Games Jumpgate Evolution

Ormorof

FH is my second home
it looks really neat, and has been billed as an almost freelancer esque mmo which would be frankly awesome :)

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
woohoo, i cant wait :) was nearly in tears when intial reports suggest end of the year, but this rocks!!!

been waiting for this for way to long! :)

now to go oct/quant or solis, decisions decisions......

Zede

Part of the furniture
Damn it, almost though it read Stargate Worlds then :p

Sar

Part of the furniture
Looking forward to it and CO a lot, and both launch in June, just after I get back from the US.

Man I'm gonna be skinto.

:/

Lethul

FH is my second home
Anyone know if it will be good for casual play as well? Or do i have to play 24/7 to be good?

Looks awesome btw! Hope i got a comp that can handle it after the summer

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Anyone know if it will be good for casual play as well? Or do i have to play 24/7 to be good?

Looks awesome btw! Hope i got a comp that can handle it after the summer

That was a question I wanted to know. I also want to know if they will avoid the stupidly complex economy that EvE has. I want to fight other people and not spend the first 3 months of the game learning advanced stock market bollocks 4 in order to buy the bits I need for my ship.

The comp specs are said to be very low. (Space games often have lower requirements because drawing lots of stars in the distance isn't too demanding!) You need a graphics card with 32MB RAM etc. Now while that will probably run the game very slowly if you have anything like a modern computer you shouldn't have any trouble.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
I'd say a casual player will have just as much fun as a hardcore PVP'er.

There will be a ingame auction/economy system, its still in development, but the aim of the game won't be spending hours looking at wharehouses or waiting on skills to develop, its a fast pace fighter game.

System spec's - I've ran it on a Pentium 4 with 1.5GIG RAM and a Nvidia 6800, never had any lag and settings are almost High on everything. The better machine you have, the more your going to get out of this game (a lot of the Dev's have te game split across 3 monitors.)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Ok, casual players will find Jumpgate ideal and here is why.

EVERY SHIP MATTERS IN A FIGHT. Yep thats right, a small ship with a skilled player can drop an average player in a heavy fighter EVERY time if he is good enough. Dying isn't devastating like EvE, it is a small setback that can be recovered from in about 30 minutes. Because Jumpgate has no dungeons and no loot as such you never feel obliged to play for the sake of completing a run with others. The game is wide open, you log in when you want and you log off when you want. To me that is exactly what a casual game is and yet the pvp can be very hardcore if you pick a fight with the wrong people, therefore the game offers both sides of the coin.

In the original I spent most of my time building a trading and mining empire because I like the more laid back approach to gaming most of the time, I still took part in battles for sectors and stations but generally I went off and did my own thing. At one point I was the richest player in the game and had all the mining/trading medals for all 3 factions, might sound boring to some but I enjoyed it. Docwolfe on the other hand preferred to blow shit up and so he concentrated on PvE/PvP, he wasn't hardcore but he had good skills and his kill ratio was always higher than his deaths.

The game offers something for everyone, the casual, the normal and the hardcore gamers.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
That was a question I wanted to know. I also want to know if they will avoid the stupidly complex economy that EvE has. I want to fight other people and not spend the first 3 months of the game learning advanced stock market bollocks 4 in order to buy the bits I need for my ship.

There is a player driven economy much like EvE with regards to it being driven by mining but it is no way as complex which is to it's credit imo. You can play the markets and trade stuff to other stations that need certain resources for a nice profit but there is no stock market as such. Just a market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom