just curious about damage diff in pbaoes

Was at beno about 10mins ago and got pbaoed from erodafira for 432 also baring in mind she was standing on me more or less... i only had 12cold is ice really that bad? i thought Erodafira would do alot more tbh :) still killed me tho n1 ;)

erodafira mixed spec or something?

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Cold resists up in grp + eroda MoCing? Peeps often unbuffed and/or rez sick by time of lord fight also.

Mael, 50th ment.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
when I MOC I usually do 4-500dmg when I am standing on top of them

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
No power relic either, so that might make a differance :)

hehe i just found it strange :) i seen her running towards me and was like... oh shit... but i actually lived after a fair few casts hehe... but yea maybe rs or something

Corran

Part of the furniture
just checked, and roddi is 50ice spec again. So rezz sick or moc. But wiz pbaoe never been quite as good as other realms

Tirfo

Fledgling Freddie
GrisomWarshadow said:
Twoo twoo they should balance them out imo hibs get it to easy :p

Wha? sm's are best pbaoe class rly :l

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
I'm full ice atm, i suspect i was mocing so obviously damage down to 75%. Also, i have high aug dex atm. With regards to pbaoe, i believe wizard pbaoe delves for same amount as hibs with the mid one slightly higher.

Wizard ice line has always been a little weak though imo when compared to comparable classes ie. mana eld. Would hit alot harder as fire but i get bored of bolt bolt nuke nuke nuke etc.

Gelid

Fledgling Freddie
48 Steaming Wind (Major) 325 2.5 sec. 31P PB 300
48 Disenchanting Eruption 325 2.5 sec. 31P PB 300
49 Soul Annihilation 331.5 2.5 sec. 32P PB 300

Not much difference TBH, it was either lack of buffs, rez sick or moc. All realm's PBAOE does the same damage, approximately.

ah well nm then.... :> make sure ur sorted out next time :( i want full damage from you if im gonna die ^^: <

Friea

Banned
Corran said:
just checked, and roddi is 50ice spec again. So rezz sick or moc. But wiz pbaoe never been quite as good as other realms

why would a wiz pbaoe not be as good as the other realms pbaoe?

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
Really notice the damage difference when you moc, it's almost laughable compared to normal, which is why I only tend to use it when really needed, usually a pbaoe qc pbaoe will outdamage moc pbaoe since most people scatter after the 2nd one anyway unless there's ST or TWF down.

Only really good in a bombing situation imo when you have a high chance of getting interupted, in full group open-field rvr I rarely use it for pbaoe, really only for DDs or when I have a tank on me and am miles from a bodyguard/grappler, or when solo and getting jumped by solo rr11 mercs /slap fadeh!

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Wizard's Pbaoe is worse than the other realms because:
1: Hib Pbaoers get a pet.
2: Mid Pbaoers don't suffer a drop off in damage, their Pbaoe does the same all the way out.

Ticking

Fledgling Freddie
Sooooooooooo chanters having a Pet makes their pbaoe better then yours?

lol. mmkay -> and if you go by pet SM wins anyway SM hardly can be killed melee wise

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Mid pbaoe is best because you got instant aoe str/con debuff aoe(-66 str/con, about -82 str/con if you got 25% debuff stat bonus in sc) aswell as 331dd pbaoe.I bet without using moc eroda would of hit you 800s on 10% cold, well an avalonian should probably cap at 1000 roughly on a lv50 target who has 0% resists.(maybe a bit more depending on their int cap/mom/spell damage but it's quite easy to make your pbaoe cap 1200 or so at high rr, not on 50s i mean actual cap)

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
chretien said:
Wizard's Pbaoe is worse than the other realms because:
2: Mid Pbaoers don't suffer a drop off in damage, their Pbaoe does the same all the way out.

yeah lol mid get full pow all the way and hib and alb does'nt, so op mids! :<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
tbh, still think mid has the best pbaoe, overall.

If thinking just in terms of the pbaoe classes:

Hib:

Enchanter, for pbaoe, gets the pbaoe itself and a choice of a healing pet. Baseline stun won't do much in a pbaoe situation, unless it's only 1 target, and they can't debuff their own damage.
Eldritch gets the same pbaoe, same effectiveness from the baseline stun, but instead of a pet they get an AE str/con debuff, which can improve the damage.

Alb:

Wizards with pbaoe spec get to debuff their own damage. if MoC, a single AE dd with debuff cast before the pbaoe will increase the damage compared to just the pbaoe. Yeah, only 10%, but still better than a chanter since there's no AE energy debuff.

Mid:

SMs with pbaoe get both AE str/con debuff and intercept pet, as well as slightly higher damage and fewer resists due to lvl 49 spell compared to 48.

While not that much of a difference between the 3 realms/4 classes, if you add in the abilities that the realms have in other classes (Alb has twf + banelord + pbaoe lifetap on one class, Hib has 2 classes with access to ST, one of which is quite common in the 'fotm' group layout and the twf class also in 99% of the groups, and Mid has access to castable & insta AE stun) then it really comes down to organisation and the players abilities to adapt and use situations to the best advantage.

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
VidX said:
Lotsa words

AE str/con debuff doesnt increase dmg....if we're talkin pvp, which I'm almost positive we are? :p

As for the rest...biggest advantage SM has is intercept pet by far :) serves a great purpose in PB grps, no doubt.

/Dracus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom