Keeps and Towers and claiming

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Whilst we have relics it's probably important to have our keeps and towers claimed and a decent level.

However high level keeps are bloody expensive - so, if you are short on GBP please try and stick to Towers that you can put at level 10 and be proud of and let a guild with more GBP than sense claim the keep :)

Another option is to put the keep to level 10 and then swap it to another guild when you run low.

I'm sure if people are polite and ask about trading things around then we can keep our realm secure and not piss anyone off and still allowing people to claim towers and a part of the frontier for their guild.

Snarks

Fledgling Freddie
Well the security of our Frontier has been breached. Mids currently hold Erasleigh and the relevant towers to port and also seem to be making an assault on Beno as well :(

Iridius

Fledgling Freddie
Well they did that apparantly when they got home from school, I was told that 120+ mids took Eras form CoZ somewhen between 3-4pm when nearly all of us were at work so that they could pharm us all evening...

:puke:

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
Iridius said:
Well they did that apparantly when they got home from school, I was told that 120+ mids took Eras form CoZ somewhen between 3-4pm when nearly all of us were at work so that they could pharm us all evening...

Please don't forget Killgorde's famous raid from history... He led Mids against Alb keeps every night for weeks. We got so used to him taking keeps each night, regular as clockwork, that we didn't respond when he finally went for the prize of the relic.

Current Mid raidleader copied this tactic for one of the last RR's in "old" frontiers (against Hibs).

It might be wise to expect a similar tactic again, only this time used against us instead of Hib...

What I'm trying to say is that we should never, ever assume that this is <yawn> another Alb-farm session <yawn>. Even if we do get farmed and farmed and farmed, it's important to go out and reclaim our keeps as strongly and as quickly as possible. PM some friends in other guilds or alliances. Start the defence rolling and the albzerg will come when the warmap lights up... :)

Because as soon as we lose the will to roll out the defence for our keeps, we may as well wave goodbye to those relics...

:(

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
well even us hib's r gonna order a mid alarm clock so we can get up 4 a relics raid in NF, since we dont have the number's to *cough* zerg *cough* the relics as our enemie's have :D so sleep tight :flame:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
thankfully it's harder to get to emain now when you're missing keeps ;) so people join in the retakes :) (and can get some RP for it too - nice fights at erasleigh tonight)

Kotrt were low on BP so they gave their keep to TP - that's the way it should be, working together etc.

Not ranting at each other for claiming keeps.

Iridius

Fledgling Freddie
Indeed - we have to work together - I was a little cheased last night when I got home from work to find our keep had fallen at the time it did having spent a much of the past week defending it - having a lot of fun too and perhaps staying up later than I should and falling a sleep at work over lunch ;-] to have it taken when there is no hope in hell that the limited numbers of albs on at that time could defend against the mid zerg.

But as said in another thread once we get organised we do very well, we might have a semi-gimped pbAoE class but who needs that to take a tower when you organise 20 trebs outside to smash the little SM inside so hard they don't know if they should scratch their watch or wined their ass...

We have been defending well and I think we are all getting to grips with NF, overall it allows more people access to RvR and we can only learn more and get better.

Fingo is right, working together is the key, I think over the years the Albs have been made so paranoid about zerging that they are reluctant to really pile on the numbers when we need them, tbh I don’t see that’s a problem *some* of the time when it is actually needed, but organisation in these cases is the key – it’s hard work to lead this number of people and the people need to listen to the leader or it will go horribly wrong… I am sure it will come together in time but until this is common practice we need to our individual part by: learning new things, learning to take lead when needed, to follow the lead when someone else is executing a good strategy but needs help, make sure cg/bg are organised and used, learn about siege equipment and make sure your always stocked up, being mindful that every one you see is a person behind a screen and to treat each other with respect, help them if they are unsure and most of all work together if it be claiming keeps/tower, defending relics or just to get to know each other and build bridges/friendships so in the future we can work closer and get more out of the game then we do now.

Sorry this has gotten rather long now but as soon as I finish I need to get on with work related things so this is preferable ;-]

Painbringer

Fledgling Freddie
i was there defending it and believe me all the albs there poured their blood, sweat and tears into defending that keep and we held them off for a long time but they were just too many, 3fg defenders vs 80+ possibly 100+ mids, i was surprised we held out as long as we did tbh. Without reinforcements there was no chance in keeping it, you should be proud of the albs that made the effort not angry with them imo. Don't get angry, get EVEN!!! DEATH TO THE MIDGARD SCUM!!!!!!! :drink:

Wiro

Fledgling Freddie
Iridius said:
..to smash the little SM inside so hard they don't know if they should scratch their watch or wined their ass...

Rofl :clap:

Iridius

Fledgling Freddie
Painbringer said:
i was there defending it and believe me all the albs there poured their blood, sweat and tears into defending that keep and we held them off for a long time but they were just too many, 3fg defenders vs 80+ possibly 100+ mids, i was surprised we held out as long as we did tbh. Without reinforcements there was no chance in keeping it, you should be proud of the albs that made the effort not angry with them imo. Don't get angry, get EVEN!!! DEATH TO THE MIDGARD SCUM!!!!!!! :drink:

I am sure you did a sterling job and thank you for trying to save the keep, if you had not they may have had time to take out more keeps before most players had got home from work.

See you out there soon :-]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom