Keep taking tips/ideas

Dharma

Fledgling Freddie
Some ideas and tips on how to take a Level 10 Keep with a moderate to heavy defence.

Remember this is about siege warfare and not keep assaults. OF tactics don't apply now. Siege warfare is long and drawn out affair.

Use chars with no ranged attackers to man the siege, stick some FOH here and there for them. Minst and pala can use there heal chant/song.

Never bother putting trebs on keeps or towers they do to little damage to enemy and siege, only ever put palintones on them imo.
Only ever fire bali on enemy siege, once that's all down then start to fire on chars and interrupt them. If you do damage to chars you still get RP.
Let the cata and trebs fire at towers and doors, fire at the doors only if its to well defended to get close enough to set up rams.
Watch your rear as a certain realm have decided on the tactic of attacking the attackers supply chain of chars headed to the battle and rear of the main attack. (Hibs)
Stick up Per Nodes near the trebs to stop stealthers killing the treb crews.

Take one of the close towers.
4-7 field Ballista
Siege ram
2-3 trebs
Some cata if needed.
Use the bail and cata on the oil and palintones.
Take out the palintone on the towers first as these will take out your siege quickly.
Take out the oil next.
If its well defended and the oil and palintones keep coming up then you need to smash the tower. Once the tower is smashed you can not build defensive siege on it.
Once there is no oil or palintone its just a matter of time and numbers before you take this.
Once inside put up FOP and FOH.
Keep killing the enemy and give them lots of res sickness then rush up and lay waste.

Onto the keep.
5-10 Bali
9-15 Trebs
Siege ram
Some cata.
Use 3 trebs on one section of the wall to punch a hole. Pref the bit of wall they can build a field bali on.
Use 3 trebs on each tower to smash them down a stop them building palintones that take out your siege.
Use the cata and bali on the palintones to take them out before they take out your siege.
Use you Soj minsts to ferry siege equip. Its what your Soj MLs are for. Personally during the Glen take the other day I brought 7 Trebs, 10 Bali and one ram. Getting there and putting up the siege then running off to get more. I normally carry 3 bali then if needed I get 2 trebs and if more is needed I rinse and repeat.

If the CK bastion is heavily defended and you have cleared them off the walls you need to smash the bastion so that they cant put up oil. Build the Ram, set up FOP and FOH and heal the ram crews, those storms are a bugger!

Those on the siege keep firing it if you are hitting peeps, it will interrupt the casters and dishearten the defenders.

Lastly if you buy siege for defence or attack its not your personal siege but belongs to your realm and you realm thanks you.

Personally I am a little pissed at the few that turn up late to a defence go up onto a keep tower where peeps are already there waiting for the timer to reset, buy a palintone .5 secs before the person waiting and claim it as theirs and then proceed to fire at chars. This sort of action only leads me to thinking they are working for the other realm that or they are idiots. Every char that can carry one field bali or treb without buffs should if they want to be of use in RvR these days.

That will do for now, no doubt other have some ideas but I am at work and bored and my boss is getting suspect of that I have typing here.

Have fun and play fare all. :touch:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Quick tip, putting greys and cloth casters who already have ranged attacks and die quick on siege equipment is pointless. Its far more productive to find out who the Warlords with Siegemaster ML abilities are, 30% faster arming and loading times will greatly increase the damage out put of that siege engine over its given life span and is well worth having.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom