just played vanu on some yank server and....

M

mid_Efour

my god your AA max is absolutey CRAP

i feel for you guys i really do at least TR have strikers but my god its pants out of 25 planes i aimed at i killed maybe 2 or 3 and they where the really cheeky low flying one.

bosst vanu AA max imho

M

medowind

The lancer is your friend

Then er you loot TR and NC weps ;p

S

Sarum TheBlack

Oooh, somebody noticed!!

You think you could pass this enlightenment on to SOE? :p

S

Stonebits

NC MAX AA is crap as well imho....

Just fire and forget rockets..... god knows how you are supposed to hit a moving plane with that......

unless i am missing something....... (which I may be, played for over an hour last night with an Infilitration suit and wondered why i kept on Dying.... then i worked out you had to press the k key to cloak :clap: )

F

Faeldawn

AA MAX's are 2 cert points, what do you expect :)

B

bone_idle

NC AA MAX scares the crap out of me. As soon as it locks, Im off.

If its not the damage it does its the bloody loud bangs as it hits my Reaver. ;)

G

Gewny

the terran AA MAX is so ubah :)

If I get time to anchor (the reaver is looking other way) I usually have him on the ground before he even gets time to think "afterburner" :D

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by Stonebits
unless i am missing something....... (which I may be, played for over an hour last night with an Infilitration suit and wondered why i kept on Dying.... then i worked out you had to press the k key to cloak :clap: )

LOL I do that and I've played an infil since the start with Nova...

Happened the other day.. crouched in CC with DL on waiting for infils then wondered why someone ran in and shot me - someone else kindly pointed out that I needed to cloak (nicely, tho) and I then did, but not before someone else called me an idiot :(

Easy to do tho, I find. Specially if you don't cloak the MINUTE you put the armour on :p

B

Big-G-

Originally posted by Stonebits
NC MAX AA is crap as well imho....

Just fire and forget rockets..... god knows how you are supposed to hit a moving plane with that......

yea.. NC AA MAX's have lockon effect so not just dumbfire mode :>

O

old.Trine Aquavit

NC AA MAX has a lock-on for AA, like the striker. It only locks onto AA targets, though (unlike the striker), but the missiles have better range.

The trick with the NC AA MAX is to start firing before you get lock on, and then keep firing. Most stuff flying low will be in trouble.

S

Stonebits

Ok dumb question how do you lock on??

Is it a case of keep the target in the sights?

If so how do you know when you are locked on?

T

The_Sheriff

Just kidding....

For NC maxes, you climb on top of them and try not to fall off. Or you could dress up as a hooker and flash some flesh until they descend.
For VS maxes, you fly up in front of them and hope they dont see your wobbly bits floating towards them on the breeze.
For TR maxes, you give them a dirty look and they explode.

Actually I thought it was TR maxes that could lock on and no-one else.
You get your sights over them and they turn red, then you can fire.
Someone mentioned that you can fire some missiles and then get a lock (the missiles home in you see).
TR AA maxes are the best by far.

G

Gekul

TR AA MAX is like the skyguard, which I wasn't really impressed with. But then they have the striker, so a TR AA MAX would have to be overpowered to make it worth it for the Terrans.
NC have the best AA MAX, but the Phoenix isn't any good against aircraft.
The best AA VS have is, erm, a Magrider with a gunner? VS lacking when it comes to anti-air unfortunately.

F

Faeldawn

It's a shame that there isnt a dedicated AA infantry weapon, i know the striker is good, but the Phoenix is hopeless vs aircraft, 1 hit, the plane hits afterburn and flys off before you can reload.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom