Just got my disks....epic fail.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
That would be a major monumental fail that would blight the euro side of the game, they best get an emergency patch ready for tomorrow asap!

I heard tickets have been raised on this (no one mentioned any answers) so hopefully they are working on something.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Last rumour I heard was the patcher only lets you patch 500 megs and since the retail version is such an old closed beta version its more like 800 megs and tells you to piss off :)

logoth

Fledgling Freddie
NOW THEY POSTED IT... cmon guys, heads up would save so much trouble.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
le sigh

I don't even know where to begin.

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
simple solution: GOA just remove the size limit on the patcher and let it work like the DAoC one where you could just download the full game using the patcher :)

Dredge

Fledgling Freddie
Er, if anyone read the news on eu.war, they say retail copies/installs wont be able to be patched til tomorrow anyway.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Er, if anyone read the news on eu.war, they say retail copies/installs wont be able to be patched til tomorrow anyway.

Errr if you read the date and time of these posts you would see these were posted before Mythic did.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Someone flipped a switch, it appears the retail client can now be patched.... only 800 mbs to go.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Where is the announcement about the patcher restrictions being lifted?

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Problem resolved *Updated*

As of yesterday evening, this issue has been resolved. Pardon the outdated status I shared with you earlier this morning.

The cause of this issue was a patch download cap. This is put in place as a means to avoid situations where people would basically patch the full game and strain our patch servers more than necessary rather than download it from our download servers. What now happened was that the size of the DVD client subtracted from the current WAR build breached the limit set on our patcher. Once we had identified the cause of this issue, solving it was a matter of adjusting the amount of data the patcher is allowed to patch to be higher than the difference between the retail build and the current build.

We will naturally keep an eye on this henceforth.

-Magnus

MaxxPower

Fledgling Freddie
So any confirmation on whether or not installing from the disks does put the Cinematics in place?

pez

Can't get enough of FH
It does but you then have an 800mb download.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom