Kemor, is there an easy way to bypass login server now with ToA

Baduska

Fledgling Freddie
since servers obviusly cant handle RR's very well would be nice to be able to bypass login server, like you could before with loading game.dll with a propper syntax, that doesn't work now though, is there any other way?

i know you dont much approve of this cause it bypasses patching, but if your servers cant handle the load then should give us a way to bypass 'em

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
I don't know whether its just me, but since TOAm server stability (At least on Pydwen) has been, to put mildly been appalling.

Server crashes, horrible lag. Though to be fair, the lag the last couple of days has eased off alot.

I think that we should implement a new Relic Raid policy. If a realm manages to put 100 people in a frontier, then they get to take the relic unopposed. Since that way the server doesn't go pop ;)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
SkarIronfist said:
I don't know whether its just me, but since TOAm server stability (At least on Pydwen) has been, to put mildly been appalling.

Server crashes, horrible lag. Though to be fair, the lag the last couple of days has eased off alot.

I think that we should implement a new Relic Raid policy. If a realm manages to put 100 people in a frontier, then they get to take the relic unopposed. Since that way the server doesn't go pop ;)

pfft there was almost 100 mids in emain when the attack was announced on /as :p

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
yep i'll agree to that, can we have our relic raid now please :drink:

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Do alarm clock raids. Thats what all the cool people does. :twak:

Boogyman

Fledgling Freddie
Cba to explane, but ask Teren, he knows how to .. someting with cmd.exe :twak:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
bypassing the update server is technically breaking the CoC :) I doubt Kemor will post something to help you do that ;)

Edit: I assume you mean the update server yes?

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Please explain to me how bypassing the login-server will make you able to login ??

If you mean bypassing the update/patch-server that wont really help you get in if the login-server is down will it ?

You need to login to be able to choose your chars else when we started the game, or we would get a list of all accounts and just pick one to play ?

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
bypassing the update server is technically breaking the CoC :) I doubt Kemor will post something to help you do that ;)

Edit: I assume you mean the update server yes?
Yes, however if you connect to the server using another means and bypass it, and youre running 1.65 and the servers are say 1.67 they will reject your connection iirc.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Sharma said:
Yes, however if you connect to the server using another means and bypass it, and youre running 1.65 and the servers are say 1.67 they will reject your connection iirc.

you can probably modify(or plainly delete certain files) daoc abit without the login server noticing it and get some advantage out of it. However the patch server should prevent this from noticing that the files are missing/edited and replacing them. So by passing patch server might have a purpose (lawfully or not), but it wont help you with the account is already logged in problem (as other people have said you cant bypass the login server).

Teren

One of Freddy's beloved
time to explain this again:
  1. make a new folder in ...\si
  2. copy cmd.exe (form <windir>\system32) to that new folder
  3. rename the cmd.exe (in the new folder) to login.dll
  4. make a new bat file with: "@start login.dll" (without the quotes)
  5. launch the bat file, youll see a command promt, type "cd .." there, you will be in ...\si
  6. now do game.dll ....... as usual

hope that explained it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom