Just got my US version and....

P

[PS]Fool

Man is there box,map and manual better than the euro one!

B

Brannor McThife

Actually. The box is annoyingly big. The map is the same just bigger. Got a stupid poster (for those kiddies out there) and the manual is outdated.

Next. ;)

-G

P

[PS]Fool

But the manual.......its so much easyer to read for my poor eyes....

P

[PS]Fool

Oh and the box has a cool flip-out bit at the front :p

D

danskmacabre

When I first bought DAOC, the shop I bought it from here in Denmark sold me the US version, which was a pain, since I bought DAOC so I could play it with some of my friends in the UK.

Anyway, after a few complaints to the shop head office, I finally managed to swap it for a Euro version.

Regarding the manual, yes, it is out of date, and I haven't picked it up and read it since I read it the first time, it is outdated (both versions) now, what with the many patches and changes.
The online info is the only place to get any useful information..

The bigger map was nice tho...but not really a great loos TBH, as there's plenty of much better maps online available..

The poster was crap, and a waste of space and was no loss to me at all.

D

danskmacabre

And the Euro version comes in a more convenient small plastic case which I can stack easily on my shelf...
I think these are much better than the annoying large cardboard box which easily falls apart.

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

I met quite a lot over 2 months on the US servers and all but one US player I've met have had a severe lack of imagination and fun. Enjoying the connection stability and most recent patches is easy, enjoying the mentality may not be so.

D

danskmacabre

Regarding the playing style on the US servers.
Well, I only played a bard on a Hib server to 5th level.

I didn't really notice much difference TBH...except there were more people on it.

But maybe I would have picked up more differences, had I played longer.

O

old.LandShark

no matter how bad euro forums may sometimes seem to get, they are NEVER as bad as many american ones are. The VNboard posters may have a lot more to complain about, what with constant class changes, new patches introducing new bugs, etc etc etc... but the general maturity i think is a hell of a lot lower.

/proud to be euro =p

O

old.Balth

I thought also yay bigger box biggers stuff inside :clap:
But then again... the CD-KEY was allready in use.
And that was the last copy of the US version in Holland :(

F

Flimgoblin

eww

Heh :) reminds me of some sketch I saw (was it sluggy? can't remember) where they get the game in and go 'ooh big box, reassuringly heavy!'

turns out it had the cd, a small piece of paper with the instructions for installing and a brick ;)

I prefer the DVD boxes, I can actually keep them now :p rather than throwing them away for lack of space

O

old.Prof

Most serious posters avoid VN boards (though I sometimes post on it *ahem*), leaving it only populated with trolls and AO fanboys (well there seem to be a lot of 'em lately) + some DAoC fanboys who seem to see it as a holy mission to defend "their" game against the hordes of barbaric forum trolls.

The Catacombs forums give a much better idea of the USA DAoC community, and most ppl there are actually playing the game (and mostly enjoying it).

A

Ardwan

The Euro version was better due to the fact that it gave me something to do on the bus ride home while I went through the manual picking out all the mistakes.

D

dittytwo

Just like to point this out

America is just one big test ground to iron out all the bugs for the european servers

hey if you want to go to a buggy test bed then feel free
I would prefer the non buggy european servers

As for connection well worldcom.com is about to go tits up so you can expect the other half of the trans-atlantic link to be turned off so everyone will be in the same boat...

Pust on his new McLaren engineers suit (fireproof spaceage material just right for the flames):flame: :flame: :flame:

still :wub: you all :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom