[killing time]The day the account had to renewed

B

bilz

Today was the day i was gonna try and make 500 weaponcrafting, today was the day i was gonna get my darn miniding, today was the day that was gonna be better than any other day before it, untill i turned on my computer... This story is based on a true event, taking place on the 19th nov. 2002.

The day started off nicely, a good solid breakfast, a nice trip to the loo, i was feeling funky and ready as every to bash some mobs, mids or n00bs, anything that fell into my lap. Clicking on the DAOC icon on my desktop made me realise how great the day really was, couple of bottles of Coca Cola, a bowl of candy and a nice varm room, i was ready for yet another day.

I entered my password with the speed of a snail, as i always forget the bloody thing, and hit enter... "ACCOUNT CLOSED"

I gasped for a second and quickly open my internet explorer, typing www.camelot-europe.com into the address line. A page poped up, my eyes searched and searched for the account button, there it was, clicking it with the haste of lightning my breathing started to slow down. After having entered my account name and password i noticed that today the subscription was suppose to be renewed. I got back down to earth and thought that must be a bug, maybe they dont like the 6 month subscriptions. I cancled my renewal and tried to add another 6 monthes that i could pay right now with my visa.

As i entered the secure payment section i noticed that my address was wrong on the invoice, so i thought, might as well type in the correct information. I went back to the subscription page to change my personal details, after this was done i tried to enter the secure payment page again. And woohoo... a message saying that i couldn't enter just now because my transaction was being processed. I did the only thing i could thing off, yell out the one word fitting for this sort of thing. "DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!"

I sat for about 10 minutes just looking with empty eyes at the screen, not knowing what the do next. It did say to return and check in 3 hours... but 3 hours? that's like 2 bubs of xp. How could anyone endure this sort of torment?

After about 30 minutes had passed, i came here to the BW forums looking for something to help kill time. Well... that's what i'm doing now, killing time... Who ever reads this really must have a closed account as well :)

-----

Bilz
46 Merc of The Immortals
alb/pryd

G

Gabrial

You know Im starting to get really worried.

1. My account is due to renew tomorrow
2. I changed to a 6 month subscription last week
3. My credit card expired this month.

O

old.Plebo

Cor Bilz. I hope you come back ok.

If not, can you mail GOA and ask 'em if I can have your Mercenary equipment? :)

O

old.Sko

Delete all cookies on your machine. Seems sometimes it causes trouble.

O

old.mattshanes

My account was closed when i renewed my bill pretty strange that so i just re-renewed it using a solo card as for some reason my credit card wasn't accepted yet now it is and it worked.

B

Blessus

Had the same problem m8 ...turns out its cos my auto renewal thing wasnt ticked on my payment section.

D

Delket

Gah this must happen at the worst time, missed a dragon raid to this other day
Wasnt happy :F

Users who are viewing this thread