Books Kindle for Android/Kindle in General

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Well you see 'free' is worthless you can't give a downloaded copy as a present, no one is going to be impressed by a collection of pirated files, there will always be a market for stuff that proves you spent money on it.
In fact it's probably the biggest market, the more something gets copied and shared the more valuable the 'real' thing gets.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
OK I give up if you think we should be paying the exact same price for a hardback book and a ebook good for you.

You're backtracking now :) I don't mind, the ebook has more features than the physical copy and doesn't take up valuable space in my house. So yeah, I have no problem paying the same for ebooks. Fuck, look at games, Steam is always the most expensive option unless you wait for special sales. It's about convenience. Instant delivery.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
This again? I'll pirate stuff when legit vendors offer an inferior service. Ie, pirating benefits:

(I cant get Game of thrones cos I don't have/can't get Sky)

Rubbish excuse, too right people who pay for services like sky should have exclusives or else its not worth it. If you arent willing/unable to pay for sky dont use it as a justification for getting it illegally

Be honest and just admit you want to watch whatever you want and totally for free. Like ive said before i do download illegally and i dont sugar coat it with but yeah i will buy it if i like it etc etc. For the record i also have sky+ which my house pays £80 a month for so i have best of both worlds

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Rubbish excuse, too right people who pay for services like sky should have exclusives or else its not worth it. If you arent willing/unable to pay for sky dont use it as a justification for getting it illegally

Be honest and just admit you want to watch whatever you want and totally for free. Like ive said before i do download illegally and i dont sugar coat it with but yeah i will buy it if i like it etc etc. For the record i also have sky+ which my house pays £80 a month for so i have best of both worlds

Take notice that he said he doesnt have/can't get sky,

I actually can't get sky due to the park that is infront of my house - signal can't get passed the trees according to sky's engineers, so I have virgin, i'm obviously not using this as my justification for downloading game of thrones.

if there were a way in which we could pay 1 fee for every channel that is broadcast on the planet regardless of country etc rest assured i'd pay it in a flash and actually start watching my tv

ECA

I am a FH squatter
It's the same thing w/ games, the retail industry point blank said we won't carry your games if they are as cheap as retail on steam - it's why it costs a little more on steam, not because of any other reason.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Take notice that he said he doesnt have/can't get sky,

I actually can't get sky due to the park that is infront of my house - signal can't get passed the trees according to sky's engineers, so I have virgin, i'm obviously not using this as my justification for downloading game of thrones.

if there were a way in which we could pay 1 fee for every channel that is broadcast on the planet regardless of country etc rest assured i'd pay it in a flash and actually start watching my tv

Take note i did mention not willing/unable

Its why its called an exclusive. I have an xbox i play xbox games. If i want to play a PS3 exclusive i will buy a PS3

EDIT: or you could do what many others do, buy the DVD box set which most of the time these days are out pretty soon after the series

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Didn't they remove vat on paper books to encourage people to read? If so, it should apply to ebooks

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Take note i did mention not willing/unable

Its why its called an exclusive. I have an xbox i play xbox games. If i want to play a PS3 exclusive i will buy a PS3

EDIT: or you could do what many others do, buy the DVD box set which most of the time these days are out pretty soon after the series

fair enough, however too many people aren't willing to wait + have too high a curiosity which inevitably end in them seeing spoilers etc.

Although as I said in my original post this was more of a lets discuss the topic and share opinions which I'm grateful to say has happened as its helped my working day pass quite quickly :)

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
fair enough, however too many people aren't willing to wait + have too high a curiosity which inevitably end in them seeing spoilers etc.

Most people use illegal downloading because, as has been mentioned in this thread, that they are unable to get the shows, which is rubbish. The fact of the matter is exactly what you said. People arent willing to wait. That means every excuse they say is basically self justification and to justify to others

I dont care about illegal downloading, i do it. I just wish people were honest and said "I want to watch the show asap and i dont want to wait and/or pay to view it"

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
I pirate everything apart from the games I need a serial to play online.

Bought a few books, like fighter auto bios (£20 a piece ...) but that's about it.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Another one who won't pirate books here, I will download the ebook if I already own the real thing though. Books are hardly expensive in the main, and there are lots of legally free books if you are looking for things to read without spending.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I just like to have the book. I like reading a book. I don't like holding a bit of plastic to read something.

I have some reference E-books and PDFs though

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Most people use illegal downloading because, as has been mentioned in this thread, that they are unable to get the shows, which is rubbish. The fact of the matter is exactly what you said. People arent willing to wait. That means every excuse they say is basically self justification and to justify to others

I dont care about illegal downloading, i do it. I just wish people were honest and said "I want to watch the show asap and i dont want to wait and/or pay to view it"

Wow, sanctimonious much?

Option 1) Don't watch, buy DVD/Bluray when available
Option 2) Watch, buy DVD/Bluray when available
Option 3) Watch, Dont buy

I'm choosing option 2, you admit you're an option 3 person and you're condemning me?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I download stuff for several reasons.

I quite like watching stuff on the PC. Lights out, head phones on...a bit of me time!
Or I cba to wait for something to come out. It's ready...release it ffs.
Or older shows that I have missed. I don't really like being drip fed with shows, the exception I have made is Game of Thrones.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I download certain shows once they air in the US/Canada AND watch them again when they air in the UK.
Fringe is one example. I'll grab a 400Mb version to watch the ep immediately after the US airing, and then watch it on Sky1 HD a few weeks later for the HD loveliness.

I tend to buy books second hand unless it's an author or series that I've been following. I'll buy books from Julian May, Kevin J Anderson, Greg Bear and Stephen Baxter as they come out on paperback because I like those authors and want to support them by buying their book.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
FFS, what has this forum turned to? it's worse than 4chan now with all this flaming bollox.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I just like to have the book. I like reading a book. I don't like holding a bit of plastic to read something.

This. Books have character. They smell different, they feel different. They're a whole experience. They're much more satisfying to read.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Just can't get into ebooks at all. I love my books & bookcases. Can totally understand why everyone loves ebooks, but not for me. The day I get rid of my books and convert to digital will be the day a penguin from London Zoo publishes a paper on quantum gravity.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Wow, sanctimonious much?

Option 1) Don't watch, buy DVD/Bluray when available
Option 2) Watch, buy DVD/Bluray when available
Option 3) Watch, Dont buy

I'm choosing option 2, you admit you're an option 3 person and you're condemning me?

I'm condemning all those people who swear they are option 2 when we all know they are really option 3

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I'm condemning all those people who swear they are option 2 when we all know they are really option 3

Perhaps but there also needs to be option 4. Watch and will buy the good stuff, not the shit.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I download TV shows because, even if I waited for them to be shown over here, I'd still just record it and skip through the ads. Advertisers ain't getting shit through to me either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom