Just curious.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Was at beno today and some mid used forceful zephyr(?) on me and i went through the keep door which albs were bashing on then died because i couldn't get out of course.Now i asked on alliance chat if this is suppose to be like it is? some say it is, but when i asked a member of Eyes and Ears, he told me it's bug abuse?

Anyone actually know?or who was the mid who did to me?

I do not want them banned if it is bug abuse because i am sure they do not know themselves like me, so would be nice if they know by directing them to this post.If it is suppose to be like this then fair enough but seems a bit lame i think for all realms :( since you can't do anything once it happens.So anyone know?

Jareth Spellfire

Fledgling Freddie
Yes , fz if used correctly can get you in such situations and it's "working as intended" last time i checked :)

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
i'm pretty sure this isn't bug abuse on US at least
and have heard of grp of 8 mincers running into amg room on excal and fzing whole high grp outside into zerg :eek:

i don't really think it should be bug abuse as its a very nice way to stop room camping if it does work like this

Eroa

Banned
hmm.. All i know is that i have to los to the GT to be able to cast FZ. Seems like that would be hard if the GT is set betwean the doors.

Karmatika

One of Freddy's beloved
we zephyred latino above a ZW once... pretty anoying to cannot reach a luwi like that

koxine

Fledgling Freddie
hmm.. All i know is that i have to los to the GT to be able to cast FZ. Seems like that would be hard if the GT is set betwean the doors.

When you cast a FZ it's allways cast a few feet in front of you.. If you are standing inside a keep facing the door with a GT behind you, the FZ will be cast outside the door and moving towards your GT, dragging in the player standing on other side of door..

Don't know if this is intended but it's being done all the time by all realms in keeptake/defense..

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
koxine said:
When you cast a FZ it's allways cast a few feet in front of you.. If you are standing inside a keep facing the door with a GT behind you, the FZ will be cast outside the door and moving towards your GT, dragging in the player standing on other side of door.. .

This guy has it spot on.. exactly what can happen - and it is classed as bug abuse, i definetly remember reading it somewhere on the DAOC-Europe, or camelotherald site, but just cant find the link at the mo (being a Sojo with FZ its usefull to keep up on these things hehe)

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
Dunno if it's bug abuse but it's way silly how it works.

Pull healer inside keep and he'll die and can't be ressed before doors down. :(

The ability is very powerful to start with, would be nice if they added LoS (or whatever is causing this problem).

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Working as intended, the main thing about FZ is that it has to be on a similar level and GT in view.
as mentioned it appears infront of you and moves to GT, what happened was a fairly standard tactic but not the easiest to pull off as your basically firing blind.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Not really firing blind; you can bet your ass off that if the door is taken damage someone is on the door :p

I think its lame to be honest

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
Working as intended (as all other things, bg, grapple etc etc) xDDDDDDDDDDD
Never tried this one as i don't camp keeps that much, but will sure try it!
As Elendar said, 6x mincers came and fz'd our grp and feed us to albzerg at mmg room on excal, so it can be pretty effective that way, just need to see gt on bm or throu a window and you can pull it off :).

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
Checked the cameloteurope news this morning, and damn me, cant find the post anywhere, but im 100% sure i saw this somewhere and GOA (or Mythic) said that a player using FZ at a keep door to drag people inside (or outside) would be classed as bug abuse, i guess this would also relate to using FZ to move a player through any solid state object.

If you are concerned over it, do a screenshot and rightnow it - only way to be sure.

koxine

Fledgling Freddie
just need to see gt on bm or throu a window and you can pull it off

You have to be on the same lvl as your GT, and have to be able to see your GT.. so it wont work if you are standing on BM with a GT down in yard.. probably wont work through a window either but a havn't tried..

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Nxs said:
Checked the cameloteurope news this morning, and damn me, cant find the post anywhere, but im 100% sure i saw this somewhere and GOA (or Mythic) said that a player using FZ at a keep door to drag people inside (or outside) would be classed as bug abuse, i guess this would also relate to using FZ to move a player through any solid state object.

If you are concerned over it, do a screenshot and rightnow it - only way to be sure.

Just a few problems about this ML working as it is at the moment in certain situations like i stated above is that it could have other effects on players who do not see it happen.

For example:

A hib attacks door, mid uses forceful zephyr, the hib goes through door and dies to the mid force.One mid sees this hib through door lying there and recognises the hib as being a class that can't climb walls then thinks how the hell did he get in here lets report it!

That's one of the main problems i think it will cause, since it was stated on daoc websites anyone getting through a keep door was bug abuse so why should this ML work like that too?Oo

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
Sycho said:
That's one of the main problems i think it will cause, since it was stated on daoc websites anyone getting through a keep door was bug abuse so why should this ML work like that too?Oo

I know what you mean, would be pretty bad if this happened and an acount got banned.... ohh.... what am i saying... at last something decent on the Sojourner line :) ML8 Ban Account hehe - Seriously tho someone should pop this on Rightnow and get an official stance on way or the other - if its allowed then cool, if not and it happens to you get a screenshot to cover your own ass, then maybe try to talk to that guilds officers and let them know their member is being naughty.

Platina

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
Was at beno today and some mid used forceful zephyr(?) on me and i went through the keep door which albs were bashing on then died because i couldn't get out of course.Now i asked on alliance chat if this is suppose to be like it is? some say it is, but when i asked a member of Eyes and Ears, he told me it's bug abuse?

Anyone actually know?or who was the mid who did to me?

I do not want them banned if it is bug abuse because i am sure they do not know themselves like me, so would be nice if they know by directing them to this post.If it is suppose to be like this then fair enough but seems a bit lame i think for all realms :( since you can't do anything once it happens.So anyone know?
LOL lmao xD

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Platina said:
LOL lmao xD

Nothing sensible to post for once eh?

Read my last post and you see why i was asking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom