Kemor, We Barely Tolerated The Closing of the Forum, But Now RightNow is Closed?

K

Keri

Kemor, Some of us tolerated the closing of the official forum a bit better than others. However, it annoys me intensely that our only other avenue of complaint or getting help, i.e. RightNow is not available. GOA has successfully killed the players' only remaining source of help.

Kemor, please respond. Does GOA intend to remove all forms of customer support for players of DAoC?

Does anyone know an e-mail that players can send questions or legitimate complaints to? I am not one to rant against GOA, but do have a legitimate complaint about an offensive/degrading character name.:mad:

K

Keri

Since I just tried to send a question to RightNow.

O

old.Rohirrim

this makes me sick!!! we are paying for this game, are they purposly trying to creat unhappy custumers?
:upyours: GOA

K

Keri

Well, be patient .. let's give Kemor a chance to respond before this becomes another rant thread. Maybe the "Ask a Question" section of RightNow isn't working properly right now. I'm certainly not going to rant (if at all), before working hours tomorrow (Monday).

O

old.stroke

It's sunday night. I doubt Kemor will answer this tonight.
If it's broken it's probably being looked at by the 24h live team (if they have one. surely they must).

A name issue is hardly something that can't wait until tomorrow.

O

old.tRoG

i just tryed it and its working fine :)

( i had a prob with things disspaearing btw )

O

old.Glendower

Kemor wont answer I bet

What makes you think that after restricting access to the boards, and then killing them completely, that the illustrious Kemor will deign to come here and answer you?

D

Damini

I must say, I do miss the ingame support (patronising sods that they could sometimes be) that UO had to offer.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by tRoG
i just tryed it and its working fine :)

( i had a prob with things disspaearing btw )
PHEW! I though this was true because if it was.... I would put off quite a bit tbh.
Just hope that the service improves now that the "work" needed to maintain the forum can be put elsewhere to better use.
I was thinking that this could not be true :)

K

kemor

Hmmm, still having problem using RightNow?
Could give more details about the "problems" if any? :)

Remember that you have to check at least one FAQ before being able to "ask a question".

K

Keri

Thank you for the response Kemor :) , and here's an update. Apparently, what happened is that when I submitted my question, the following page was "unavailable", thereby not letting me know whether or not my question was, in fact, submitted. It appears that it was, but there is obviously an error somewhere that disables the page that should be displayed when cliicking on the "Submit" button (or whatever the text is on that button).

I appreciate the response, and my original post was in no way intended as a rant. I know you read this forum, and asking my question here was the best way to get an answer.

Thank you.:clap:

K

kemor

That happens sometimes but mostly because of the overall internet network. You can also experience this when simply browsing the net :)

You can check in "My stuff" | "Questions" to see if you have a ticket going and if your question really went through.

K

Keri

I received the standard e-mail response to my question. I shall wait to see whether or not the problem is solved ... the only other time I asked the same type of question, it wasn't.

D

Damini

As a general rule, with issues regarding racism/code of conduct, I think I am right in saying that whilst they investigate and or deal with the issue, you are not personally told the out come. I say this because because I had an incident in game with a character assuming I was Indian because of my character name and hurling racist abuse at me. I reported it, and was informed that it was not their policy to tell me what action they had taken.

K

Keri

The last time I complained about an unsuitable name, I got the standard reply saying they would "take the necessary action". 3-4 weeks later, the character still had the same name.

Z

Zargar

Unsuitable names

Changing reported names was one of the things that were extremely timeconsuming before, but which has been changed with the CS tool we got recently. Offensive names usually get changed within few hours of being reported now, depending on what time of day they are reported ofcourse.

K

Keri

Thank you Zargar. I hope that means I won't be seeing that "pleasant North American rodent well known for chewing trees and building dams" in the fair land of Hibernia any more.

Z

Zargar

If theres a guy or gal running around with an inapropriate name you have to report it through RightNow though. If we don't get a report about a name we most likely dont know about it, and thus dont change it.

I have seen many complaints that "This or that name is offensive and he/she has been around forever" on different boards, but if noone reports them then the problem wont reach us and in chain of events, wont get fixed.

The same is the case with "pleasant North American rodent well known for chewing trees and building dams" ;)

D

Damini

Originally posted by Keri
The last time I complained about an unsuitable name, I got the standard reply saying they would "take the necessary action". 3-4 weeks later, the character still had the same name.

But that doesn't necessarily imply inactivity; maybe just that they deemed the name was not offensive enough to warrant barring the character or any other such action. Innuendo and euphansisms do rely on people knowing what they imply for them to work :)

K

Keri

Ohhhhhhhh .. believe me, the English-speaking world knew what that particular word meant.

W

WPKenny

Originally posted by Keri
Thank you Zargar. I hope that means I won't be seeing that "pleasant North American rodent well known for chewing trees and building dams" in the fair land of Hibernia any more.

LOL!
Are you serious? Someone goes around calling themselves "Beaver" and you complain????

Get a grip please!!?! Mary Whitehouse would be proud!

Please tell me there's more to it than someone just calling themselves "Beaver"????

Keri, since your first post here you seem to be voting conservative with an miniscule c. Please, you're playing a game, and as such most people associate games with having a sense of FUN!

Lighten up and don't get so heavy. If you're mind interprets someone naming themselves after a woodland animal as "dirty" then you need to get out more. End of story. Please, give it a rest?

If it was more than just "Beaver", PM me the exact term and I'll apologise but until then I'll reserve judgment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom