Just do it

O

old.job

I have just made the single best upgrade ever to my PC.

I finally bought a freakin optical mouse, if you don't have one do it now.

L

Luv_Bunny

i prefer a mouse with balls, but thx for the advise :p

S

Sharma

mmm i need one, terribly tired of cleaning my mouseball over and over and finding ive bust the spring inside so it always hits an invisible wall :eek:

K

kr0n

I tried one at my friends. Didn't like it. I mean, when normal mouse with balls feels shabby and sticky, you just clean it. But when optical feels, you throw it away. I use this cheapass MS normal mouse with wheel, it's light as a feather, small and fits my palm. Better that those bigass optical cordless hitech matafaka "hi-I-cost-gazillions" mice :)

S

Sarum TheBlack

I like my huge-assed optical mouse. Smaller ones feel kinda lightweight and superficial now.

Bazillions of buttons 4 teh win too :) Far too easy to get used to the thumb buttons, and then be annoyed when you use a mouse without them and you have to go searching for the back button with your mouse :p

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by kr0n
small and fits my palm.

Does that mean you have small hands? You know what they say about small hands. >.<

:D

T

The Real Redi

Originally posted by kr0n
I tried one at my friends. Didn't like it. I mean, when normal mouse with balls feels shabby and sticky, you just clean it.

<covers his mouth and chuckles like a child>

it's light as a feather, small and fits my palm.

:lol:

sorry, childish day :great:

K

kr0n

Ha
ha
ha.

Im IRL LOLROFLMAOing here. Gj. So obvious my cat knew the next joke.

ps. im above average >< (tho average isnt that much :))

L

Luv_Bunny

it's not the size of the hammer that counts, it's the size of the nail you're throwing it at

so i got small hands, no, make that small fingers...

and i don't know anything about size as i've not gone around comparing it with others

this is childish :eek:

B

BrassMonkey

intellimouse_optical_02.jpg

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/imo_info.asp

I use one of these and it's the best mouse i've ever used, just like a ball mouse only...optical. Can get it in wireless if that blows your skirt up but i'm not a fan of wireless stuff unless it's really necessary.

Also i love it for the 2 extra buttons, comes in handy for a whole load of games.

S

Spinky

Optical mice rock for drawing with, although if you're a true artist I guess you'd be using a graphic tablet :p

T

The Kingpin

I use this:

ms_intellimouse_explorer.jpg

It increased my sniper skills by 50% :p

H

heilel

I also have an optical mouse.
Sure beats scratching my mice balls with my fingernail. :D

M

mirieth

I play an FPS competetively, but use a ball mouse. I've never really had the urge to switch, the reason being no one has never really told me that they make a difference :p.

Someone convince me while I have money to spend :D. What, exactly, does an optical mouse offer over a traditional ball mouse?

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by mirieth
I play an FPS competetively, but use a ball mouse. I've never really had the urge to switch, the reason being no one has never really told me that they make a difference :p.

Someone convince me while I have money to spend :D. What, exactly, does an optical mouse offer over a traditional ball mouse?

more precise, works on any surface except glass so no need for those stoopid mouse pads, no need to clean the darn ball every to days

M

mirieth

Sounds good, what's a good one, how much is it and where do I buy it from? :D

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by mirieth
Sounds good, what's a good one, how much is it and where do I buy it from? :D

logitec Mx serries or MS, thing they start at about € 30 to € 80 for top models (Mx700 ect)

E

Ekydus

I got my optical mouse for £18.

BTW, I also used to and still sometimes do play FPS competitively. I used to use a ball, but changed to optical and it does help. Infact if I had the choice I don't want to touch a ball-mouse ever again. It's like using the arrow keys insead of WASD - it's just stupid.

H

Hargh

Get one, jsut trust us. You will never have to shake the mouse or give it a little nudge to loosen the ball, nor clean it, nor over run a point u want to stop at. Even by a millimetre.

A

Apathy

Unless you have a cat in your house or use the mouse directly on a table top.

:(

a.

M

mirieth

Originally posted by Ekydus
It's like using the arrow keys insead of WASD - it's just stupid.

I use the arrows :p... then again, I am left handed and I use all the keypad, arrows, all the right side of the main keys etc.

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by Sibanac
more precise, works on any surface except glass so no need for those stoopid mouse pads, no need to clean the darn ball every to days

I have 4 that dont work on my desk... the arrow gets fugged up need a mat . :p

K

kr0n

Originally posted by Ekydus
I got my optical mouse for £18.

BTW, I also used to and still sometimes do play FPS competitively. I used to use a ball, but changed to optical and it does help. Infact if I had the choice I don't want to touch a ball-mouse ever again. It's like using the arrow keys insead of WASD - it's just stupid.

OMG YOU USE WASD? ???? ? ??+

What kind of an idiot uses WASD... ESDF is the best :D Much more GOOD keys (ctrl shift etc suck ass) around movement-buttons so you can get all kinds of nifty scripts around :)

M

Munkey-

WASD is the win!

Though i'll never forget the first time i tried to play Tribes 2 with it. Had no idea why it kept changing weapons when i tried to move forward :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom