Killing Apocalypse.

A

Aussie-

Well for the X time in a row i've seen another failed attempt on apoc ( watch my bro's screen every week )

and afaik he could have been killed AGAIN this week if ppl would work together instead of mindless zerging and praying he'll die.

The key for success are THEURGISTS and NECROS.
-Theurgists mostly do their job. i.e. petspam.. Apoc went to 50% fast. last week he went to 30% fast. pets die. game over.

sshot881.jpg

5 necros at melee mode, the reason why you failed.
If only Necros would give power to THEURS. not to clerics.
and if they cba to /duel challenge ANYONE. to tap power... there would have been 20x more dead Apocs.

No need for caby pet to /duel challenge.. even an Arms is OK.
20 pets on Apoc > 1 Arms.

Maybe another thing most albs don't know..
- If you stay in center, the Rain of Fire does less dmg
- If nobody dies. the Harbingers won't spawn.. When the first group dies. The Harbingers will spawn.
Preventing them to spawn is possible,afaik first successfull raid from Falcor was without 1 add. Rain of Fire doesn't count ass kill. Only when Apoc kills he'll spawn them

info from VN ofcourse! : http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=58627138&replies=13

D

DeaD GuRu

necro advice,

set passive button on qbar
set it behind your pet summon after it died in anihilate rain, or whatever it is called

after every anihayayouknowwhat (joke) you will be the once to provide ressing power, it'll speed up things :)

this is an action that can be forgotten in the laggy chaos

last edit , put a friar in your group, fire resists seem to have a nice effect on pets sometimes.

F

Flimgoblin

the necro duels will be stopped the moment they get hit by rain of fire- however they might be able to get some power back by then.

The only way to kill apoc with less than a massive zerg at the moment is to put as many pets on his as quick as possible - if you're lucky you can keep his aggro on a paladin and not have him die, get a group with 2 6s pbt, 3 paladins, 2 clerics as the main tank group - everyone else on him.

The only tactic really is to kill him before your clerics run out of power ;)

S

ScarletPinp

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
the necro duels will be stopped the moment they get hit by rain of fire

not to hard to set up a /duel challenge macro on the necros qb and a /duel accept macro on the targets qb... but ohh that would take organisation and we all know we dont have that :>

Y

Yussef

Originally posted by ScarletPinp
not to hard to set up a /duel challenge macro on the necros qb and a /duel accept macro on the targets qb... but ohh that would take organisation and we all know we dont have that :>

Yeah, you will also need to heal the hurt target too ;o

G

Glottis_Xanadu

So basically Falcor is still the only one to have lead a succefull raid?
Regards, Glottis

F

-frostor-

our alliance that was leaded by Daivana killed em too

O

old.Ramas

And Pin killed him a few times before Falcor started raiding too.

C

catalina

Afaik noone has killed him since the new hitcode was introduced.

O

old.Zeikerd

Falcor killed him the week the new hit code was applied in 1.62. But it has failed ever since.

O

old.Zeikerd

About that cab-necro dueling. It's easy to call the necro's and cabs shit if they dont do it, but they can hardly do it at Apoc.
You only have seconds before rain of fire hits you, canceling the duel. And no one is going to heal you because you aren't grouped. Blocking the next duel.

A

Antedeluvian

Originally posted by old.Zeikerd
Falcor killed him the week the new hit code was applied in 1.62. But it has failed ever since.

I was in that Raid, the key was we had a little number of soft targets (infiltrators and casters) so Harbringers didn't spawn. I don't know why we hadn't that classes, only know we had a lot of theurgs as almost only caster class (and some necros too but they are not a soft target) and few infils, and the result of that was only 2-3 guys dead, and noone by the razor-bitch. Apoc dropped in about 2 minutes whit a lot off theurgs pets on him/her (god know).

B

Belomar

Originally posted by -frostor-
our alliance that was leaded by Daivana killed em too
Well, this was the joint alliance raid with your alliance and the SS alliance, and led by Daivana and Pin. ;)

O

old.Ramas

imho power pots would make more sense for theurgs than necro duelling.

I'd have thought you'd want the necros spending the time trying to get debuffs to stick.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by Antedeluvian
I was in that Raid, the key was we had a little number of soft targets (infiltrators and casters) so Harbringers didn't spawn. I don't know why we hadn't that classes, only know we had a lot of theurgs as almost only caster class (and some necros too but they are not a soft target) and few infils, and the result of that was only 2-3 guys dead, and noone by the razor-bitch. Apoc dropped in about 2 minutes whit a lot off theurgs pets on him/her (god know).

There were only a few "soft" targets cause there was no noob lvl 48+ plus rule. All those fecking noobs who are 48, fecking useless really.
And most of the other raid leaders just plain suck when compared to Falcor.
Regards, Glottis

T

telaron

I was at that raid and the only diffrence from that raid and every other raid I've been to is that it was 130+ people there. It was ONLY zerg4t3ewin and had nothing to do with the leader capabilities. Falcors only instructions were "Noone must die cause the adds spawn."

Basicly, at least that time, it wasn't falcors "great leadership" that brought down apoc but a old fashioned albzerg in it's pride.

C

corel

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
There were only a few "soft" targets cause there was no noob lvl 48+ plus rule. All those fecking noobs who are 48, fecking useless really.
And most of the other raid leaders just plain suck when compared to Falcor.
Regards, Glottis

Sigh... ever heard of Debuffing a mob?

/dismiss

O

old_saxo

Glottis_Xanadu
Earther

So basically Falcor is still the only one to have lead a succefull raid?
Regards, Glottis

If people's goal is Apoc then yes
If people's goal is the items in caer sidi then if you just get to apoc its a succfull raid imo

A

Aussie-

During cleric only mob
Wizards/Theurs shoudl be buffing tanks with EB
Necros + 1 arms should make themself ready for duel.

time enough
never happens.

F

Flimgoblin

only proven tactic to killing apoc post-1.62 is having 130+ people ;)

we'll have to see what the changes in 1.65 do to him.

A

Aussie-

mindless zerging you mean.
I hope future sidi leader atleast try to do a DECENT attempt on him and i'm not talking about gathering numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread