Kids Nowadays...Pfft

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
What the fuck has happened to todays yoofs? They are either hurting peoples property or animals or old people rather than themselves....which is how it should be. Then theres the other side where they are scared of everything and won't leave their bedroom for fear of the sun exploding on them.

Some things we used to get up to as kids you just don't hear about anymore.

1. Smell the cheese, you used to place your palm in front of someone with a clenched fist on top then say "this is a mousetrap, smell the cheese" then when they went to smell it you twatted them in the nose, I got my nose broke for the first time doing this.

2. Splits, you both had a dart and had to stand with your legs spread and the game was to get the dart as close to the other persons foot without them moving, especially fun doing it without shoes. Countless times I fell to the floor with a rusty dart hanging out of my foot.

3. Wraps, the best card game ever, don't remember the exact rules but if you got a black ace you had to have 52 hard wraps across your knuckles, we used to play this every night and it was great fun seeing scabs fly off peoples hands. One mate even cried but he took all of his wraps.

4. Dead leg boxing, this may be just our game, you had to whack each other in the legs until one of you fell on the floor in sheer pain. I always won this game because my mate had really skinny legs. It may explain the trouble I have with my legs now though.

Can't think of anymore right now, anyone else do any great stuff like the above?

If any youngsters are reading this I demand you go out and do damage to yourself in the pursuit of fun. Then and only then will you know you are alive. Think Fight Club but more brutal.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Slapheads. Get your hair cut and suffer the ignomy of being slapped hard on the head by everyone.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Chops. When someone was unaware, krate chop them in their adams apple.

(Got banned in the school for the obvious medical reasons and results in hundreds of kids walking around with chins to chests ;))

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
we used to ahve a game where you lined up against a wall and would have a tennis ball thrown at peoples heads. if they flinched they lost. And Knuckles, that was fun, like slaps (flinch or be slapped on the hands game) but donw with the fingers curled so it was direct knuckle on knuckle contact.

we used to have lots of games where boys would bundle on top of each other in what amounted to homoerotic asphyxiation, which looking back was probably a bit suspect...

oh and i forgot, doing that thing where by you use a compass to stab between your fingers as quickly as possible, or a penknife if you were really hard. I was champion at that because i didn't notice much when i stabbed myself.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
The game with darts, but we used knives.

Thinking about it now we used to sleep in a tent every weekend in the summer, there was a girl from our street who was very developed for her age. Even better she used to put out, very silly really non of us wearing protection and all of us getting in on the action. Not really a game as such but it was fun.

We used to play Japs (omfg can I say this :p) and Commandos with air rifles.

And our final game inspiration was warriors, all the young lads would run away and the older ones would hunt them down on bikes and hit them with sticks to tag them.

All in all we used to dick about, jumping around on electricity generators, over metal spiked fences and from roof to roof in the local Concrete works. Best time ever was a friend who rushed his jump and actually hit the wall face first and slid down like a cartoon character. he broke his ankle :p

Another time one of my friends tried to run over a door which was over our Bonfire, he fell through the door and into the fire. Never seen anyone move as fast as he did to get out of there. His fingers were hanging off like the acid guy out of robocop it was sick as fook.

Actually I have a story :p

I live near the National Garden Festival Site that was held in the North East, when they were clearing the area ready for planting, they had to build some walkways over a river. They shipped in 5 of these massive steel cylinders that they were going to use to let the water keep flowing through while and let them cover over the top.

Now these tubes were put on the football fields at the bottom of our street, they did actually wreck the pitches for car parks so we had a big massive pile of mud to play on. We soon discovered that with 2 people on the top and 2 inside we could get the tubes moving up to a decent speed across the field.

We then came up with the idea of having tube jousting matches where we went as fast as we could and crashed into the other tube, the winners were the team that had anyone still on the tube. Well one day we were playing it had been raining all day and I honestly believe it was the only thing that saved our friends life. He fell off in front of his own tube as he was moving it back for a joust and it rolled straight over him, his heart stopped and fortunately one of our girls was in the Territorial Army at the time and was able to bring him back round. It was one of the most scary moments of my life, yet also so funny when he stood up and there was a teenagers imprint in the mud. Needless to say we quit playing with those tubes.

I loved my child hood and I feel that kids nowadays are really missing out on alot to try and be grown up so quick.

FozzySon

Can't get enough of FH
we used to ahve a game where you lined up against a wall and would have a tennis ball thrown at peoples heads.

We used to do something like that, only it was called "Tanned ass" Basically, score so many against the keeper and he has to turn around and you pelt the football at his ass. :D I miss those days :(

Trem, believe it or not, smell the cheese is still in use!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
We used to hide in our garden and shoot the guy 2 gardens up in the legs with a .22 air rifle while he was playing soccer :)

Stick cricket - batsman has a stick, and everyone else lobs sticks at him and he has to bat them away or get hit (I cut my head open quite nicely doing that) :)

FozzySon

Can't get enough of FH
We used to hide in our garden and shoot the guy 2 gardens up in the legs with a .22 air rifle while he was playing soccer :)

My Dad used to do something like that IIRC. Him and his mates would take apples off some guys tree and then the fella would come out, then they open fire. :D

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
growing up in Indonesia, I was bitten, stung, scraped, batted about, fell off of, fell on to and slid down enough stuff whilst out exploring with my mates that there were next to none of the fun games kids play. I think the furthest we went was to throw clods of dirt at each other :)

I remember just after I'd moved to the UK that I was walking on the street going to school, and two kids I'd never seen before ran up to me, kicked my shins, and then ran off again. I stood there like a lemon because I didn't know what to do :)

leggy

Probably Scottish
Chicken Run:

Pelting it between two rows of angry little bastards who only had one goal. To kick the living shit out of you.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
There was a DIY shop nearby so we used to buy various bits of wood and dowelling, making swords, lances and bows & arrows. We then proceeded to have a medieval olympic games of swordfights, jousting on mountain bikes and firing toilet paper-padded arrows at each other. God that hurt but it was fun >.< Friend of mine managed to dislocate his shoulder in the jousting, heh.

Some of the stuff we did to the frogs around our area was incredibly cruel looking back, we'd tie them to wooden clothes pegs and see how far they could be launched from washing lines, think my record was 6 houses across.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
ooh arr Fuzzy, we did that with snails and tennis rackets in Indonesia. the snails were huge, and you got extra points if you managed to splatter a mate with snail innards o0

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
i used to live next to a builders tip which was the best playground ever, especially when we found gas canisters which we used to build bonfires around to try to get them to explode.

we used to build bows out of Hazel and twine and fire arrows at each others heads. I have a scar from just below my eye from where one of them nearly killed me...

although that said the most dangerous thing we ever did was hunt the Surrey Puma one day when we spotted it in the woods. We nearly got to it too but couldn't corner it :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom