[QUESTION] just buying a key without having to download the actual game.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
As i`ve been in beta and all that stuff and i just need a key and don`t want my provider to put my on small band due to exceeding my download limit i wonder if it is possible to just buy the key without having to bother with downloading anything.

anyone got an answer to that ?

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
You'd have to buy the game from somewhere to get a retail code but I don't see why you'd have to download it again if you don't want to. Just patch up your closed beta client. You can't buy the key without the game but you're under no obligation to download the game?

I don't expect the game DVDs to come out of the box when I get it as I'll already have patched up the client and be playing there won't be anything to gain from it?

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Hi favail :)

so if i buy it from d2d or from EA store, they`ll send me the code even if i download nothing ? or does the code come with the download ?

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Hi favail :)

so if i buy it from d2d or from EA store, they`ll send me the code even if i download nothing ? or does the code come with the download ?

Ello Muy :)

Not 100% but my understanding was you'd get an e-mail with codes and a link for the download? Certainly when I've ordered in the past from other download places that's been the case.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
that sounds logical, but hey logic and the real world don`t always go hand in hand.

thanks for the replies.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
Best /poke Iainc or Magnus, they might have an answer.

fang

Fledgling Freddie
Don't need to download anything when ordering from Direct2Drive. They send you your codes via e-mail (you might have to click "download" to trigger the e-mail, but you don't actually need to download anything).

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Don't need to download anything when ordering from Direct2Drive. They send you your codes via e-mail (you might have to click "download" to trigger the e-mail, but you don't actually need to download anything).

i normally want the box of a game i buy, but it seems like any shop i could find in belgium ran out of stock so i`ll have to cope with a download or wait till the 18th (shock / horror)

thanks for the replies.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
i normally want the box of a game i buy, but it seems like any shop i could find in belgium ran out of stock so i`ll have to cope with a download or wait till the 18th (shock / horror)

thanks for the replies.
Y same thing, just asked a friend in he UK to buy one for me where she was getting hers. I just want the miniature and the books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom