Kemor, RE undocumented changes

G

-gama-

Before we were upgraded to patch 1.57, shaman's AE DoT was 4 ticks, at 5 seconds per tick. This was vastly below the values of the other AE DoTs in the game. I got really pissed off with the sub-par AE DoT and decided to respec to lower my cave spec from 46 (the level which the highest AE DoT i given), as AE DoT is the sole reason to spec cave that high.
Following the advice on respeccing, I thoroughly read patch notes for 1.55, 1.56, 1.57 and 1.58.
In NONE of these patch notes did it say the shaman AE DoT would be upgraded to 6 ticks, 4 secs per tick (the same as the cabalists and mentalists), it didnt mention any changes to the spell at all. So i respecced from 46 cave, 28 aug, 4 mend, to 41 cave, 32 aug, 14 mend. I was kind of disapointed by the dmg the lower value AE DoT did, but at least i wasnt wasting 72% of my spec points on a spell which was considerably less useful that the other realm equivalents.

Fast foward to today.

I hadn't really had a propper play on my shaman since the patch and SI, due to playing on my new li'll bonedancer etc, but I log her on, check the AE DoT out, and lo-and-behold 6 ticks, 4 secs per tick.

This was a completely undocumented change, which really pissed me off because I had respecced out of cave for the sole reason that this change was not coming, according to patch notes.

So Kemor, can you please either reverse my spec back to 46 cave, 28 aug, 4 mend, or give me a respec please.

Thanks

p.s. oh server=excalibur, realm=midgard, charname=Gama

M

mavericky

The change has been on the herald spell listing for months, but anyway, do you really think we would get a respec for the dot change when we didnt for end regen?

G

-gama-

Herald is known to be buggy, a bit ago several healer spells were missing etc, patch notes are a lot more accurate way of seeing what changes between now and such-and-such time

Also, I wouldn't call a 50% increase in damage per cast, to the one real reason to spec cave, a small change.

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by -gama-
Before we were upgraded to patch 1.57, shaman's AE DoT was 4 ticks, at 5 seconds per tick. This was vastly below the values of the other AE DoTs in the game. I got really pissed off with the sub-par AE DoT and decided to respec to lower my cave spec from 46 (the level which the highest AE DoT i given), as AE DoT is the sole reason to spec cave that high.
Following the advice on respeccing, I thoroughly read patch notes for 1.55, 1.56, 1.57 and 1.58.
In NONE of these patch notes did it say the shaman AE DoT would be upgraded to 6 ticks, 4 secs per tick (the same as the cabalists and mentalists), it didnt mention any changes to the spell at all. So i respecced from 46 cave, 28 aug, 4 mend, to 41 cave, 32 aug, 14 mend. I was kind of disapointed by the dmg the lower value AE DoT did, but at least i wasnt wasting 72% of my spec points on a spell which was considerably less useful that the other realm equivalents.

Fast foward to today.

I hadn't really had a propper play on my shaman since the patch and SI, due to playing on my new li'll bonedancer etc, but I log her on, check the AE DoT out, and lo-and-behold 6 ticks, 4 secs per tick.

This was a completely undocumented change, which really pissed me off because I had respecced out of cave for the sole reason that this change was not coming, according to patch notes.

So Kemor, can you please either reverse my spec back to 46 cave, 28 aug, 4 mend, or give me a respec please.

Thanks

p.s. oh server=excalibur, realm=midgard, charname=Gama

and posting this here will accomplish what?

use rightnow

V

Vorcyn

Firstly,

server=excalibur

Speak to Zargar, Kemor is for Prydwen.

Secondly, you've had plenty of chance in the time before the patch went live to research changes, so its obvious you didnt research thorougly enough.

Following the advice on respeccing

Get better advice next time.

If you think your the only one thats mucked up their spec due to mis-information, your wrong and you dont deserve a respec more than any other person.

So either, get over it and wait till we get respec stones from dragon etc
Or, continue moaning onto deaf ears.

Your choice.

A

Apathy

Hi Kemor,

I would like a respec too, thankyou.

Maybe an extra RR or two if you can.

a.

E

Elixir

ffs someone making a serious plea to goa to get their old spec back because of a change that was not documented and all some people can do is make sarcastic remarks about it.

If you dont have anything nice to say, please stfu :)

O

old.Xarr

we are euro players and shouldn't have to check out the herald (US) to be 100% sure about patch changes, but after reading this there's no way in hell i'll ever be able to trust the patch notes given to us by GOA.

O

old.Xarr

oh and as for gama she deserves a respec because this was a fuck-up from GOA's side.

O

old.Jable

i agree, if i respecced into something only to find that important changes werent specified, id want a respec.

i would feel that all my lvling time had been wasted, or at least treated with sod all respect by the company id been paying money to for the privelage.

rightnow is useless as far as im concerned. you get an automated response, then a message from someone who hasnt got any authority telling you that it isnt company policy.

goa should give us a phone number tbh, someone you can phone up and talk to that cant fob you off with days waiting for emails and then useless amils when you do get them.

i really dont understand this attitude of sticking up for goa and mythic when someonthing as obvious as this occurs. it at least warrents discussion, and maybe if someone else with the same char reads this and realises there is an error, it may save them screwing up their chars too.

IN OTHER WORDS, IT HELPS PEOPLE. no good sending everything to rightnow so goa can hide it and rpetend they are amazing with their limited once a week news b/s.

NOW WHERE IS THE SODDING REGISTRATION PAGE!!!!

M

Meatballs

Mythic havn't documented the change, and GOA use the mythic patchnotes, if you want to blame someone blame them. Oh and it could just be a bug in this version you might not meant to have it like that :p

Oh and good luck getting a respec cos it aint gonna happen :)

O

old.Jable

what a load of cobblers.

dont blame goa, blame mythic? ok then, its mythics fault. but goa as managers of mythics game are the ones to issue a respec if required, not mythic - so why complain to mythic? DUH

and flitting from spec to spec? if what you are using is gimped, so you switch to something else, only to find what you changed from is improved without your knowledge, allowing your original spec to actually play like you once desired, why not ask for a respec?

another case of someone desperate to tell someone who has a problem with mythic/goa that its their issue, not goa/mythic.

blind.

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by old.Xarr
we are euro players and shouldn't have to check out the herald (US) to be 100% sure about patch changes, but after reading this there's no way in hell i'll ever be able to trust the patch notes given to us by GOA.

We inevitably end up with the US versions so you should check the US patches you'd be pissed if you were a mincer and respecced without checking out the latest 1.60 notes and then find in 1.60 they dont give you a respec.

Also, if you did you'd know we get respec stones in 1.58, so if you really desperate you can work for one :p

O

old.Jable

another solution that that doesnt invlove goa. maybe you know something we dont, but if you arent an employee, then why are you sticking up for the company?

they hand out information that is incomplete, you make a decison based on that information and find out latr that the information is wrong.

in any other scenario goa/mythic would be liable.

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by old.Jable
what a load of cobblers.

dont blame goa, blame mythic? ok then, its mythics fault. but goa as managers of mythics game are the ones to issue a respec if required, not mythic - so why complain to mythic? DUH

and flitting from spec to spec? if what you are using is gimped, so you switch to something else, only to find what you changed from is improved without your knowledge, allowing your original spec to actually play like you once desired, why not ask for a respec?

another case of someone desperate to tell someone who has a problem with mythic/goa that its their issue, not goa/mythic.

blind.

i was still finishing my post :> anyway i did say blame mythic :eek:

>>and flitting from spec to spec? if what you are using is gimped, so you switch to something else, only to find what you changed from is improved without your knowledge, allowing your original spec to actually play like you once desired, why not ask for a respec?

its a roleplaying game, the "flitting" about from spec to spec doesn't fit with that. Oh and i removed that part from my original post a few secs ago because she wus still heavy cave so didn't really apply :)

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by old.Jable
they hand out information that is incomplete, you make a decison based on that information and find out latr that the information is wrong.

GOA don't have a spell listing and havn't handed out any wrongful information. Mythic have maybe left something out of one of their patchnotes (GOA have nothing to do with the gameplay changes), or it could be a bug in this current version.

Edit: oh and real time posting r scary! :m00:

O

old.Jable

but you dont disagree that as mythics representatives (or the people that are making the money from selling mythics game to us) then goa are the ones to offer respecs and sort out problems that we have?

G

Gog

Yes I agree it should be GOA to sort out (if they decide to) and not Mythic.

I've seen a lot posted recently about stuff being Mythic's fault and not GOA's (for example the patching to 1.60). However, the way I see it I am paying for a service from GOA, and it is they I will complain to if I find the service lacking.

If I went to fill my car up at the petrol station and the pump broke and covered me in petrol, I would look to the petrol station to compensate me for damage to clothing not the manafacturer of the pump. If they then want to get re-imbursement for the compensation then that is for them to sort out between themselves and the pump manafacturer (strange analogy I know, but the best I can come up with atm).

O

old.Jable

its a great analogy. its one thing complaining about the graphics engine (thats definately mythics department and goa can do little if nothing about it) and another complaining about subscriptions, bad information being given in patch notes, and other in game matters.

too many people read forums, need to disagree with something and write some crap about its mythic not goa, so go crawl under a rock and forget about it.

A

Apathy

How come people always resort to automobile analogies when it is OBVIOUS they are so dangerously retarded that they wouldn't be allowed anywhere near a car for fear of trying to make love to it?

Got a problem? Take it to either people who care so very much that they will do nothing but agree with you or take it to people who can actually do something about it.

BW is for zerg-whine only dammit.

a.

M

Meatballs

too many people read forums, need to disagree with something and write some crap about its mythic not goa, so go crawl under a rock and forget about it.

Shock horror that people EXPRESS their opinions on an open forum :rolleyes:

I disagreed it was GOA's fault as stated by

old.Xarr: oh and as for gama she deserves a respec because this was a fuck-up from GOA's side.

but you dont disagree that as mythics representatives (or the people that are making the money from selling mythics game to us) then goa are the ones to offer respecs and sort out problems that we have?

Yes GOA would be the ones to sort out the problems but GOA have given ample warnings about the respec, theres a page about it on rightnow, there was 2 or so news posts about it, the trainers warn you when you click on them.

If the world was a perfect place, you would probably have your respec, but then if you could get respecs by using RightNow, it'd just become swamped, and people would do it every few days when they grow tired of their new specs (which probably why Mythic implemented it via the dragon). :p Also mythics patchnotes would contain some proper nittygritty stuff, and their grabbags would give some code :)

S

Sarum TheBlack

Originally posted by Archeon
i have toothache :(

I'd send a report to RightNow, see if GOA can fix it. Flame them here if they say they can't.

The chances the GOA fully read the patch nodes Mythic send them, and validate them by doing their own testing on each and every class/spec combination? VERY low, should they be doing this? Not as far as I'm concerned, I'd rather they concentrate on catching up to Mythic with patches, resolving real problems sent to them in RightNow, and running events and the game servers. Patch note problems are Mythics fault, in exactly the same way game bugs and class imbalances are. And while I agree that GOA are your point of contact over this, and the people who would give you the respec, I very much doubt they will. With the dragon respec patch in the (potentially) near future, it's not the end of the world as we know it if they don't.

J

Jiggs

did u try respecing??

remember the week when they gave us unlimited respecs they reset everyone's number of respecs..

so if you respec before then you will have it back..

and i think you will just have to wait for dragon otherwise

S

Sarnat

My dog respecced my char! Can I get a respec? Or maybe two?

O

old.Glendower

Good luck in your quest for accountability.

lazy bastages at GOA couldnt even be arsed to make sure the changes that WERE announced worked properly! (RP for Rez, anyone?)

F

Flimgoblin

:rolleyes:

Yes it's GOAs fault that Mythic write crap patch notes....

Incase you haven't noticed the patch notes you get are the same as the US ones...

Go whine on VN about it.....

Yes it's GOA that would give you a respec if you were to get one - but whining on here won't help you. Try RightNow but I imagine the answer will be no.

S

Shike

say that he get a respecc due to stealthchanges...

how many people would call for a respecc then? If one get it due to a stealthchange, everyone else have to get it too, which of course would make it a pure hell for GoA to sort it.

This is the mainreason he probably wont get a respecc I believe. I aint saying whether he should get it or not, I just point out a possible problem.

C

[CT]Clone1

Originally posted by old.Gog
Yes I agree it should be GOA to sort out (if they decide to) and not Mythic.

I've seen a lot posted recently about stuff being Mythic's fault and not GOA's (for example the patching to 1.60). However, the way I see it I am paying for a service from GOA, and it is they I will complain to if I find the service lacking.

If I went to fill my car up at the petrol station and the pump broke and covered me in petrol, I would look to the petrol station to compensate me for damage to clothing not the manafacturer of the pump. If they then want to get re-imbursement for the compensation then that is for them to sort out between themselves and the pump manafacturer (strange analogy I know, but the best I can come up with atm).

Just to point out a couple of things...

In this instance I do agree that if a spec line has changed without documentation, then MAYBE a respec should be offered in return. BUT, at the end of the day, the choice to respec was YOURS regardless of the whys and wherefors of the respec. I do feel for you though. I specced y wizzy slightly wrong, only by a couple of points but now I'm gutted. Still, such is life.

Secondly, the GOA / Mythic thing.

Mythic MAKE THE GAME, GOA provide us with EU servers and translations, that's all. Any in-game fixes need to be done by MYTHIC, and lack of documentation regarding patches etc is down to MYTHIC, not GOA.

It's almost like playing Counter Strike, then blaming your ISP for something wrong with the game. All your ISP does it provide you access to the game. All GOA do is host the EU servers and run the games on them - effectively 'double-clicking' Camelot Server Europe in language <x> :D

They MAY be in a position to help you out, but in this instance and is generally the rule with MMORPG's, if you do for one you must do for all. That aint gonna happen. Had you have kept it off the forums you may have had more chance - MAY - because no-one would have know about it. GOA could never do this now because of the myriad of people complaining about "Well I want this" and "They want that" etc.

I feel for ya mate, I do, but know GOA's position and Mythics in all this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom