Kirby corparation vacum cleaners

Y

y-it-earp

Erm this is really releated to anything special but im wondering if anybody out there has even had dealings about obtainting a job from KIRBY

They are behind the kirby vacum cleaner range (Scott fetzer)

Heres my point i've been for the interview, been told the salary £1200 p/m but it all seems a bit dubious, the constant brainwashing about being the best you can striving to be a better person, and general chracter building nonsene.

So what im asking really has anyone had any dealings with working for them etc?

as i really dont want to be stung even so after hearing the people tell me bad things about them..

Many thanks appriciate it.

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by y-it-earp
Erm this is really releated to anything special but im wondering if anybody out there has even had dealings about obtainting a job from KIRBY

They are behind the kirby vacum cleaner range (Scott fetzer)

Heres my point i've been for the interview, been told the salary £1200 p/m but it all seems a bit dubious, the constant brainwashing about being the best you can striving to be a better person, and general chracter building nonsene.

So what im asking really has anyone had any dealings with working for them etc?

as i really dont want to be stung even so after hearing the people tell me bad things about them..

Many thanks appriciate it.

They use hard sell, not a nice job when you have to sit in an old persons house and try badger them into buying an overpriced hoover. Frankly I would steer well clear unless you really need the work and don't mind being pushy with customers.

B

bone_idle

Sounds like a post in the wrong forum ? Werent Kirby Enterprise the company in the latest Jurassic park film that the guy made up but really owned another shop ? :D

I

ixnay

Online friend from Sweden worked for them, didn't get on too well and moved jobs within a couple of weeks, didn't say too much about it but I know it wasn't a successful job.

B

Belsameth

maybe it's time to rename OT to Recycling Bin.
it's how you guys seem to use it anyway.
as if we don't produce enough crap ourselves :p

O

old.tRoG

*breathes in the cold, damp, smelly air of his little recylcling bin*

Mmmmm..... OT.

T

Teh Fonz!!1

My brother worked for them for a week whilst he was 'in-between jobs'.

He has told me that it is the worst job in the world. You only make that kind of money if you sell the things and they're crap basically.

The only people you will probably be able to sell them to are lonely old widows with a spare bit of cash. Do you really want to do that?

I would stear well clear, you WON'T make that kind of cash unless you do the equivelent of raping an old woman.

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Teh Fonz!!1
you WON'T make that kind of cash unless you do the equivelent of raping an old woman.

rape her cat?

sorry had no idea where that sentence came from, just popped into my head when I read your post ... <shrug>

O

old.job

Yeah and your told to start your first sales pitch on neighbours and relatives, you'll make a few sales, but people will start crossing the street when they see you.

T

Tenko

Hehe

My dad actually bought one of these extremely expensive and crappy vacuum cleaners, but he was always a sucker for a hard sell!

But as they said, are you a mean spirited conman who likes to rob old ladies and appear on Watchdog.

I can just imagine Nicky Campbell now....

"Y-it-earp, cowboy of the door to door traders, do you really think this vac was worth this poor defenceless old lady selling her kidnies for?"

:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom