Just downloaded korts and...

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Adlatus Hellbringer said:
I use the paid for version ... mmk thanks

Can you pm me the URL you are getting it from, and I'll check it out.

Darzil

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
kscraft.sourceforge.net

I downloaded it from the uk mirror. My old one had bug or summit so downloaded the new version... it works fine but i found 2 .32 trojans from scanning today.

Cheers,

Ad

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Seakul said:
More fool you :fluffle: , Cracked Nod32 ftw.

So ur saying that due to avg being free and suxor im lying about the scan or the scan is wrong?... I think ill put my trust in the scan tbh :)

Seakul

Banned
Adlatus Hellbringer said:
So ur saying that due to avg being free and suxor im lying about the scan or the scan is wrong?... I think ill put my trust in the scan tbh :)
Scan is wrong, AVG is shit :) stuff like that ruin applications i.e derida's UI.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
quite like AVG ;) there's the possibility that someone at kscraft.sourceforge.com has sneaked a nasty in with the calculator - always worth to check it out.

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
aye.. as it's open source, ppl are free to modify the package. That some f00k did it with his/her mirror host is just crap.

and off topic: AVG is pretty good, being free or paid doesn't matter anyway for the results. - I'm using NOD tho, as it detects viruses earlier and is a bit more aggressive.

Im not getting any trojan erros btw, using the only UK server (KENT)

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Scanning my PC with Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 14, will see what I find.

It didn't spot anything during download or install.

Darzil

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Seakul said:
Scan is wrong, AVG is shit :) stuff like that ruin applications i.e derida's UI.

never had any problems with derida and i use AVG

possibly that u suck at using AVG?

Seakul

Banned
Tualatin said:
aye.. as it's open source, ppl are free to modify the package. That some f00k did it with his/her mirror host is just crap.

and off topic: AVG is pretty good, being free or paid doesn't matter anyway for the results. - I'm using NOD tho, as it detects viruses earlier and is a bit more aggressive.

Im not getting any trojan erros btw, using the only UK server (KENT)
That’s because NOD32 uses advance heuristics.

And yes it does, free AVs don’t have anyone near good as customer support / development team. And the database is no where near as big as paid ones i.e. NOD32 etc. Doesn’t mean you have to pay for them though :)

Ctuchik said:
never had any problems with derida and i use AVG

possibly that u suck at using AVG?
You don't know about the Derida thing a while back then and the reason she stopped making UIs. Yes I suck at using a AVG re read my post and buy your self a clue :wanker:

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
Just FYI Derida stopped due to the whines etc people made, and AVG FREE vs PAID difference = FREE is max 1 update a day, and paid 'unlimitited'. They use the same database otherwise.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Seakul said:
You don't know about the Derida thing a while back then and the reason she stopped making UIs.
wasnt it because people were "stealing" ideas from her/him and she/he went all arty about it? not because AVG was picking up trojans in it

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
wasnt it because people were "stealing" ideas from her/him and she/he went all arty about it? not because AVG was picking up trojans in it

Well, all the people flaming that cos AVG (and no other) AV products were detecting trojans, and that she was therefore trying to infect their PCs. After a few weeks of that things were getting very heated in the US forums.

But yes, there was some people taking her stuff, modifying a little, and then not giving any attribution, at the same sort of time.

Darzil

Entran

Fledgling Freddie
AVG is teh suxorz. It deleted my ABC torrent client cos it thought it was a virus.

On 2 seperate unlinked PCs. After the same update.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Entran said:
AVG is teh suxorz. It deleted my ABC torrent client cos it thought it was a virus.

On 2 seperate unlinked PCs. After the same update.
Torrent clients are one of the easiest spead software for virus, as torrents are still P2P underground software and not regulated by anyone, so maybe AVG was right...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom