Jury Duty (May be a Q for Tilda)

Laddey

FH is my second home
If a jury can't come to a verdict, i know it's called a 'hung jury' but what happens?

Re-trial? Majority vote? if so anybody know the figures?

Brothers trial going on at the moment. So many fuck up's with the 'victims' statements even my brothers barrister said it's shocking that it's made it to trial. But it has, so be it.

So quick answer, what if they can't come to a verdict? :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
If a jury can't come to a verdict, i know it's called a 'hung jury' but what happens?

Re-trial? Majority vote? if so anybody know the figures?

Brothers trial going on at the moment. So many fuck up's with the 'victims' statements even my brothers barrister said it's shocking that it's made it to trial. But it has, so be it.

So quick answer, what if they can't come to a verdict? :)

They tell the judge and the judge classes it as hung jury and the trial is done/finished after that the prosecution has the choice to try your brother again or let it go.

Laddey

FH is my second home
They tell the judge and the judge classes it as hung jury and the trial is done/finished after that the prosecution has the choice to try your brother again or let it go.
Thanks man

Olgaline

FH is my second home
uhm,
wasnt there a signed written statement of confession by the guilty party ?
why would a jury be hung on that, ?

unless we'r not getting the full story ?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Indeed laddy I wouldnt underestimate trials mate and brace yourself for the worse, friend of mine went and it wasnt even meant to go past magistrates court but he ended up in crown court and got jailed for 43 weeks and what he did was very very minor even the police that arrested him and his brief said he should have got off with a slap on the wrist because he had no previous criminal record all he did was punch someone in the face once no word of a lie.

Bahumat

FH is my second home

Doesn't the judge ask them if a majority have come to a decision? Read that in a Geoffry Archer book lol.

Laddey

FH is my second home
uhm,
wasnt there a signed written statement of confession by the guilty party ?
why would a jury be hung on that, ?

unless we'r not getting the full story ?
Yeah, but the crown prosecution won't accept it.

It doesn't matter either way though. The trial is going VERY well for Jamie at the moment.

One of the lads said he didn't even walk through a park, when the whole incident happened in a park. The lad that said it was the main lad aswell.

The barrister got the victims in the dock, found every wrong bit and hit them with it. Some of the, lets say wrong bits (statements don't match) where really really bad. It's so obvious they are lying about it.

Jamie's in the dock on monday. Last time he got 5 years for something he done, this was years and years ago. Now he settled down alot after that, family man etc.

He said last time when he was in the dock, he was being cross examined and he was lying that much the room was spinning and he felt dizzy.

He said now he's gonna get in the dock, and do nothing but tell the exact truth of what has happened.

When one of the victims got caught out due to CCTV (caught him blatently lying) even one of the jury ladies was shaking her head and grinning. I know they are not ment to, but even the group 4 security firm and Jamies barrister noticed this.

I'll keep you posted with a verdict on monday. We are all expecting the worse and anything better is a bonus.

I promise you lads, he really did not throw a glass. He wouldn't. He's a big lad, he used to fight alot and it ended him with 5 years of his prime life in jail. He learnt his lesson, you all may argue with me on it but he truely has. He really did not do this crime he has been accused for.

Even the arresting officer told ME on the phone that he thinks Jamie didn't do it.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Yeah tell the truth. He can see for himself how the other people lying are falling over at every step.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
I have done Jury duty before.

After the evidence is presented and the Judge has done a summary he will then ask the Jury to go away and come back once they have reached a unanimous verdict. If the Jury can't agree the Judge can decide to accept a majority verdict, in this case one person is allowed to disagree (so it should be 11 - 1). This should remove the possibility of one Jury member messing up the whole process.

If the Jury still can't reach a verdict then the trial ends as you said and the prosecution can decide if they want a retrial.

Laddey

FH is my second home
Thanks Cadelin.

One person said Jamie threw the glass, the other 3 couldn't be sure.

They have all be proven to be lying. The lad that said they didn't walk through the park said he seen jamie with the glass.

The other 3 said they walked through the park but never saw jamie with a glass.

Then the barrister said to this bloke (victim who seen jamie with the glass)

Did you aggrevate the defendent in anyway shape or form? He replied no, not in any mannor at all. I was perfectly calm throughout the whole incident.

Then the barrister wacked some CCTV footage on of the victim taking his top off so he was bare chested and watching to fight with Jamie.

Lol. They all got ripped to pieces, but that's the job of a barrister and things can still go wrong.

Jamie's legal team said it's looking remarkably well.

Expect the worse, everything else is a bonus.

Thanks again.

Tilda

I'm not sure blood omen is strictly correct. I dont do criminal law, but I think what happens is either the judge may say, we'll I'll accept a majority verdict, or as bo said, found not guilty.
That said though, if the statements are all fucked up, it may be decent grounds for appeal too.

Best of luck for monday.

Laddey

FH is my second home
I'm not sure blood omen is strictly correct. I dont do criminal law, but I think what happens is either the judge may say, we'll I'll accept a majority verdict, or as bo said, found not guilty.
That said though, if the statements are all fucked up, it may be decent grounds for appeal too.

Best of luck for monday.
Thanks mate.

Well tomrrow is nearly here. And to top it all off i've found a picture of the lad with a belt on, he said he never ever wears a belt. Weather it will help or not it'll still put doubt in the jurys mind.

Ta!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom