front door tbh.

main reason AC is so popular:

people can get into the entrance of the dungeon without too much aggro (the grey/green drakoran is all)

it's on a horse route

you can get to a number of camps solo or easily with your group.

In comparison,

Krondon is slightly farther along a horse route - not a huge difference though
It's hard to get into solo for most classes (so the group has to zone out, run out to the edge of the ogre bit, pick up new arrival, run back again) and if you want to get to a camp spot it's quite difficult to get through the halls quickly.

Now next patch (1.68) lowers the respawn rate in the halls so it's easier to get to the camp spots/named spots...

and if enough people go there for xping then there'd probably be groups sitting outside killing the aggro so others can get in... i.e. if people go there it'll be easy for people to go there ;) catch 22 though need to start it off.

Till then it's an organised group - once you have your AC group together and if there's no camp spots, check how long they're all on for - if it's a while then get to Krondon :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Grebneklaf said:
The trick is just not to hit said goo from hell

it was aggro last time I went in there - maybe they changed it...

nasty aggro mezzing/rooting multiplying gits :)

georgie

FH is my second home
Flimgoblin said:
back entrance is filled with goo from hell... easier going in the front door tbh.

Am I the only person who thinks this sounds a bit sordid? :eek6:

Grebneklaf

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
it was aggro last time I went in there - maybe they changed it...

nasty aggro mezzing/rooting multiplying gits :)

Sorry i was a bit vague, i meant not hitting them with sharp, pointy or hard stuff

Grebneklaf

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
they split from nukes too...

Never split them with ice ones and killed a few so far, to be precise snare and debuff nukes havent split them for me so far, or maby ive just killed em so fast they didnt have time

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Grebneklaf said:
Never split them with ice ones and killed a few so far, to be precise snare and debuff nukes havent split them for me so far, or maby ive just killed em so fast they didnt have time

went in there with two wizards once ;) think they split then and I'm pretty sure I wasn't staffing them...

might try it again sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom