Just an idea

Y

~YuckFou~

I've been reading about all the shiny new biege boxes at BW, and that there will be more bookable servers.
How about a server used maybe one or two hours once/twice a week for non clan matches.
Why? Ok some of us are good but cannot be arsed with the clan thing, however would like the idea of clan style matches, teamwork,tactics etc. We could meet on irc to get the password, on a first come first served (no pun intended) basis. Maybe even a team of non clan members could take on a clan, could be fun. Thoughts?

------------------
~YuckFou~

O

old.Ashes

Damn fine idea!!

It would be interesting to see if the new persistence thing works in the next release as non clan players could get an idea of how they compare with other non-clanners...

Of course we could always set up a non-clan-clan!!B)

Anway, to stray off topic for a mo, due to some weird thang with my graphics card, I can't use IRC and CS/HL at the same time - HL just goes psychedlic on Alt-Tab!

...several news postings later - no joy....

so I've never used IRC...

C'mon y'all convince me of the error of my ways...?!

------------------
Ashes.
Carpe Carbine

O

old.QorbeQ

Never used IRC!? How can you survive without your daily dose of random abuse and spamming? ;)

As for the psychadelia problem, hows about <i>not</i> alt-tabbing to IRC? :)

O

old.Motev

Great!

I know this sort of thing is done a lot in some other games I use to play (mainly tribes) and is very enjoyable ...if done properly.

The problem that often plagues these style of matches in tribes though is too often too many people treat them as normal public games and try to do it all solo. However I think this could work as long as people seriously discuss some proper clanmatch syle tactics beforehand in irc and while dead etc.

O

old.Ashes

So basically you're saying that I shouldn't ALT-TAB.

Hmm - I was kinda hoping for a bit more of a "s'all right son, ya just have ta...." sort of an answer - oh well B).

IRC is banned from work so that puts paid to that then too!!

Back on topic...

How would you organise a non-clan clan-style map through IRC? How would you know when and where to find out?!?

(spot the IRC virgin!).

------------------
Ashes.
Carpe Carbine

O

old.Ashes

<honesty>Is IRC used to 'ghost' for other living players?</honesty> BO)

------------------
Ashes.
Carpe Carbine

O

old.zog

Re: non-clanned people playing as a team. That will probably work better when Valve release the TF2 voice communication code in the next(?) patch for HL. I expect CS will be updated to use that pretty soon after its release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom