just a couple of things :-P

O

old.psyder

In the rules :

2:ii maybe stress the one person per team in the league channel

2:viii probably a good idea to mention that the swap will be performed by the admin as we had a few people stuck in limbo on occasion which meant a restart.

2:ix don't know how to make this clearer but the other team we played didn't get the 40 second warm up bit maybe put in bold or something :)

Apart from that thought it went ok last night (thanks to vodo for admining) my only problem being my ping which was over 500!! (usually between 30 - 50) let's hope next sunday it isn't so bad.

Ta muchly

Psyder

B

bigbb

The servers were not properly setup with warm-up times last night, which was a problem.

We hadn't received any other complaint about lag or bad pings except from an American based clan.

Rule amendments have been gathered from last night and we're do an overhaul on them on tuesday. This is what the mini-tournament is for, to find our feet and for you to be able to point out problems so we can resolve them before the season. So thanks for your pointers there.

O

old.psyder

No worries :)

Hopefully my ping was just a one off :)

Cheers

psyder

P.S. We were playing the american clan and if they were going through the same nodes as me I could see why they had a problem.

5 21 ms 21 ms 24 ms core2-lhr4-stm4.lhr1.above.net [208.184.231.169]

6 396 ms 392 ms 399 ms 195.66.224.162

7 403 ms 399 ms 399 ms 213.221.179.115

8 409 ms 419 ms 415 ms tuppe.barrysworld.com [213.221.174.1]

Trace complete.

O

old.Ghost

Great game last night, and thanks admin for looking after both teams, even though we were totally owned, did have a problem with connection though, (not an excuse though, lol,) every 5-10 seconds got a connection problem message, like been on a 56k compared to isdn. Great laugh though!

K

*Kornholio*

I think there were problems with the internet as a whole last night... irc netsplits galore & we had a game on our server where everyone was getting connection problems :(

B

bigbb

Yeah, mebbe so. I got a dead connection from my isp, which you is not something you get with Demon.

M

McBastard

'twas ok

Even though we (TEG) got a walkover match, I'm quite happy with the manner of which the evening spun off.

There was a delay for our match, but we had been warned about possible delays. Check.
Information about the delay was available when requested. Check.
The server (server 6) delivered excellent pings for 5 of 6 team members. Check.
The admin handled the other-team-1-hour-too-late episode perfectly. Check.

Do we get a medal for being the most tense team on #bwrtcwl? :) If anything, that's where we can leave our mark.

O

old.Sir Random

Yeah, well done guys.

One suggestion:
It might save time getting started if AllowUnevenTeams is enabled on the servers so Clans members can join their side immediately. If the team listed first in the fixtures list always play Allies first then guys will know what side to choose before they join the server.

X

X-CaL

yeah i actually changed that before i left for work tonight, it was one thing which we should have done before last nights games, as well as incresing the warmup to 40 seconds,

in future we will have a seperate match server config set up so when we switch the servers over from normal play use to private clan games all these changes will be done , without the need for manaul rcon'ing to change em ,

but its good that these teething problems are being brought to light, as hopefully we can sort all of these before the full league gets underway :)

Users who are viewing this thread