Just re-activated after 3 years!

Sugarape

Fledgling Freddie
As the title says, logged in this morning and noticed GOA seem to have given me Prydwen as my own private server, which is nice of them. It's a bit lonely though.

Anybody care to invite me into the fold? I've got a 50 VW on Pryd and a 50 Mincer on Excal (Although I realise the server distinction is a bit pointless now I'm reinforcing my old-school credentials.). Given the choice I'd rather play the VW. On the other hand I could be persuaded to start something completely new if required.

All my characters are fully templated with the finest items the Darkness Fall's merchants offer so you won't have to worry about me mooching gear.

Also my mincer is a mighty RR3 so if you need anyone to teach you the ropes in RvR, give you some tips, just let me know. Like for example; "having some resists on your gear can really help" - that one's a freebie.

I'd be glad of some friendly company in game. As you can probably tell I'm a pretty hardcore gamer (lvl50 in 231 days /played).

I cancelled in disgust last time after someone hacked my right-now account and stole all my questions. GOA refused to do anything as usual :rolleyes:

Anyway if anyone wants to get together for to make sexy fun times in game let me know.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Aw, how admirable :(

I'm afraid that you've entered 'The Void' tho.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
im really not 100% sure if this is a piss take or not :p

Of course its a piss take. It was just about believable up until he started talking about RvR. The game is 5 years old, he claims to have been gone for 3 years yet has /231 days played...

Sugarape

Fledgling Freddie
Whoops, no it's not a piss-take. I did just re-activate after a 3 year hiatus and I am looking to hook-up with other players. The 231 days /played was a piss-take granted and some other bits maybe. ;)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Can you speak German?

If no roll US servers, if yes roll Avalon!

So much has changed and been added in the last 3 years that you can probably start completely from scratch and have better chars than you do now in about 2 weeks if you play for a few hours each night.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
woot, Nathan Barley plays daoc :p you read it here first

*runs off to be offended by Ape*

- English -

Resident Freddy
your brave for restarting.. tip: watch out for eruptare , rumor has it he crossrealms :ninja:

Sugarape

Fledgling Freddie
Wouldn't playing on US servers mean I would have to re-buy the game + expacs? twice really for buffbot as well.

I do speak a little german but it's pretty bad lol. I suppose playing on a german server is a good way to improve it though! Plus on a german server I could /level to 20. Takes a bit of the sting out of re-starting.

Thanks for the replies.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Plenty of English chatting guilds on the german cluster aswell, only thing that might just annoy you is the constant 'HUHU' which seems to some sort of alien
nazi-like
(lol, the phun!) greeting that these German players come up with.

:p

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Wouldn't playing on US servers mean I would have to re-buy the game + expacs? twice really for buffbot as well.

I do speak a little german but it's pretty bad lol. I suppose playing on a german server is a good way to improve it though! Plus on a german server I could /level to 20. Takes a bit of the sting out of re-starting.

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah going US means you would have to buy the game again and resubscribe so thats not great.

As previously said there are english speaking alliances on all 3 realms on Avalon. I am sure you can find a guild whatever realm you choose. If you have a buffbot you can level really fast and there will be lots of people around to help you get all the good items etc.

Sugarape

Fledgling Freddie
woot, Nathan Barley plays daoc :p you read it here first

*runs off to be offended by Ape*

That's well Michael Jackson.

I just bought the US version so I guess I'll play there. I know some people who play on Mordred. Thanks for the help guys, appreciated. If I get pissed off with that then I may have to try and get my tongue around some german. (His name's Klaus).

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
Welcome back to Dyvet! :) Don't listen to the guys above none of them are playing on our server anymore, they just like to come here and whine about how they miss their old chars on pryd/excal ;)

Gamah

Banned
Welcome back to Dyvet! :) Don't listen to the guys above none of them are playing on our server anymore, they just like to come here and whine about how they miss their old chars on pryd/excal ;)

Don't listen to the guys above about the dead server as none of them play any more.

Sweet Irony :D

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Anyone actually able to help this guy?

Not sure what alb guilds may be recruiting for the mincer, or what hib guilds are actively recruiting. Being mercenary, you wanna get into a pve guild/mixed guild to sort out all that gear. If it were me, i'd just check the stats and see what the top guilds are activity wise, get in game and chat them up.

Good to see you anyhow, unlike those guys above, i'll give you the chance to make up your own mind about Duvet before turning you off it before you start.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I'd sooner re-activate pubity rather than play DAOC again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom