KEA CS:Source Server

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Yes there is one for this greatest of all games since... well.... counter-strike, and its IP is 217.65.149.4:27016
See you there chaps I hope :)

Ono

Part of the furniture
Yay!

I'll be there when I can.

Just came off a an unmoderated public and the TKing was a joke!

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
I've been holding off on getting CS:Source till I could buy the full HL2 game, however having been hanging around on steam for a couple of nights waiting for someone to go on the old CS server with no luck i have bitten the bullet and bought HL2 Silver.

Source is d/l ing as I type.

Of course my XP2000+ and GeForce 4400ti won't be able to play the bloody thing but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. After all our dear old Dolly used to play CS in hardware mode at 640x480 didn't he?

Ah well hopefuilly see you soon

RB

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Your system will play it no worries at all RB. I do have a faster processor but I only have 512 ram and a poxy Geforce 4mx now. It runs smooth as silk on mine.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Be warned however, we are having some small rcon problems at the moment, hopefully soon to be resolved though.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Well it's all loaded and I've just set all the controls and video settings.

I did turn down a few that from what it suggested but I'll go and see what it looks like. I did up the res to 1280x960 though as that is my desktop and it saves other problems.

At this setting I ran the stress test. Does this run at all the setting that you put in or at defaults? After all the horror stories on here I was fearing the worst but was very pleasantly surprised to see 64.33 fps :)

I was worried that everyone I saw in te test was a white silhouette though is that right?

See you on the server then

RB

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
Rubber Bullets said:
At this setting I ran the stress test. Does this run at all the setting that you put in or at defaults? After all the horror stories on here I was fearing the worst but was very pleasantly surprised to see 64.33 fps :)

RB

AFAIK your actual in-game FPS will be lower than that which returns from the benchmark, although I dont know by how much :(

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
My fps stress test was about 70 which is decent - but in some firefights it drops to a crippling 15 :(

Said firefights inclue lots of explosions and stuff :p

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Mine is stress test is about mid-nineties, and most of the time it seems ok capped at 60 and actually hovering between 50 and 60, though occasionally it does dip below. Particularly on Chateau, where 2 grenades going off simutaneously appears to just about stop any server dead :(
Once rcon is sorted im going to get rid of that map tbh. :)

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Was never impressed much by Chateau, last night I played Havana source. Looked nicer but I still hate it :)

What do I know though? I like Piranesi.

So far I am impressed with CS:S though, it'd have been good to see a few KEA on the server last night, but I'll try again tonight.

RB

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Its all a bit different, cbble and piranesi play much better on source than they did on 1.6 imo.
I REALLY miss not have train and inferno though :/

Salteh

Fledgling Freddie
:eek:
I've seen Throddeh on a server tonight - hiho!
The game is quite cute, let's hope it stays cute and fluffy like a pie! :m00:

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Are you sure you were playing Throddeh at CS:S and some other game? Involving webcams and balaclava's perhaps...?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Fs Ch3tan that was supposed to be between just you and me ! :eek:

Lo Salteh, yeah nice to see you, sorry if I was a bit grumpy on that server, for the first time ever CSS was irritating me a bit. Dunno if it was just that server, but the amount of times people ran round each other up close and fired complete clips without giving or taking any damage gave me the ump :/ I know its said this is just cs ported to a new engine, but the players seem to run much faster , and theres far far more jumping and rushing.

Bah, I do hope Im not turning into one of them omg-reg nob ends ... :)

Salteh

Fledgling Freddie
I didn't really notice much of the grumpiness(?), everyone can be grumpeh sometime : o :eek: : o

Only started playing CS:S a few days ago but I usually just ignore whatever other people say.. unless I've seen the name before :p
The guy.. "zaido" iirc... who decided not to plant the bomb.. was kind of silly :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Heh yeah that was a bit odd ... :)
Btw all, we now have rcon sorted, Chateau will soon be removed, all will be good :)

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
Annnyway, some steam expert can help me out here. I've just bought half-life original yet again, this time so Dan can play CS on his PC and steam says that the number's already registered. FAQ says email sierra with a fucking jpeg of the game, receipt and cd key and wait for up to two weeks for a reply - what a joke. Any ideas for a short cut through this farago?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Not that Im aware of m8, and you're not the first to have this happen either.
Its a far easier idea simply to buy it off Steam :(

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
You can't now - it's half-life 2 for 50 clams. That's why I'm pissed of.

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
And another thing - why does it wait for you to want to join a server before deciding to download 10 minutes worth of game files. fs.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Take it back, this has happened before with cd keys. Or delete the blob file in Steam folder. Try that.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
You can see it in "browse games" m8, and download it from there.

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
throd, that just links you to half life 2 - including half life source, cs and all that malarkey. Can't buy it on it's own.

I'll take it back and just fume meekly.

leggy

Probably Scottish
throdgrain said:
Fs Ch3tan that was supposed to be between just you and me ! :eek:

Lo Salteh, yeah nice to see you, sorry if I was a bit grumpy on that server, for the first time ever CSS was irritating me a bit. Dunno if it was just that server, but the amount of times people ran round each other up close and fired complete clips without giving or taking any damage gave me the ump :/ I know its said this is just cs ported to a new engine, but the players seem to run much faster , and theres far far more jumping and rushing.

Bah, I do hope Im not turning into one of them omg-reg nob ends ... :)

OMGZ GET RAETS!

wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom