Knife fights plz :)

O

old.Soul

knife fights own, always fun, fast ish (3 mins or so for boring ones) and a nice way to kick off a match, and choosing side is fairer way than random (or however admins) decide who is t / ct 1st, thnx.

Soul

B

bigfoot

If it is still done the way i did it then the team going first is not random, its structure so that you will be T's or CT's either 5 or 4 times during the season. This is fair.

B

blunt^

I would like to see knife rounds, adds a bit more fun to the match and adds a bit more tactical play to try and get what side you want first :)

R

RogueOne

Knife rounds, I'm afraid, fall into the "over my dead body" category. As bigfoot says, it's planned so that every team goes T first either 4 or 5 times during the season. This is as fair a system as possible. Knife rounds are highly random and annoying and would generally be a waste of time.

O

old.SparKeh

would it not be better to listen to the community, what they want etc. rather than u saying your just getting it etc.

O

old.SparKeh

oh shit, my sig shows how long its been since ive been here hehe

O

old.Soul

Originally posted by SparKeh
would it not be better to listen to the community, what they want etc. rather than u saying your just getting it etc.

^ ^ always said that guy spoke sense :) if ppl want knife fights wheres the harm :( they fun thats why we play a GAME u know :) fun :)

Soul

I

isuck

the sides being pre-picked for that 4/5 as t or whatever crap sounds like a good idea.

how about a 10 minute "warm up" with both clans consent to arse about, knife rounds, pistol rounds etc.

i donno, but the first cs pcw i ever played started with a knife round (after the multiple tk rounds obviously) and it was fucking nuts. it is impossible to get a good knife fight going on publics... so whats left :/

</rant>

p.s. soul made me post

R

RogueOne

10 minute warmups at the start of games would cause us serious problems with time considerations and would also be a waste of our admins' time. With all the mucking about most clans do while getting all their players on a server, games often start 10 minutes late as it is. Knife fights are fine for 1-off games, but in a league we need to ensure reasonable standards of fairness and so they aren't going to happen. Ever.

O

old.Minimccabe

Knife rounds are very hard to control from an admins point of view.

Do you drop ur pistol?
Is kevlar allowed?
Are Grenades allowed?
Is Bomb Planting/hostage rescuing allowed?

What happens if some breaks the rules on knife fights? Its very hard to spot, in the middle of a 5v5 knife battle, who kept their gun etc etc....

Of Course, how could i forget...."We didnt know that it was knives..."

Mini

B

blunt^

Good point.

Would be nice to see knife fights some day tho.

O

old.Minimccabe

/me digs a big hole and puts all knives in it

/me covers it up and marks with an X.

Not To Be Opened Until...........NEVER!!! :flame:

O

old.Soul

really think u admin guys are making too much of the knife fight 'delay / madness' ECSL use knife fights and they go smoothly ....

rcon say KNIVES ROUND - KNIFE ONLY KEEP GUNS ON RESTART!

spam that twice ... any deviation from a clan = they loose knife fight, they will learn soon enough, and every clan knows how to do knife fights anyway, if they dont, they need to learn :) it aint hard and its fun and i prefer to know why i got the sucky side 1st rather than have it forced upon me :)

Soul

O

old.Minimccabe

Please dont use such horrible langague in this forum plz (dont say ECSL *shudder* ever again :whip: <-- or ill whoop ya ass )

wot about grenades and stuff? Also, some Division 4 clans arnt familiar with knife rounds anyway.

Mini

O

old.Soul

Originally posted by Minimccabe
wot about grenades and stuff? Also, some Division 4 clans arnt familiar with knife rounds anyway.

Mini

what part of knife fight dont u grasp? lol, a simple set of rules could b added to webby which would sort it immediately, really think u guys making too much of this, it aint that much hassle!

Soul

T

[TNN]Aardvark

Its a CS league, not a knife league :) Pisssing about with knives is a waste of time, the current system is fine by me.

O

old.Morlok

Lo. First post :D

Personally I think knife rounds are part of a match and are fun so I'd like to see them again.

R

RogueOne

Read my lips.

No
Knife
Fights
In
BWCSL
Ever

And that's not going to change any time soon. There are many aspects of the league where I'm open to suggestions and willing to change things in accordance with people's wishes. This isn't one of them. The current system is fairer and hence will remain.

M

MrChumble

You tell em Rogue1 :)

Knife fights are ok for one off matchs like Clanbase (where words like 'organised' dare not go) but for a league the even split method is so much less hassle to admin.
The admins are part of the community as well. In fact, they are the most active and important part, being the ones giving up their free time. And I'm an admin. So do as the community (that would be me, see above) says and never have knife fights. :m00: :whip:

O

old.Morlok

Sorry, I was just expressing an opinion.

/me gets coat

R

RogueOne

No need to take it personally, as I say, I welcome input in most areas. It's just that knife rounds are a topic that come up and are rejected every season, so the debate gets a little tired after a while :)

I

isuck

Originally posted by RogueOne
No need to take it personally, as I say, I welcome input in most areas. It's just that knife rounds are a topic that come up and are rejected every season, so the debate gets a little tired after a while :)

if u just gave in you wouldnt have to debate :)

but im guessing, what with the fact you've said it about 30 times so far, that its not gonna happen.

someone should close this thread cause its probably just gonna turn into 'flaming' like every thread...

O

old.Lemming

hmmmm, must say I love a good knife fight, and they are incredibly quick to do but as Rogue said not realy practical and can bias a game or even an entire season if one clan is particularly bad at knifes. Current system = teh win

Users who are viewing this thread