Kill-tasks in 1.52

T

Tiwaz

New "kill tasks" for level 21 to 41.
The above has been clipped from GOA's news post about what is new in 1.52.

Well, I tried saying 'task' to a guard, and was given a message about not being able to do kill tasks after lvl 20. Anybody knows if GOA has misinformed us, or am I doing something wrong?

By the way, I'm 36 seasons old...

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Tiwaz
By the way, I'm 36 seasons old...

So what you're saying is that you're level 36? OR that your character has farmed the land for 36 summers? Wich you counted from the passing days ofcourse. Or are you saying your playtime is 36h? Do tell 'cause this is the most important issue on your question.

T

Tiwaz

Hmm, okay, I should have been more clear;)

I'm level 36...

T

tanoin

as far as i'm aware the kill tasks don't work in the same way as the pre lvl 20 ones, you speak to a specific npc and they tell you they are collecting something, you then go kill the creature bring back the object and receive xp and money in return. I read about some of them on allakhazam.com, they work over level ranges too, eg one npc will give tasks to a people level 20-24. I think i'm right on this, i await to be corrected ;)

N

nerve

Tiwaz,

the lvl 21-40 killtasks descibed are not killtasks as you're used to from lvl 1-20. Every lvl has it's specific killtask where you'll have to hunt a specific mob for one of their (body part) drops, and turn these in to a specific NPC for the reward. You can compare these to the Moor Boogey killtasks which were already there in the previous version. There's an excellent overview of all lvl 21-40 killtasks on allakhazam, so check em there.

C U,

Nerve.

T

talen_sun

OK, question, Talen is level 45, and when talking to Thule Runic in cornwall (where i'm crafting) he said he was after pelladiah skins to make leather squares -

I though the new tasks ended at 40th - is this a bug? or does it carry on until 50th???

O

old.Charonel

tested the higher "kill tasks" on gorre just before we got patched, got some grovewood bark at lvl 36 from some orange grovewoods, but iddnt know who to give it to (you just give it to a certain npc and they give you xp and loot for it) so i just sold it, was ace :D, 80ish silver for each grovewood in a bag of coins, as well as 45ish silver for the bark :D, great loot mobs now!

certainly not bad for a lvl 36 to farm, if only they didnt call for help and bring ten at once with insta DD and root spells :D

P

PJS

soloing grovewoods is an artform, and I learnt it the hard way

you need to pull one away from the rest before you lay into it
(got 1g 20s cash off one once)

M

matax

Tested it last night. Speak to the NPC and they give you some spiel about wanting a certain item. First one I tried was complaining about the mob attacking their village and so would reward me for the mobs head. Second one I tried said she liked to dye her hair a certain colour and needed the wings of another mob for the dye colour.

The drops are not everytime you kill the mob, for the Alp Lucra heads I had to kill about 10 to get the drop. The additional XP was about the same as killing one of the mobs i.e. 2 for the price of 1 :) plus some cash.

For any Hibbies reading this, follow this link for a list of our post 20 kill tasks:

http://www.silicondragon.com/Gaming/DAoC/Tasks/post_20th_level_kill_tasks.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom