Keyboard language changed in ToA? :/

Das_Hibbie

Fledgling Freddie
I recently got ToA, and once I DLed a new skin and loaded it fine etc, I tried to type in the letters å, ä and ö. Well surprisingly enough these doesn't work anymore. I get the danish ae instead of ä, and get some other odd figures instead of å and ö.

Anyone know what one could do to fix this? :/

Thanks ;)

PaqMan

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe check this, info found on ToA reg page:

Trials of Atlantis XML interface

This hint is especially for the ones of your playing with the customisable XML interface.
In order to use the table of characters specific to Europe, the XML files must include the following line in the header of the document:

<i><?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?></i><p>

Without this line, some windows with special characters will not be displayed at all, which can be quite problematic in some situations.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Sumthing that happened with the ToA patch. GoA (Kemor) Said it was to be fixed in the beginning of this week.

Indra

Fledgling Freddie
Atlantis live on the UK servers !
[2004-02-25]

Special symbols problems

There's a bug with the language specific characters on the UK servers. We have found the bug and there should be a fix on the patch server some time during tomorrow.

I guess "tomorrow" in France isn't the same as in other countries :p

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
whats the problem? its an english server and u should type in english so u don't need all them fecked up silly letters when u type any way

joke must be annoying when u talking to a fellow countryman (but if i can't understand it i couldn't really care)

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
nice its getting fixed.
using danish letters aint fun :p

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
Well.. i guess far over 50% on Exca isn't from england... so it's an english server yes.. but more ment for countries other then germany / france...

kinda unfair to let 50%+ not be able to use specific characters in their language...

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
Tualatin said:
Well.. i guess far over 50% on Exca isn't from england... so it's an english server yes.. but more ment for countries other then germany / france...

kinda unfair to let 50%+ not be able to use specific characters in their language...

if you want to get serious it says for english speaking

we also have the sweaties the micks and the sheep shaggers and they tend to speak a kinda broken english also(another joke to all the other little countries and principalities in the uk :wij: )

ffs was a joke i even said in second paragraph i'm the only english person in my guild the rest are mainly drunken danes and belguims what u say pomp? :drink:

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Intresting problem im having is /filter. Turning it off or on makes no diffrence, bad words are always filtered. Might be because of the skin I downloaded, im not sure.

Nebel

Fledgling Freddie
Skaven said:
Intresting problem im having is /filter. Turning it off or on makes no diffrence, bad words are always filtered. Might be because of the skin I downloaded, im not sure.

Got the same problem. No matter if i use a custom skin or original.... strange.

Fin

Fledgling Freddie
funny letters r pure fun...

specially danish ae , its like a race track, Å and thats the driver

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
Exc and Pryd are English Language servers... and thats just by default so we can speak to each other. not ENGLISH ONLY servers.. that would be utter bollox.

anyhoo yeah.. my bro said summit about £ coming up as a likkle box with shift-3 in UK.. some funny things happening with +keys atm :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom