Just a quick BindStone question

H

heath

I was talking over this subject with my mate at work (who also has DAOC), and we were wondering...what would be your idea places for bindstones??

I would like to see a couple more at Snow fort (for relic keep) and some around the Cornwall/DM/Lyonesse area.

Why the hell do we have 3 so close together .....Avalon Marsh, Gothwaite Harbour and Abribads Retreat...i think they should shift one to CWS.

B

Bleri McThrust

Ideal place for a bindstone ..........

Benowyc :clap: :clap: :clap:

Better not give mids and hibs one in there merchant keeps though :m00:

O

Ocalinn

get 1 in Vasudheim, all the new norse players start there or 1 in aegir hamn, and teleport scroll to jordheim

D

del_eneste

Prob the relic keep if I had my way :D lol :p
but really I think there should be one maybe around Lyon or Snow Fort

N

Naewae

Originally posted by del_eneste
but really I think there should be one maybe around Lyon or Snow Fort

Definitely agree with Lyonesse one (maybe Yarleys?) as for the Snow Fort one, it's not *that* near but they did put one at Swanton a couple of patches back, outside on the South wall.

B

belth

Originally posted by Naewae
Definitely agree with Lyonesse one (maybe Yarleys?) as for the Snow Fort one, it's not *that* near but they did put one at Swanton a couple of patches back, outside on the South wall.

Yeah, to supposedly help with defending power relics. Great thinking from Mythic's part again :rolleyes: Who's going to "permanently" bind at a place that has hardly anything interesting for couple zones...

K

Karnage

If they put a Stable Master there, or put a horse from Snow Station to CS and Snow Fort then the it would be viable, but to bind at Swanton and then have to run to anywhere else to get a horse is just silly!

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by Ocalinn
get 1 in Vasudheim, all the new norse players start there or 1 in aegir hamn, and teleport scroll to jordheim

Forgive me , but isn't this the albion on Excal forums ? ;)

I

ilienwyn

Or they could put a teleport pad (and bindstone ofc) in snowdonia fort as well so the zerg is split and we can defend both relic keeps. But i wouldn't worry much as it seems in housing there will be teleports to cs and snowdonia so just bind in guild house and port to anywhere needed after that.

N

Naewae

Originally posted by ilienwyn
it seems in housing there will be teleports to cs and snowdonia so just bind in guild house and port to anywhere needed after that.

Woot!

H

Hanhepi

Definitely agree with Lyonesse one (maybe Yarleys?) ...
Yay, and they should make sure they place the stone really close to the Yarleys and setup a popcorn machine there so other people can have more fun watching the daily show there.

New player who isn't familiar with the Yarleys and their damn rooters binds there and goes out to hunt rooters. After a few kills he dies. The rest is ...
PlayerX was killed by Yarleys
/release
/release
/release
/release
PlayerY rezzes PlayerX
/release
:p

But a bindstone somewhere near Lyonesse or at least at CWS would indeed be nice. Or maybe move one of the stones from the Avalon Marsh area to Witrin, so Dartmoor, Cornwall and Lyonesse people can use the Witrin-Western CW horse route from there.

S

shiro

They should put a big f****** city in the middle of lyonesse. a city with a handy bindstone :)

E

Ekydus

There should be a healer in Castle Sauvage.

It's annoying when you XP death and you have to run to Cotswold, if you are bound in CS. It's either that or stay bound in Gothwaite harbour, causing you to miss ports more. :/

D

del_eneste

Originally posted by Ekydus
There should be a healer in Castle Sauvage.

It's annoying when you XP death and you have to run to Cotswold, if you are bound in CS. It's either that or stay bound in Gothwaite harbour, causing you to miss ports more. :/

I think the nearest healer from CS is down the path.. at the tower but not really sure. Altho a healer at Excal would be great :D

O

old.Kerosene

I remember the days of xp'ing in Lyonesse and you'd get one of 2 things...

Some enterprising lvl 10 Mincer coming along and buying loot off you to sell himself for a profite

Some enterprising little sorcerer charming the merchant mob out of Forest Sauvage to sell the loot to (for a little tip of course)

Those were the days...

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by old.Kerosene
I remember the days of xp'ing in Lyonesse and you'd get one of 2 things...

Some enterprising lvl 10 Mincer coming along and buying loot off you to sell himself for a profite

Some enterprising little sorcerer charming the merchant mob out of Forest Sauvage to sell the loot to (for a little tip of course)

Those were the days...

I often brought a forest merchant to Goblins in Lyonesse...
Those lame ass cheap Albs were all selling their loot, but I never ever got a tip (did not think I would though :) ).
But was nice to have when I was teamed with another sorc, and we did not need the 2nd pet anyway.
Regards, Glottis

B

Belomar

Originally posted by old.Kerosene
Pazuzu did this once. An infiltrator (think it was Zaknafein) used it and accidentally sold his level 40 epic weapon -- and then proceeded to flame Pazuzu to high heaven because of it. :rolleyes:

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by Belomar
Pazuzu did this once. An infiltrator (think it was Zaknafein) used it and accidentally sold his level 40 epic weapon -- and then proceeded to flame Pazuzu to high heaven because of it. :rolleyes:

I only wished the cash would have gone to the sorc...
That would have been well worth being on 24/7 :)
Regards, Glottis

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by shiro
They should put a big f****** city in the middle of lyonesse. a city with a handy bindstone :)

or just a bindstone nr the middle would suffice.

T

TBF[Pazuzu]

Originally posted by Belomar

Your memory is better than mine Bleomar! I do remember this though, I think my merchant was classier than a Forest Merchant though, I'd brought Barfog one and plonked it in the middle of the tangler area. I think the guy was asking for a refund tounge-in-cheek, but it was still pretty funny.

The good old days... killing tangers seemed almost like a mini game within DAoC. It was a fine balance between an enjoyable group and a group that made you want to throw your PC out of a window. I definitely remember that if you were in the group tangler killing was always efficient and enjoyable though. :)

B

Belomar

Originally posted by TBF[Pazuzu]
The good old days... killing tangers seemed almost like a mini game within DAoC. It was a fine balance between an enjoyable group and a group that made you want to throw your PC out of a window. I definitely remember that if you were in the group tangler killing was always efficient and enjoyable though. :)
Hehe, well... I remember charming you as a level 38 or 39 sorcerer to come to tanglers when you had not been there yet. I think we did pretty well, with you doing the initial mezz and I quickly remezzing the goblins (one by one) after about 30 seconds. :)

M

Moody

As a general rule: put a bindstone where a healer is. Cornwall Station could use one definately. It's very annoying not having one there. No need to put one at Yarleys. After all it's not a (to all) friendly outpost or settlement, they're rude farmers!! Same goes for Barfog merchants. Would be nice to have a stone there and a healer but it doesnt make sense as they are by default aggro

E

Edalev

Alb stone inside Mjollner would be nice.

But its never guna happen :p

H

hercules-df

Snowdonia keep yes, also there being no snowdonia portal from goth (goes to dbl check :) ) truly shows what mythic think of alb ever having power relics, I assume its the same for mid power relic and hib str keep, What would be so wrong with not only a portal scroll from goth to snowdonia but sauvage to snowdonia too, surely the more chance of players being able to defend keeps and relic keeps, = more fun, less ppl quitting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom