Keep claiming rant

H

Herbal Remedy

After seeing yet another of our keep with lvl 1 doors and upgraded under lvl 5 im gonna rant

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD UPGRADE THE FRIKKEN KEEPS OR THERES NO POINT CLAIMING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if u cant afford running a lvl 10 keep dont claim if u do claim keep it at lvl 10 always and for the love of god atleast upgrade the doors to lvl 5 or 6 (not that expensive to do)

O

old.CrazyMuppet

And log your guild's highlevels inside the lord room to defend...

Although i think Mythic and GOA should first resolve the 14K BP loss bug...

J

jetsetminer

Here Here!

:clap: :clap:

Some rough figures:

upgrade from 1 to 5/6 with reparing each lvl to make a 100% condition door, using stacks of ironwood..

Lvl 5 door - 100g
Lvl 6 door - 250g

Not that expensive in the grand scheme of things, especially if the whole guild helps out. High level doors will mean you stand a chance of getting people there to defend - level 1 doors are just making your keep an easy target. 2fg could get in and kill your lord before you knew what was happening. When the guild I am in had a keep claimed it had lvl 7/8 doors :D

A

alithiel50

I'm usually the one doing the door upgrades, and I always go for at least level 5. The Lord in our keeps is always set for level 10....

Originally posted by old.CrazyMuppet
And log your guild's highlevels inside the lord room to defend...
If FC did this, we'd have no-one left online to receive warning that the keep was under attack! :rolleyes:

Usually if we claim a keep, it's a 'high profile' one that the enemy will come out to try and take back - and we'll usually be roaming the surrounding area until a significant number of them turn up to try and take it back, at which point we'll nip back in to defend. :D

K

kirennia

We always got lvl 10 keep and lvl 5 minimum doors :) E veryone should have this ideally, I agree with ya there

S

Shrye

Chill Herbbie, it's not like there's anymore relics to lose, in case you haven't noticed :p

K

kirennia

look at the date of his post, it was before the relics were taken wasnt it? Besides, it isnt in our interest to simply let them have every single one of our keeps

I

Ialkarn

Originally posted by Shrye
Chill Herbbie, it's not like there's anymore relics to lose, in case you haven't noticed :p

Ehm so?
you have 100 more reasons to have care about keeps.

S

stupidshady

well, we got lvl 10 keep, lvl 7 and 9 doors........so we are kinda safe there ;-)

K

Khalen

It's easy to get wood. Just salvage any stick, bow drops. For example I have around 413 Ebonwood lying in my vault. Don't sell it to merchant use it for doors :)

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Little use to claim a keep like our precious Alb merchant keep. HB has tried several times, and even with full speed from CS at the moment of warning, 6 fg of Hibs or Mids will have bashed through the lvl 10 doors, and ganked the lvl 10 keep.
Pretty annoying but true. If the keep is closer, you will have time to defend it.
But yes, claimed keeps should be lvl 10 and have upgraded doors.
Regards, Glottis

H

Hit ^_^

how much skill do u need to make a lvl10 door?
same as lvl1 doors?

O

old.Ramas

Doors 'go yellow' (though you never actually see the colour) for repair and constrution at 50 x [door lvl] skill in woodworking.

As with all crafting higher skill means less chance to fail etc etc.

Get to 500 woodworking and you will have no problems.

F

fl_gorre

the problem after claiming a keep for most guilds is that "somebody" outta get a grp together and run for some wood
along with a decent woodcrafter

a great alternative for our higher woodworkers is to always carry a couple of DF diamond flutes
after salvaging they return enuff wood to upgrade both doors to lvl5-6 as i remember
(this takes 700ww thoo correct me if im wrong)
doing the upgrade on ironwood takes loads of weight to be carried
and lets face it most of us are kinda lasy

btw lets make one thing straight once and for all
cant stress it enuff :
do one upgrade at a time AND THEN REPAIR!!!!! or u will lose loads of wood repairing 40%hp lvl6doors
it might seem the door is at full hp after an upgrade but click somewhere on teh ground and reclick on the door ull see , a door looses 10%hp each upgrade
and the higher ur doorlvl teh moor wood is required to do the same 7% hp repair

/upgrade 2
/repair
/repair
/upgrade 3
/repair
/repair
blabla :)

Users who are viewing this thread