Keane Vs Viera

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Viera is a muppet. Gary Neville is a nice fella, not the sort of person to start shit like that.

supersaint

Can't get enough of FH
Why Keane flipped.

PATRICK VIEIRA almost caused a tunnel punch-up when he stuck his forehead right in Gary Neville’s face.

Arsenal’s skipper had already chased Neville down the Highbury tunnel after the pre-match warm-up to have a go at him.

Then, as both teams emerged from their dressing rooms, Vieira went straight up to the Manchester United full-back, stared at him and put his forehead within inches of his rival’s.

Vieira said to Neville: “Are you going to kick us again?”

The incident ignited an already angry Roy Keane, who had heard about his team-mate being intimidated earlier.

United’s captain went straight for the Frenchman and rapped: “Pick on someone your own size. Are you going to have a go at me then?”

Stewards had to intervene to stop the situation escalating into a full-blown ruck.

Following his confrontation with Keane, Vieira immediately went off down the tunnel to the front of the Arsenal line.

But the no-nonsense Irishman followed him and began pointing and shouting at his fellow midfielder, firing off a string of expletives.

Keane shouted: “I’ll see you out there.” Then he pointed to the pitch.

It was at that moment referee Graham Poll calmed down the situation between the pair of them.

The FA announced yesterday they would not be holding any inquiry into the tunnel incidents.

Yet the rows served only to rev up the United players.

Neville said: “Things like that make you think they are not focused on the match. When you have incidents in the warm-up and before the game, it just gives you a spur.

“You’d need to ask their players what happened in the tunnel. But there were no disagreements from our players. We were quite controlled and looking forward to the game.

“But Roy Keane is not a liar. There were a couple of things that went on that were disappointing, especially from players of that calibre.”

Neville believes Vieira’s behaviour led to a ‘horrible’ first half, with both sides looking to settle scores.

He added: “It was a horrible first half. It wasn’t an enjoyable game to play in and the atmosphere was not good. There’s no way that should happen in a football match.

“This is a tough sport and we’ve been in it for a long time, so nothing should surprise you in football.

“But you talk about spirit and I think we showed out on the pitch exactly what spirit is all about.”

Keane had refused to shake hands with Vieira both when the two teams lined up before the game and at the coin toss in the middle of the pitch.

He said: “When people try to intimidate my team-mates, I can’t have that.

“They think Gary Neville is an easy target and I’m not having that.”

Neville had initially been confronted by Vieira after running from the pitch following that pre-match warm-up.

Vieira saw him departing and went straight after him, shouting: “Let’s see if you’re going to kick everyone at Highbury tonight like you did at Old Trafford.”

The Frenchman was referring to the first meeting between the two clubs at Old Trafford last October, when United were accused of kicking their opponents off the park.

Neville got stuck into Jose Reyes with some heavy challenges and United went on to win 2-0, ending Arsenal’s 49-game unbeaten run.

Marc

FH is my second home
Johnny Vegas nicked teh ball from scully and kicked a sweet 40 yard kick to touch from a penatly. Kicked high up over the "scaff". Reminiscant, of Tommy "disco" Martyn :D

Yardoa

Fledgling Freddie
im still lmao when i see that tunnel incident.

the faces on bergkamp, cygan were of fear when keane was putting the prick viera in his place!

Turamber

Part of the furniture
What a load of childish nonsense, football is truly going to the dogs. Surprised Spokesman Neville didn't call the Man Yoo players out on strike.

Tenko

Fledgling Freddie
I laughed my fucking bollox off!

Was just the icing on the cake with Christian "Cousin-fucker"* Ronaldo shushing the crowd after his goal, the look on John OShea's face when he chipped his goal,

Oh and the score of course ;)

*Thats just what he's called in our familly.

nakkiel

Fledgling Freddie
lol sulky viera looks like hes gonna cry until he gets his back rubbed by bergtwat

and even nicer were all the cockney faces behind the goal as big john chipped the keeper :clap:

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
supersaint said:
Without the *BLEEPS*

***NSFW***

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Un-edited Tunnel

Look at Gary Neville's face right at the end of the clip shaking Viera's hand.LOL

EDIT:clip took a while to play for me.

Oooh, he's put his scary eyes in :) Great clip - Viera looked like he was going to cack himself as he escaped from Keano, difficult for a black guy to look pale, but he managed it :)

Gray

FH is my second home
Now if only we had Viera, Keane, Duncan Ferguson and Paul Ince in a ring at the same time having a huge fight, with Beckham as the referree (who gets hit accidentally)

Would buy that.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Roll on UEFA's revisions to European competition rules. Fancy English teams actually having to field English players?! Amazing but true -- thank god we'll be rid of the hegemony of overpaid foreign mercenaries. Will be good for the lower league teams as well because there will actually be a market for their players. Win win situation.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
hope that wont mean, irish,welsh,scottish players = forgin again. that was big handicap for english teams in europe.

how comes we cant save that tunnel bust file, its a classic

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
UEFA's rule is illegal, it won't stand up against European employment laws.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Ch3tan said:
UEFA's rule is illegal, it won't stand up against European employment laws.

Is that strictly true? I mean sport already has special exclusions (women can't play mens football etc), so perhaps this falls under the same category?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Tom said:
I'd put my money on Ferguson.

Aye, Keane 's all mouth and Viera is a twat. Kind of an Arsenal Fan as I was born there unlike 99.99% of the Man Utd fans ;) . FOTDecade supporters. Guess it will be Chelsea for then 10.

Neville is one of the biggest girls loves dishing it out but can't take it. :twak:

Football is just full of childish overpaid girls. A tap on the ankle and you'd think a bloody mortor had hit em. They need to cut the antic out of the game before its ruined forever. Start charging players who fake injury or dive in the box with no contact. Enough video evidence to back it up. Clean the game up a bit.

Gonna be watching some proper sportmen tonight, 6 Nations. Cmon ENGLAND!

supersaint

Can't get enough of FH
Yaka said:
hope that wont mean, irish,welsh,scottish players = forgin again. that was big handicap for english teams in europe.

Taken from another forum:

Uefa has announced clubs competing in the Champions League and Uefa Cup will have to include four homegrown players in their 25-man squad from 2006.

Europe's governing body also wants to implement the plan in domestic leagues but that will have to be agreed by each national association.

Uefa then wants six homegrown players by 2007 and eight in 2008.

Of the eight, at least four must be trained by the club's own academy and the rest in the home country.

Uefa defines a club-trained player as one who has been registered for a minimum of three seasons with the club between the age of 15 and 21.

Of the 32 sides in last season's Champions League, five clubs would have not had enough homegrown players.

They are: Arsenal, Chelsea, Celtic, Rangers and Ajax.

Uefa's 52 member associations will vote on whether the same rule should apply to domestic competitions at a Congress in Tallinn, Estonia in April.

There has already been strong opposition voiced by the Premier League and the Italian federation.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Insisting on increasing home players is going to RUIN football.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Not at all, hopefully it will save football from being part of chav culture as it is increasingly becoming.

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
I am not sure about the foreign rule.. I don't really mind it.. but the real thing they need to stop is teams buying players for 30m or more and winning that way.

They really need to stop the sport becoming completely money obsessed where you buy teams to win. I don't want the premiership to turn into the primera :p

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Best way of doing that Skyler is to make the Champions League a league for Champions, and not the top 3 places.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Tom said:
Best way of doing that Skyler is to make the Champions League a league for Champions, and not the top 3 places.

Yeah, and when that team gets to the champions league with their english only players what's going to happen?

If we want English football to fail and to only work nationally, then we should scrap foreigners. If we want English football to keep pushing at being the best in the world and with proper money coming in, these foreigners which are "ruining" the game are essential.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The UEFA rule says four homegrown players, not four players born in the country. All they want is for four players that have been with the club through the clubs own academy, whatever nationality they are. However for a lot of clubs this isn't going to happen overnight, and its a pointless rule. There is nothing wrong with having a team of many nationalities. If the English players were good enough they would be in the teams.

DaveyJones

Fledgling Freddie
Swift^ said:
Yeah, and when that team gets to the champions league with their english only players what's going to happen?

If we want English football to fail and to only work nationally, then we should scrap foreigners. If we want English football to keep pushing at being the best in the world and with proper money coming in, these foreigners which are "ruining" the game are essential.

and thats why British national teams are always going to be second rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom