key classes

constanze

Fledgling Freddie
Reaver: any place in your group ?

xxxrandom: eeehm no, any 8 year old kid with a merc will be a better assist monkey then you... fuck off to df

i really wonder why i never got a tell "join us" with my reaver?
(flame me at this part plz)
giv me det 5 and i will get tells every 5s

i am just pissed about the fact that nearly 50 % of the doac chars cant enjoy rvr becouse they dont got det

i hope all chars get det in frontiers (perhaps det3 for all and det 5 to tanks)

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
It's actually worse than that. Unless you're a healer/savage/shaman/skald, you have to rely on 'pickup' groups in Midgard.. That leaves 8 classes out in the cold.

Determination is certainly going on the chopping block with the RA respec. (Or at least, I hope it will be. Mythic has to be aware of the price non-det tanks are paying in the end game.)

We'll see.

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
It's actually worse than that. Unless you're a healer/savage/shaman/skald, you have to rely on 'pickup' groups in Midgard.. That leaves 8 classes out in the cold.

We'll see.
zerk/warrior isnt bad at all :eek:

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Groborthir said:
Nor are cabalists and wizards, but I don't see your group running with any of those. :)

you have any idea how many caster groups i've put together?

Groborthir

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
you have any idea how many caster groups i've put together?

No, I haven't. Mainly because I've never seen any of those caster groups, you say you made. :)

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
I think Blaien saw the best way round this. He made a reaver callsed Dettank.

[Alliance]Emainn00b: Det tank needed for rvr group in emain
[Alliance]Dettank: ok coming

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Groborthir said:
No, I haven't. Mainly because I've never seen any of those caster groups, you say you made. :)

not my fault

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Agree with Tesla. It sucks that only 20% of classes actually work well together in RvR groups. Every class should have something that makes them appeal to a group.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Fadeh said:
Lucky me i rolled a char who fit into the fotm template.

aye same here. i remember leveling up and being no more then 10mercs of all levels on at primetime.
Getting pm's, why a merc? they crap aint they!
But nevermind that. every class seems to get a time where they own the frontiers. back to casters soon thou it seems :(

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:

Determination is certainly going on the chopping block with the RA respec. (Or at least, I hope it will be. Mythic has to be aware of the price non-det tanks are paying in the end game.)

We'll see.

Very wrong zerkers sm and if build for it rm also get spot.
So leaves out thane+ hunter + sb so only 1 really group class in mid bit fucked atm.

A

Aoln

I could be such high RR if my first char was cleric instead of scout x<

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Balanced group= group formed around some idea. That idea could be "CC-immune" tanks or spirit debuff nuking for example.

Albion:
Rejuv Cleric
Rejuv Cleric
Sorc
Minstrel

This is the base that almost every group needs.
+
Paladin
Merc/Arms
Merc/Arms
Merc/Arms/Theurg/Reaver/Friar
or
Wizzie
Wizzie
Wizzie
anything
or
Spirit Cabby
Air Theurg
Air Theurg
Smite Cleric/Necro/Air Theur
etc

Using imagination on forming group is allowed ;o Shame the majority of Daoc-players are lazy and expecting getting everything served to them when and where they want to.

Reaver fits perfectly in Ice Wizzie group btw, guard+slam alone are lethal, up for that whipping cold debuffed mofos should hurt :D

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
You have to be mentally ill if you say a zerk has no space in a mid group now Oo

ev0_o

Loyal Freddie
Fadeh said:
Lucky me i rolled a char who fit into the fotm template.

aye, that generally happens when u PL a fotm char to fit into a GG temp :touch:

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
ev0_o said:
aye, that generally happens when u PL a fotm char to fit into a GG temp :touch:

I had a minstrel but was bored of it. Noone ran tank groups back then. And i decided i wanted a merc. Everyone said they sucked so hardly fotm back then.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Fadeh said:
I had a minstrel but was bored of it. Noone ran tank groups back then. And i decided i wanted a merc. Everyone said they sucked so hardly fotm back then.

you made it fotm then, lets start QQpplz.

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
A bit funny tho Constanze that you whine about ppl who dont wanna invite your char into grp. Should I remind you what said when I got an invite into a morning emain grp as 2nd cleric? "Bah, why not invite a 2h pala instead!?" :m00:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Zapsi said:
Very wrong zerkers sm and if build for it rm also get spot.
So leaves out thane+ hunter + sb so only 1 really group class in mid bit fucked atm.

what about BD's :p

remi

Fledgling Freddie
Killerbee said:
A bit funny tho Constanze that you whine about ppl who dont wanna invite your char into grp. Should I remind you what said when I got an invite into a morning emain grp as 2nd cleric? "Bah, why not invite a 2h pala instead!?" :m00:

hahah, why doesnt this surprise me? :D

Z

Zorgyn

Or you get a good guild that makes group with any class that wants to come =)

aslong as you have your 2-3 healers, endreg and speed. the rest can actually be any class ( sure it will be harder if they don't have DET but hey a challenge isn't bad) ofc a group with 2 healers 1 shaman 1 skald 2 sb's and a hunter won't have it easy.. but it can still be fun =)

when it comes to albion, on excal it seems like ma groups concists of atleast 1 reaver due to the abs debuff chant and their behind style ( and ofc slam )

on hib eclipse seems to have realized that valewalkers and anims are really good ( think iv'e seen some vw's and anims now with severance aswell )

they don't have DET but it's not all about DET, look at Dem hibbies or any other caster group.. casters dont have DET but they still pwn =)

If you find out you never get to RvR due to you dont have DET them imo.. why not start looking for a friendlier guild ?

Voltage

Fledgling Freddie
I've had times when I've received PMs to join tank groups, often from people who Im friends with and know I play my class (usually) quite well, other times its from groups who want to fight pbae groups and have a bit more of a chance. (Reaver twisting insta pbae's can interrupt an entire box until some git MOCs)

I think with ToA cast speed increases reavers will become more popular for just that reason, noone will want to get pbae'd every 0.9 seconds, so get a class in the group that can interrupt em all at the same time.

Path

Fledgling Freddie
Druids have GP to bail their casters out of mez, we don't ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom