King Kong

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
Just got in from watching it, the film was good although I probably wouldn't watch it again.

The first hour really dragged and was long winded, the second hour felt like I was watching Jurassic Park, and the third hour was by far the best, especially the scenes in the city. I actually felt myself beginning to care about king kong at the end.

Must admin I did find myself really starting to hate Jack Blacks character, and at times was really hoping he would die a slow horrible death.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
3 hours :eek6: I was thinking of taking the kids ! Definitely wait for DVD on that one.

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
more a case of 3h 30mins once the adverts and trailers have been added.

jacky_yao

Fledgling Freddie
re

i don't know what about you. i just want to introduct some movie, a new movie that producted by chen kaige. you can get the information in:

*Thread isn't about martial arts though is it, please refrain again from using the site as an promotion medium for completely ot subjects*

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I thought it was crap; fucking dull.

It's three hours long and MY GOD does it drag. The first hour dragged in, but I admit the action in the middle was entertaining although I'd seen it all before (as mentioned) in Jurassic Park; there was just too much of silly action sequences and not enough story.

Then there is the ending, King Kong is lying in the water and then suddenly he's in chains in New York? How did they manage that? How did they get him on the ship? And the ending... oh please, i just found it embaressing to watch a woman fall in love with a giant ape; what a load of utter mince.

leggy

Probably Scottish
I agree to an extent. It was very very fatty. Way too many pointless sequences that didn't add to the plot or to character development. On the whole I came out feeling completely underwhelmed.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
and:

The bit where they're in the gorge with the stampeding dinosaurs? Oh my god? How the fuck did they manage not to get trampled all over? And then rolling down the hill they all didn't get squashed? But somehow that dude manage to drop-kick one of the velociraptors in the face?

Jesus suffering fuck :rolleyes:

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Long film, doesn't need to be so long.
Kong is small.

That is all.

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Just got back from watching it and i thought it was quite a poor film. As has been stated, it was too long.

Until they got to the Island it was extremely boring, it didn't get that much better. There were a load of inconsistencies in the film. Such as being able to outrun a Dinosaur/keep up with it. At the end on the empire state building how was the woman not blown off? Especially when the planes flew right by. When Kong died his body didn't leave a crater in the floor, it should have. Nothing that particularly detracted from the film, but it annoyed me.

My verdict; watch it if you are a fan of King Kong, or liked Jurassic Park. Otherwise just save your money and rent it.

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
Loved it. wife loved it , kids loved it.

Long yes...but you know that before you go in and you know its directed by PJ so of course it will be fatty

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Enjoyed it tbh. Not a masterpeice but damned good fun.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Far far far too long a film.

I did enjoy the film as a whole but found I was getting irritated when we were an hour into the film and we hadnt even got to the jungle yet!

And then getting irritated with the dino fight scenes which went on far too long.

I would have given it a 7/10 if it was 1 1/2 hrs shorter!!

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
ZzZzZzzzzzzzZzZZ oh sorry just so sleepy after this film.

thought it was rubbish, couldnt care less for the characters or for Kong at all.
It dragged on far to long.

Worst film of the year without a doubt

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I love piracy. It allows me to watch drivel like this film, and not feel bad about illegality.

What a load of rubbish. Original is miles better.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
found this to be over rated bollox as well, i wasted all of £7 buying this

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom