Kemor: XML?

T

Thorarin

Is GOA planning on updating the servers.xml file generation so that it includes the <claimant> tags for outposts? I'd really like to be able to see who claimed what, as we can't in-game :(

O

old.Raziel

they said they were going to but they havent yet. :(

A

Alrindel

Seems they are running late, and we didn't get any news on Friday (although the german site got a news entry saying "there will be no news this friday").

Go go gadget XML Chronicles!

S

Seyrcim

Common, some info would be nice... All my scripts are already up and working, all I need is the xml... (not so fun using some us-guild info :( even tho it's good for testing)

L

-Light-

Give the man a chance to breath hehe

Just glad he is actually alive and reading stuff on here

WOOHOO KEMOR!

O

old.ZonithWymkeeper

yeah, hehe....

so kemor do u ever play, or do u spend all ur time learning french for the GOA employee chess turnament and answering silly posts on the forums?

(not referring to this one, as i was starting to wonder bout the xml aswell =)

mmm nice cow....down martha, down......
(muffled sounds of bones being crunched)
:m00:

S

SFXman

Originally posted by old.ZonithWymkeeper
yeah, hehe....

so kemor do u ever play, or do u spend all ur time learning french for the GOA employee chess turnament and answering silly posts on the forums?

(not referring to this one, as i was starting to wonder bout the xml aswell =)

mmm nice cow....down martha, down......
(muffled sounds of bones being crunched)
:m00:
He is in-game quite often actually.

S

Seyrcim

This wasn't really what I wanted to hear.
Camelot Chronicles

The hazard of computers... As announced briefly last week soon after the patching to 1.48, we encountered a serious problem with the tool extracting and publishing the servers' information. We received another version of this tool and so far, it is working ok. We now need to re-do the testing of this new version, make sure that what was done before is still working and if not, do the changes needed.
As it seems, the new Chronicles functionalities will not be available before the end of next week at best. The ones responsible for this delay are of course enchained to their keyboard and flogged regularly.

Well, back to waiting again...

O

old.Alliandre

Can't you be happy? We got the 1.48 patch and bg's? New materials and other stuff to. And if they patch as quickly as they say they will people won't get much of a chance to find bugs and abuse them countless times :)

Roll on 1.49 :)

A

Alrindel

Originally posted by inqy
woohoo. so what's this xml anyway? ;) :m00:
The XML files in the chronicles let you grab information that is automatically updated directly from the servers and then you can import it and use it however you like. At the moment only simple information about the server is available (if the server is up or down, how many players, who owns which keeps and relics). So I can take this file: http://www.camelot-europe.com/herald/servers.xml
and use it on our web site here: http://silent-death.net/guild/

In the 1.48 patch (when the scripts are working) we will be able to get much more detailed information about our guilds and the players on the realms (see all the players in your guild with their levels and RPs, see who are the highest crafters on the server, things like that).

It was supposed to be all ready for the patch but apparently it got broken and has been pushed back a couple of weeks. :(

S

Seyrcim

Originally posted by old.Alliandre
Can't you be happy? We got the 1.48 patch and bg's?

Roll on 1.49 :)

I never said I wasn't happy with the GAME, this hasn't really got anything to do with gameplay. I just like statistics and want to get all our member statistics on our page :p

[EDIT] To see what I mean: http://norseman.cjb.net/main.php?page=memtest
[/EDIT]

S

SFXman

It is so hilarious how if we did not know about AT ALL what they had in the US (which is not possible) we would not complain about patching OR any statistics. Jealousy... jealousy :)

O

old.Revz

Do GOA think they are catching up on the US patch wise? Keeping the gap even? Falling behind?

It just seems that if 1.51 is very tentatively slated for some time in October we will actually have a progressively larger gap between these servers and the ones in the US. Not exactly the "few months to catch up" we were promised during beta.

S

SFXman

True... I was hoping 1.49 to be sometime this month already... but it is next month and I think I will immensly enjoy the game till then having two (ok ok... THREE) lowbie chars who may still play in all BGs and my scout still has a good 5k to go in Caledonia (although at 1000 rp a day it is only a week ;))... for L50's and 40+ I guess 1.49 will be THE BOMB!

T

Trahg

Hmm, I'm trying to do a server monitor in java-script... It works perfectly well when looking at it localy. When i upload it somewhere, it doesn't seem to load the XML :(

Any experienced java-scripters here that can help me? :clap:

S

Seyrcim

Originally posted by Trahg
It works perfectly well when looking at it localy. When i upload it somewhere, it doesn't seem to load the XML :(

Any experienced java-scripters here that can help me? :clap:

It has nothing to do with the javascript itself. It's the webserver that doesn't support XML. Tell the serveradmins to install support for XML and your script will certainly work. :)

(This was also covered in this thread http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20292 )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom