Just me whining again ;P

A

arladon

Alright, today my lvl 12 Armsman(3 bubs left for 13) asked a lvl 15 group leader; "Hiya need a lvl 12 armsman? Soon 13..." He responded; "Sorry to low". Now that really pisses me off. I remember when in Midgard. Me and 6 other lvl 17's had whit us a lvl 11 Healer in Askheim. I did not get capped and I that was 6 lvl's diff. This time it was 2(3). I did respond pretty noobish saying "Yeah friggin right. I'll remember this f00khead". But today I had a REALLY bad day both in RL(That thing better then Windows(not Linux)) and in DAoC.

So people: 2-3 lvls wont capp you!

D

danskmacabre

I think as long as there's no greater range than 5 lvl's, you won't get capped.
And I THOUGHT that only the low lvl guy would get capped anyway.

G

Garaen

I find at earlier levels people like to group with people within 1 or 2 levels of themselves, and only at later levels does the level variance increase. A 3 level difference at low levels means the higher level cons purple, and you grey/green (i think)

S

Sarnat

The exp penalty kicks in around 25% of level I guess. So L15 can group with L13 without penalty. However, maybe the group felt that they need a bigger punch and that you'd be rather a decrease in the group effiency than increase.

Look mate, it's their group, and if they don't want you, they're not forced to take you.

Live with it.

O

old.Tzeentch

Xp 'penalties' only apply to higher members of the group.
As long as the target is of a challenge to the higher levels in the group, everyone will receive appropiate xp.

Simple example - if you are level 45, and group with a level 5, and you solo an orange, the level 5 will gain the same xp as he would normally gain for killing an orange.

Also, where it is acceptable for a lower level support class to join higher level groups, there is little point in letting a lower level damage dealer, or tank, join, since they cannot heal, buff etc, which a support class can do, regardless of level.

A

arladon

Aye`I guess that's all true.. Just had to post it hehe... Feels su unfair and stuff but hey. People are bastards ;)

F

Flimgoblin

It won't hurt your or their xp (except cutting it by one more part)

however a tank 3 levels down ain't gonna be much use other than a druid-mana-leech or for biting the dust :)

At level 30 it'll not be much difference.. but the difference between 12 and 15 is really quite big.

P

PJS

"Simple example - if you are level 45, and group with a level 5, and you solo an orange, the level 5 will gain the same xp as he would normally gain for killing an orange."

but divided by two of course, and the other X million that another 45 grouping would have got disappears into the void :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom