Kill Bill Theme

S

Summo

There's been lots of stuff on the radio recently about Tarantino's new film, Kill Bill. The theme music has been stuck in my head and I need to know who its by and what its called. Does anyone know?

Kazaa has a poor quality version of it (search "Kill Bill") and the trailer is here.

Help me!

T

Tom

Yarr, have ye tried looking at the poster credits?

J

Jonaldo

Stolen from some random website somewhere.

Quentin Tarantino's first film in donkey's years 'Kill Bill volume 1' is coming out on the 17th of October, and the accompanying soundtrack will be out on the 29th of September, and just by scanning the tracklisting we can tell it's going to be a bit of a belter. Mind you, Quent has always had a bit of a gift for getting his soundtracks right.

Here are the tracks:

1. "Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)" - Nancy Sinatra

2. "That Certain Female" - Charlie Feathers

3. "The Grand Duel - (Parte Prima)" - Luis Bacalov

4. "Twisted Nerve" - Bernard Herrmann

5. Queen Of the Crime Council - dialogue excerpt from film featuring Lucy Lui & Julie Dreyfus

6. "Ode To Oren Ishii" - The RZA

7. "Run Fay Run" - Isaac Hayes

8. "Green Hornet" - Al Hirt

9. "Battle Without Honor or Humanity" - Tomoyasu Hotei

10. "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" - Santa Esmeralda

11. "Woo Hoo" - The 5.6.7.8's

12. "Crane"/"White Lightning" - The RZA/Charles Bernstein

13. "The Flower of Carnage" - Meiko Kaji

14. "The Lonely Shepherd" - Zamfir

15. You're My Wicked Life - dialogue excerpt w/ David Carradine, Julie Dreyfus & Uma Thurman

16. "Ironside" excerpt - Quincy Jones

17. "Super 16" excerpt - Neu!

'Kung Fu Stings and SFX'

18. Uakuza Oren 1

19. Bannister Fight

20. Flip Sting

21. Sword Swings

22. Axe Throws

Of course what the theme tune is I can't tell you yet :/

J

Jonaldo

Found a better website with descriptions of each song. These two stand out as sounding maybe what you were after;

7. Run Fay Run - Isaac Hayes

This tune starts with rythmic drumming and gets mixed with bizarre sounds. Then, the full song explodes over the speakers, and what comes out: is a great blaxploitation-like instrumental song with constant rythmic flavor. Brass sounds continue to play and to be honest: This song puts you perfectly in the exploitation mood, QT wants you to be. Once again, a great choice for a soundtrack.

9. Battle Without Honor or Humanity - Tomoyasu Hotei

This is the song that has accompanied the Kill Bill myth for a long time now. Ever since the teaser trailer we know this song. It's from Japanese pop-rock artist Hotei Tomoyasu and also known as "jingi nagatkai". This is the kind of song that BLASTS over trailers now. And it kicks in, heavily. This is my favorite song. The drums, the trumpets, the entire beat of this song is so great. An absolutely unforgettable song that will boggle your mind all the time from now on. If you hear this song, remember, "HERE COMES THE BRIDE!"

Hope this helps in some way, shape or form.

S

Summo

Ah! You are... you've done...

I could kiss you. Thank you.

:D

J

Jonaldo

And the trailer song here may be the one you've already downloaded from Kazaa mayhaps?

edit: Actually this is it :D not low quality at all but it's just short, seems complete though or it's just an edited version.
Pretty cool little funky tune, perfect for a film intro or something.

This is the direct link to the mp3 - suggest people don't click on this if they don't wanna download anything, especially don't want to abuse other peoples bandwidth etc ;)

Also it was by a the Hotei person at Hotei.com for further reference (I say that because I'm not 100% sure if it's Hotei Tomoyasu or Tomoyasu Hotei) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom