Kill Bill

T

the_smurflord

Went to see this tonight.

Very very very odd film. Timeline jumps all over the place, but so did Pulp Fiction.
It seemed a very self-indulgant film, and you could see that Tarantino has been watching too many Sergio Leone and Akira Kurosawa movies.
Excessive violence, really excessive, but at the same time very cartoonish and hard to take seriously.
While there were some moments of humour, the sharp and witty dialogue and more rounded characters of Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction were pretty much abscent. Maybe we'll learn more in Part 2 of Kill Bill, but the characters just seem to be lined up one after another to be knocked down.

Is it a good film? I'm still trying to decide that.
Worth a viewing though.

PS: Nice ball and chain fight though.

B

Bigade

sucks how they split the film into 2 parts though

T

the_smurflord

Originally posted by Bigade
sucks how they split the film into 2 parts though

These days no film chain will permit a 4 hour film, when there is a set ticket price regardless of the length of film. Films twice as long = half number of screenings = half profits.

Rather have 2 films than have it cut down to fit into one.

B

Bigade

depends when the next one comes out, I mean if it ll take another 3 month or so i rather they edit out part of the film xD

S

Sharma

First one is Kill Bill, second one is Maim Dave? o_O

A

Ardrias_Mid

You're not really funny Bigade. Good thing you more than make it up in bed.

L

Lurid

Originally posted by the_smurflord
PS: Nice ball and chain fight though.
I liked the part where Uma Thurman breakdanced with dual katanas.

Rest of the film was shyte tho.

C

Cush

The Anime was going strong in the movie. Even when it wasent animated. Didnt think to much of it tho. A bunch of pointless drivel.

Think im getting to old to see these massive action movies when stuff happens every split second and one singel person is able to kill 80 ppl rushing her at ones.

A

aveh

Clearly Tarantino has an Uma Thurman foot fettish. Dunno why tho, she has truly ugly feet.

P

painman

Originally posted by Bigade
depends when the next one comes out, I mean if it ll take another 3 month or so i rather they edit out part of the film xD

it must have been a bad/semibad movie then, couse never heard anybody say that about "lord of the ring" or "the matrix" :p

C

Cush

Originally posted by aveh
Clearly Tarantino has an Uma Thurman foot fettish. Dunno why tho, she has truly ugly feet.

She has dancers feet

H

Hargh

The manga was good, the Sushi bit was good, the rest was self indulgent twaddle.
imo :D

L

leviathane

saw it the other nite, quality film tbh with a nice cartoon. :clap:

P

pudzy

Great film imo, something very different :).

/me wtfpwnsroflmfaomateylol!!! Bigade

F

frogster

The company i had was the best part of this film for me :D

The film was good tho :p

E

ele

Very exaggerated effects but held my interest all the way through...i was disappointed when it ended..gifv 2nd one..though I doubt it will be as good.

O

[Oo]Escape

The timeline jumps around too much and doesn't add anything to the film like it did for Pulp Fiction. The dialogue is crap, doesn't go with the characters. The characters themselves don't get enough attention. It's more like "Meet XXXX" -> "Now watch XXXX Die"

There's too much emphasis on presentation, until it feels like an amatuer's school project. It's not a bad movie, but not up to Tarantino's standard either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom