Just saw...

O

oblivion_6

would probs make sense if the games developers started accepting this and created their own auction site so they could take some percentage

C

Cronn

Why not go one step furthur and allow the players of your game to purchase items, characters and property directly from you.

It's all very very stupid and anyone who even thinks about buying virtual goods has obvious mental issues.

O

oblivion_6

there was this one game i remember b4 dunno if it took of where you did actually pay for things of the developers

its not so much the goods i think that people should charge for just the time getting them

you know mythic/goa/ncsoft/soe would all do it if they thought they could get away with it

C

cadiva

Originally posted by Cronn
Why not go one step furthur and allow the players of your game to purchase items, characters and property directly from you.

That happens in an online MUD called Achaea and the guy who owns the game makes a massive amount of money each month.

There will always be people willing to pay in real hard cash for something unique or very rare in a game, at the end of the day you've invested a lot of time and effort into a character and they are an extension of your personality so I figure that's what drives some people to buy virtual goods with real money - still it completely baffles me ;)

R

Rollie

ive made close to £2500 from selling my UO stuff over the 4 years i played, a healthy return on my fun time in UO :D

and yes you can make a living quite easy in UO, the good thing with UO is there are always people willing to pay money for items/gold. :)

One guy on the US UO servers xanthar of Atlantic server has around 32 active accounts and 13 PC's dedicated to UO, i know he makes bucketloads from UO.

Users who are viewing this thread