Just Because GoA Says They "Know" about a bug does it mean we shouldn't be angry?

Galie

One of Freddy's beloved
I am personally offended by the responses angry customers of GoA have gotten by GMs here on this forum. I would have expected that those who work in the customer service/maintance wing of GoA (like GMs) would have been people with a far greater amount of tact and politeness. The genuine grievences of customers produced by GoA's own failings in properly beta testing and fixing the bugs found in NF have been met with a coldness and dismissiveness. All this undermines the fact that we have recieved a defective product! I really don't think "its nothing to do with me" kind of attitude can be used as an excuse by any part of the GoA company to ignore the problems with NF. It is pathetic that in turn for being a defective product customers are patronisingly told to calm down as if nothing is wrong. And some how a one paragraph long post on their website is a good enough response when the game is unplayable in the SI client. And haven't you noticed that its always GoA passing the buck to Mythic when they have a problem, "Oh its not our fault its Mythic's they sent us the wrong files", well its your dam job to make sure they don't! So it is your fault, not only that its one you should have fixed before letting a patch go live!

If I bought a packet of Kellogs Cornflakes from my local supermarket, poured out the contents and found a dead 'bug' in between the ceral I'd be angry. If I went to the store manager and ask for an explanation and was told to shut up and deal with it, and that they already knew that they were putting dead bugs in Kellogs Cornflakes and pointed at a tiny sign at the front door saying, "It is 'known' that there are dead 'bugs' in boxes of Kellogs Cornflakes" so I should go and take it up with the people who put the dead 'bugs' in the ceral I'd be furious. Especially when the people putting the dead 'bugs' in teh ceral were part of the same organisation telling me its nothing to do with them!

What I'd want to happen is the for the manger of the store to appologise to me, whether it was their fault or not, and tell me how the problem was gonna be solved, if it was gonna be solved and what could be done for me to make up for it.

GoA=Useless Their GMs=Rude The Game=Broken Customers=Cheated Me=Angry and with every right to be.

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
Post your remarks in one of the other 10,000 "OMG WTF GOA IRL MEIGHTS" threads. Thanks.

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
If its that bad, why do you keep subscribing to something that makes u unhappy?

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
If you went to any company with the attitude most of the people on the forums here have you'd get next to no help. Simple fact.

If it's that bad just unsubscribe, no game is worth the obvious stress that this is causing you.

Vireb

Fledgling Freddie
[16-11-2004] Problems with the SI Client
There are currently problems facing those of you who are still using the Shrouded Isles client to log into the game.
We are aware of these problems and are working with Mythic to solve them. The problem stems from the client that we recieved missing certain files. We apologise for the inconvenience and hope to have this issue resolved as soon as possible
ok before you whine read it, they do not say its not our fault its mythics, they say files were missing and we are working to fix it, its not an excuse or shift blame , its an explanation.. could just say its broke were fixing , but they give you details of the problem and how there trying to fix. more than what they are required to do. Also shifting blame ,thays why they say sorry for any inconvenience.... grow up stop whining shit happens learn to deal with it, its getting fixed . They have apologized are fixing it what more do you want sheesh......................
tell ya kids are so unforgiving

edit also look here sticky at top of page , posted 4 hours before your post and rant/whine ill even link it https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=39975

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
Galie said:
and tell me how the problem was gonna be solved

Lol... To solve the problem you need to plug the decoder into valve-101, which will override the router, causing a vacuum at location #3928, #9914. (This will, in turn distinguish itself by the faint glow of neon blue.) After this has been done, you need to overload the server with the "DMC-99-831 plug, thus jump starting the SI juicer and making the interface readable.

If this really was the case, which it isnt, would you feel happier that someone had wasted valuable time posting a reply to your inane whine, which could be spent fowarding reported bugs to the right channels?

Galie

One of Freddy's beloved
You all suck because you missed my entire point, which I will rephrase in language even the most intellectually vapid and stunted may understand.

Can any response from GoA make me feel any less angry with them because they provided a defective product?

The answer is not completely, but they can help by making an attempt to console me and not ignore me. Ignoring people is the single most hurtful thing a person may do to another in my opinion. Especially when you are under some obligation to that person. It amounts to a distinct betrayal of trust.

As to the post made on the GoA website and the sticky from GM, it was a great start only ruined by the attitude of their GMs. The response was not made to me but I could have seen how it could have been offensive, I would have found it hurtful.

To the replies I was shocked that people display such dismissiveness and un-questioning respect for those who have not demonstrated in any real way any genuine concern for a problem that no doubt even effects them. I am confused that they are among those being exploited and decieved and yet feel no need to react, but instead react against me a person with more in common with their problems then they do with GoA's!? Taking side against those who would potentially stand up for you seems foolish.

As to the replies to my post

Cstasy, firstly you have no place telling me where I can post, alsong as its on topic. If I had taken your advice to "Post your remarks in one of the other 10,000 "OMG WTF GOA IRL MEIGHTS" threads. Thanks." my points would have surely been lost amoung the various other trains of thought contained within them. I wanted to make a specific point so I felt it necessary to make a whole new post as I wanted to seperate my thoughts from that of others. To be honest as well we do not pay a subscription to get the game fixed when it goes tits up, we pay so it doesn't go tits up in the first place. So as to wasting the developers time by posting and expecting replies why not? Its not like them fixing stuff should be our priority they should do it out of course, mine and other's rants are a burden they'll just have to put up with if they have any idea what obligation they have as paying customers. Its not like I'm Artemis asking for a blood sacrifice from Agamemnon to let his ships sail to Troy, I just don't want to be dismissed. It is a ridiculous point anyway as no matter how detailed the reply here I doubt it would set back the fixing of the bugs by anytime.

Amelyn, maybe I would end my subscription to GoA, but they have never sent me new subs passes and users for my accounts since the hacking that happened months back, I asked for new ones from them but they have never done anything about it. I got tired of never getting a solution to the problem from them so I decided to let the problem be till I was never gonna play again for sure and I could tell my bank to block payments. And as to your comment "If its that bad, why do you keep subscribing to something that makes u unhappy?", stopping my subscription would not actually stop me feeling unhappy as to stop me feeling unhappy I'd have to be RvRing with my toons and stopping my subscription would be the stupidist way of achieving working RvR I know, wouldn't it?

Kami, omg I pity you and your guttless attitude to life. Are you really saying that I should stand back and ignore the blantant disregard that GoA's GMs have shown towards their customer base? Its not a matter of whether they react well to what I say, it is a matter of expressing to them my dissatisfaction. I don't hope for any help or any compensation I just do not want to be ignored. If I have feeling I want to be able to express it no matter what others think of it. And added to all this is it a "fact" as you say that voicing your feelings of being disgruntled gets you nowhere? I disagree when my mobile phone's screen broke I demanded a replacement even though it was out of warrantee because it had just broken for no reason. I got a replacement, what would I have achieved by keeping quite, nothing I suspect.

Vireb, well I don't know how literally you take everything you read, but I'm sure you have the imagination to realise that "the client that we recieved" by GoA had to come from somewhere. I think it would be pretty much certain that this place was probably Mythic, I cannoy see who else it may have been from the information they gave. This being so GoA are if not literally stating it was mythic who sent us faulty files, they are stating that mythic sent them faulty file. And so in this sense they are passing the buck, they are rejecting responsibility and they are pissing me off! Added to this it doesn't make my point any less valid, even if they did receive a faulty client they shoudl have realised this and fixed them before the NF add-on went live. Its the, "My dog ate my homework excuse!" repackaged. Lastly the sticky at the top of the page was nothing to do with my point. While the GMs may have appologised early that was no reason to in later posts made by paying customers to get dismissive. They have a legitimate right to be listened to, if you are paying for the pleasure of DAoC and DAoC is not working, we should be paying for something, why not make it the pleasure of having someone from GoA not ignore our whines and rants?

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
To be honest I reckon most, if not everyone, feels the same way you do Galie.

However, the world we live in dictates that we as the customer must take it up the arse from these big companys.

I mean take a look at Microhole.. sorry Microsoft. If you put the same type of content on there boards (if they had some) you would be taken serious? No really, look at it... we are all entitled to our opinion but you have come back and started attacking people... if you do not like the game (as stated already) leave... quit....delete. Attacking others only makes everyone think your a twat (I AM NOT CALLING YOU ONE OK?) This is one of those single rights as a customer where we make the choice to stand and say 'No More!' and not pay/ keep doing something that annoys us...

Still, I agree 100% what you have put but come on... you must have knew this was going to happen... right?

I for one just called work as said I would do some shift work so as to not ruin my night (yeah right!)

Irakaz

Fledgling Freddie
Galie, I agree with you about the lack of concern from GOA to fix certain problems, the way they handle customers, the lack of support, the negative feedback . . . . hmm maybe they're not great, but honestly have you read yourself some of the threads just on Freddy's House? Not exactly written by understanding, considerate customers.

If I was a GM I would look at the crap people say here and never bother to even say they would "look into it". Im grateful that GM's actually comment on unofficial forums and have the patience to actually try to help abusive, ignorant players who go on rants and start hate threads (btw not including you).

Sure Mythic and GOA arent the best, but how many are? They saw there were problems that needed dealing with, so they have rightnow, GM's couldnt be on 24/7 so they met customers halfway. Are the majority of isues sent to Rightnow about bugs and abuses? Or are there about 100 a day on artifact stealing when it was camped/not camped/stolen/whatever.

Having discussed issues with directors of customer service, I have found GOA to be at least on par or above most companies (dont get me started on the half-sofa that arrived, not once but wrong three times :()

GM's try to help, but when they do it is to comments like, about time, or so you sorted that but what about this . . . kind of arguments and are constrained by GOA regulations, GOA are screwed by Mythic.

s has been said if these issues affect you so much then don't play or apply to join with the said companies in an effort to produce better results for dedicated communities like the DAOC population.

(yes I have probably whined about some dumb game design or my consistent LD myself and curse GOA for many things, but conversely how many people abuse the system themselves and benefit from bugs they find? They hardly go with fire and brimstone at GOA for things like that)

Leleith

Fledgling Freddie
Morning.

Your problem seems to be the SI/NF-bug, correct? Its a bug, for sure, yeah. But why dont you play the game with the ToA-client? (Fair enough, when GOA says NF is supposed to work with original and SI as well as ToA, but still)
Could push it a bit, to compare wanting to use new and modern stuff together with old stuff, and then whining when it doesent work. Mythic designs the game in hope that their costomers uses "the latest stuff". They know, however, that there are still people using the older versions aswell, and tries to make patches that goes with those versions as well, to keep people in game. Those people are the minority though, and gets less attention. Simple as that. This can be seen everywhere around the world, its nothing new. Clothes, cars, machines, you name it.

I agree in much of what you say. But keep in mind that this has become a big game now. Shitloads of files that have to work together. The more you add, the more can, and will go wrong somewhere. Fix something, and it ends up wrong somewhere else. Note that Im NOT defending them for their ignorance and for blaming mythic as soon as something acts buggy.

Galie said:
You all suck because you missed my entire point
Or its you that cant express yourself clearly enough?

Had a few questions after reading the posts here, but they all go lost somewhere in my coffee and in the blur of letters in my reply. Need some more sleep, and they might come back. Night

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I'm not sure its really up to GoA to change the game code or whatever to fix bugs, believe thats Mythric's domain, tho if its something that happened with translating they should sort it out.

If they could do more, then I'd put bets on they'd fix it straight off without their being formal msgs about it, done through cs reports, can a imagine alot of things crop up and they sort out without people knowing.

I work on technical support of a company, you'll be supprised amount of people ringing and emailing in being rude and abusive, generaly acting dumb thinking that everything in this world runs smoothly.

Loxley

Banned
If it's Mythic's problem then it's Mythic problem and GOA physically can't do anything about it no matter how ignorant about the patching process you are.

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
Galie, I imo think its best if you just shut. Calling everyone stupid idiots who dont know the difference between left and right is not a good thing.

When creating new things you cant 100% prevent bugs, everyone got them. All other games, Microsoft etc.

GoA=Useless
I think that GOA do a decent job. I wont deny that could do better but when you sum things up they are doing a decent work.

Their GMs=Rude
I have never met a rude GM. Everytime I needed help I got it in a polite way. I have also been reading some of the other whinetheads and the respons from GM havent offended me.

The Game=Broken
Broken? Only thing I hate about this game is that some people take every opportunity they get to whine and flame everything.
I mean, whats FH all about now? 50% is just junkwhine by the same people whining over the same things.

Customers=Cheated
I, as a customer, dont feel cheated in anyway. I got help when needed and dont complain. US DAOC got patching problems aswell.

Me=Angry
? Then dont play the game if you get angry.

And btw, it doesnt help to flame and shame me for having another opinion than you cause I wont be reading this junkwhinethread anymore.

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Loxley said:
If it's Mythic's problem then it's Mythic problem and GOA physically can't do anything about it no matter how ignorant about the patching process you are.
That's true to an extent, but it doesn't get away from the fact GOA are Mythics agents and are responsible for the service provided to the European customer base.

GOA customer service is bad (that's not to say the GM's themselves are useless - far from it). Items like colour of names I can understand being let through. But a whole supported client not working! It's pretty bad. End of the day the 'buck stops with GOA' with anything Euro DAoC related.

Before anybody goes QQ more etc. I don't use the SI client, this hasn't affected me. But I can understand how people that use the SI client, whether it be because they don't have TOA or their system isn't up to it are upset.

Jayce

Fledgling Freddie
You are a knob. You want ...

Galie said:
What I'd want to happen is the for the manger of the store to appologise to me, whether it was their fault or not, and tell me how the problem was gonna be solved, if it was gonna be solved and what could be done for me to make up for it.

1. Apologise to you.
2. Tell you how the problem was going be solved.
3. What could be done to for you to make up for it.

GOA's info ..

[16-11-2004] Problems with the SI Client
There are currently problems facing those of you who are still using the Shrouded Isles client to log into the game.
We are aware of these problems and are working with Mythic to solve them. The problem stems from the client that we recieved missing certain files. We apologise for the inconvenience and hope to have this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Oh look they apologised !!! OMG they even said what they are doing about it, albeit without any major detail. The only thing not here is how/if they are going to compensate you, well from past experience GOA have always given a few days free game time when people get fucked around even if GOA dont announce they will do that.

So calm down, some things take time whether you like it or not.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Firstly, GOA dont have to reply to anything on these or any other forums, they are not GOA offical forums, but Reqiuel, Erivoss and the rest of the gang happily reply to whines and bullplop on here out of pure curtesy, they could justgo back to sitting behind Rightnow and just tell you "Sorted, job closed", and theres nothing you can do about it.

The customer support has improved greatly since the new team were put in place. Online GMs via E&E there to help, often in their own time. Gorre open to the public, to give us all something to do while we wait for it. Rightnows getting faster replies. The new Herald, which is looking damn fantastic compared to the old one. But still, give people an inch, they suddenly want a bloody mile.

Galie, you are obviously offended by the very breif but to-the-point comments made by anyone from GOA. Would you prefer your answers sugar coated with a cherry on top? They give answers when they can, and often as much info AS WE NEED, which doesnt mean we get all the info we want, but 99% of the time any extra info is wasted on the populus of the game anyway. Only that 1% like you really care of the bi-polar molecular disruptor anti matter containment restrictors phased coupling on the starboard necell has gone into spasmadic convulsions after experiencing a fluctuation in the space-time ceral bowl, instead of hearing "its broke, we fix it good".

Couple this with your lack of knowledge on patching the servers, your lackof comparison to other games, or the US customer support, you dont really have a good case against GOA or Mythic.

:kissit: says it all.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Oh, and this isnt an "i lurv GOA" post, I work in customer support, in Networks and Telcomms for the NHS with well over 10k users, and knowing what a pain in the arse they are, I know how GOA feel.

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Only that 1% like you really care of the bi-polar molecular disruptor anti matter containment restrictors phased coupling on the starboard necell has gone into spasmadic convulsions after experiencing a fluctuation in the space-time ceral bowl, instead of hearing "its broke, we fix it good".

:kissit: says it all.

thats so good its going in my sig.

Etzel

Fledgling Freddie
I really cba to read all this thread but i'll point out one thing, scheduled server downtime was 8am, Requiel's post was 10.16pm. Add travelling time to/from work and do the math, now consider yourself lucky you got a post at all.

And btw if you want some benchmark on service try SWG, after multiple attempts at fixing Warcry their latest patch has screwed the game beyond all belief. People are soloing Krayts, Nightsister Elders, Jedi Knights, in fact every encounter in the game without taking any damage. The service here may often fall short but it's still far from being the worst out there.

Tilda

Galie, chill out a bit please. The goa people come to these forums out of their own free will. They post useful stuff for most forum users. However if people liek you, make crap threads like this, they may not come, spoiling it for the rest of the forum users.

Tilda

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Although I agree that on occasion GOA are slow to admit problems, I feel your posts are overblown and your analogy about spiders in breakfast cereal laughable, doubly so when you thow this in shortly afterwards..

"You all suck because you missed my entire point, which I will rephrase in language even the most intellectually vapid and stunted may understand"

I guess the whole Kellogs thing still seems like a flash of inspiration that perfectly summised the arguemnt eh?

All PC software of any decent size has bugs, its been on the small print of pretty much every home computer game ever sold, we get new code every so often we will get new bugs, just live with it.

Should we be angry at GOA? No, not unless a particualr bug drags on for unacceptably long and we feel that people arent doing anything to resolve the issue. Should we be angry at Opentransit? Probably, not that it will do any good.

Merchant-01

Fledgling Freddie
Wow! Even MORE toys out of the cot! Someone's going to need a bulldozer to move them all when this lot are done..

You've obviously never worked in the IT sector - Unforseen things do go wrong, and there's nothing you can do about it sometimes. Yes, it's annoying for the customer. Yes, you feel as you have to bitch and whine about it. Yes, you might have a right in one way.

Slagging GOA off isn't going to do any good. Personally I think customer service has improved greatly recently, with the new GMs being friendly on the forums and even picking up on problems and trying to fix them.

For christs sakes, what do you do if.. Say.. You have a mobile phone contract with orange, and they upgrade part of the network and for a little while text messages go astray. They apologise, and say that some of the software they use needs an update which they're in the process of doing.

If you don't like it, get a contract with Vodafone or something - You've made your point, kindly go and throw your toys out of the cot at another mmorpg company and spare us who can see past the straight and narrow your inane ramblings. If this was SOE for gods sake you wouldn't even have GMs on a forum keeping you updated, at least we have that.

Siftwind

Fledgling Freddie
Galie,

I understand your frustration. I am in the same boat. I work in the IT service provider business and think that it's inexcusable that the very basic and fundamental testing (to prove that the customer can still access their service, as they could before the change) has somehow been unsuccessful. Having said that, in between all the people taking you the wrong way on this thread, there are several valid points. For now we'll just have to do as normal; sit back and wait for the fix, which I'm sure the kind people at GOA are striving for (no sarcasm intended). Unfortunately, we are a captive audience, we love this game or else some of us would have walked long ago. But to answer your original question, I think you have every right to be angry. Hopefully it'll be sorted soon :)

Regards,
Sift.

Vireb

Fledgling Freddie
tbh you complaininghre is like you complaining to the manager of tescos (about your kellogs cornflakes) when you see him shopping in sainburys on his day off, were lucky weget anything official here its not an official forum ,right now is the corect way to report bugs etc and i'm sureyou wouldve got a more formal apology that way

Vireb

Fledgling Freddie
and im sorry but no one deserves to be spoken to the way the gm was in the other thread if you had done that to the manager of tescos in your analagy , your lucky you wouldnt be picking yourself up the floor (if hes hot headed) or being escorted out by security. So the gms response was comendable, a little sarcastic yes but still , these are real people who the hell do people think they are talking to them and attacking like that.......... a customer? well tbh imo goa is better of without customers with that attitude

Malena

Banned
Galie said:
I am personally offended by the responses angry customers of GoA have gotten by GMs here on this forum. I would have expected that those who work in the customer service/maintance wing of GoA (like GMs) would have been people with a far greater amount of tact and politeness. The genuine grievences of customers produced by GoA's own failings in properly beta testing and fixing the bugs found in NF have been met with a coldness and dismissiveness. All this undermines the fact that we have recieved a defective product! I really don't think "its nothing to do with me" kind of attitude can be used as an excuse by any part of the GoA company to ignore the problems with NF. It is pathetic that in turn for being a defective product customers are patronisingly told to calm down as if nothing is wrong. And some how a one paragraph long post on their website is a good enough response when the game is unplayable in the SI client. And haven't you noticed that its always GoA passing the buck to Mythic when they have a problem, "Oh its not our fault its Mythic's they sent us the wrong files", well its your dam job to make sure they don't! So it is your fault, not only that its one you should have fixed before letting a patch go live!

If I bought a packet of Kellogs Cornflakes from my local supermarket, poured out the contents and found a dead 'bug' in between the ceral I'd be angry. If I went to the store manager and ask for an explanation and was told to shut up and deal with it, and that they already knew that they were putting dead bugs in Kellogs Cornflakes and pointed at a tiny sign at the front door saying, "It is 'known' that there are dead 'bugs' in boxes of Kellogs Cornflakes" so I should go and take it up with the people who put the dead 'bugs' in the ceral I'd be furious. Especially when the people putting the dead 'bugs' in teh ceral were part of the same organisation telling me its nothing to do with them!

GoA=Useless Their GMs=Rude The Game=Broken Customers=Cheated Me=Angry and with every right to be.

Your totaly right there and I fell the same way Im soo pissed of at GOA
anf there crappy attitude..

* and to the *** who even comment any positiv side about GOA must learn to understand something someday I hope

*ps going out buying a TOA client as I have no hope they fix the problem in near future with the SI UI bug *

Crypth

Fledgling Freddie
My two cents is... test the SI client before releasing it? :)
Who in their right mind releases untested software?

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
* and to the *** who even comment any positiv side about GOA must learn to understand something someday I hope

True!
They must learn to understand that there are always ignorant muppets like you who apparently have found a new meaning of life in complaining and whining about things and demanding unrealistic crap because you´re paying the impressive ammount of 10 Euros/month which basically makes you an owner of the company.

Macdom

Fledgling Freddie
'Tis a well known fact that 12 months of alpha, beta, gamma... testing is no substitute for 12 minutes of live program - go live and the damn users break the program. In this case, the vast majority works.

What we have here is a very good game. People do not want to unsubscribe, but some of them want it perfect (so do the team at GOA- they could go home early on patch days) but it will never be perfect. There are always bugs at patches, they get put right in the order of importance (maybe not importance to you/me, but to the majority)... eventually.

If we'd all pay double subscription GOA/Mythic could pay for more bug fixing techies - any takers? (not me)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom