Knights of the Old Republic - First review

C

cHodAX

Review is here!

Score : 6/6

Quote from review ;

'KOTOR seems flawless. It’s one of the greatest RPGs I’ve played and has eradicated my doubts that a Western developer can create an RPG on par with Final Fantasy. What’s more, it’s even replaced Halo as my favorite Xbox title. Get to the store and pick this up as soon as you can. You will not be disappointed'

***UPDATE***

New IGN review 9.5/10

Quote from review ;

Knights of the Old Republic is an outstanding game because it covers every single angle in terms of audience expectations. It's got enough Star Wars to satisfy the fans and enough pure fun to draw in people who normally wouldn't get into role-playing games. You'll see this on several Game of the Year nomination lists if not at the very top soon enough.
Put this up there with Halo, Splinter Cell and any other Xbox game that kept you up way too late or caused you to neglect your loved ones. It grabs you early on by giving your character some cool toys to play with and some familiar Star Wars critters to welcome you back and next thing you know you've got a space ship, a light saber, a wookie and a droid. With Knights of the Old Republic, the galaxy is yours, get out there and get some.

B

Belsameth

cool
guess I won't wait for the PC release and get it on the Box :)

O

old.tRoG

oo-err. i hear x-boxes are going cheap, nowadays...

C

cHodAX

£129 and a software hack to play backups/vcds/divx is on the way ;)

O

ormorof

great review (especially the monthy python quote ;) )

M

mirieth

Sounds and looks good... making me even more tempted to buy an X-Box... hmm... I get paid in two weeks, but I really should spend the money on other things... but so hard to resist... :E

:help:

J

Jonaldo

Is it true that even the PC version won't have any kind of multiplayer support tho? :mad: don't want Massive Multiplayer, just a few people on teh netw0rk.

B

Belsameth

I haven't really read up on it, but if it's as story driven as I think it is, I highly doubt it

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Omniscieous
Is it true that even the PC version won't have any kind of multiplayer support tho? :mad: don't want Massive Multiplayer, just a few people on teh netw0rk.

The Xbox has no co-op, PC version is months away and Bioware are still debating over a co-op mode for it. IMO if they don't ship it with multiplayer it will be patched in soon after.

M

mirieth

It will probably be implemented in much the same way as NWN, co-op, as you say. Seeing as how popular the NWN multi-player was/is.

J

Jonaldo

Speaking of which, I'm bored and might re-install Neverwinter Nights, anyone good at organising servers or sorting new modules? Wouldn't mind perhaps playing again. (prolly get bored after about an hour but as I'm bored with everything else atm then what the hell).

Not even got it on this pc at the moment so I've lost my old uber monk that soloed the game previously, so would be starting from level 1 probably.

J

Jonaldo

Maybe should make it a separate subject sometime, so as not to detract from the KOTOR discussion thread we have here.

S

Sandariel ^^

Booohooo....
<cries>
Still have to wait till 29th August till it's released over here :/

Nerf not-being-able-to-play-foreign-games-on-the-xbox-without-modchip o_o
Ah well, this way I got time to get my inf the funky last 2.75 bubbles :) Anyway, this game looks awesome and since it's a Bioware game, gameplay will be awesome, too... So it will be well worth waiting for it ^^ Really looking forward to it :D

B

Belsameth

beginning of September here.
I hate you Chodax :(

Edi": hurray for mod edit skillz. can edit your name so I don't apear to have it wrong :p

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Belsameth
beginning of September here.
I hate you Chodax :(

Could always knock you up a copy till yours arrives, only cost you a custom forum title :p

T

tris-

uk release -

Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic
Availability: Preorder - 12-Sep-2003
Publisher: LucasArts
Developer: BioWare Corp

where did you get aug 27th from?

C

cHodAX

Sharereactor release date 18th July ;) , but my copy from amazon is due early september which sucks :(

S

SilverHood

anyone know if the pc version will have a developers kit so players can make their own campaigns?

O

old.Tohtori

Is this like Star Trek or something?

Mr. Sulu fighting Mr. Spock with a lightsaber?

3dd13: n00b! DIE!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom