Joysticks

mank!

Part of the furniture
How many of you use a joystick to fly in BF42/Vietnam? The airplanes are so powerful but I can't fly with a crappy mouse.

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
I use a joystick, have done since day 1 of BF42. In all honesty, I really couldnt use a mouse + keyboard to fly (I think thats my flight sim upbringing kicking in).

My 'stick is an old Sidewinder 3D Pro - which they dont make any more, but it does the job :)

I'd always take a joystick over a mouse to fly with.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Hmm. I used to have one but I have no idea what happened to it. Are they expensive?

mank!

Part of the furniture
neat, found one for a tenner. That won't break the bank.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
PS2 pad for best results, i got a nice stick but the PS2 pad is like it was made for BF

xane

Fledgling Freddie
I've always used a joystick in both 1942 and 'Nam, but it doesn't help, I'm stillc rap and can't fly choppers for toffee.

My old USB Sidewinder Pro gave up the other day, got a Logitech Freedom Cordless joystick, it is the best joystick I have every used and being wireless is is great, still can't fly for toffee though:(

Athan

Resident Freddy
I've tried both a cheapo 'stick (£5) and a Saitek X-45 in BF1942, and although it means I can roll quicker, especially flipping from one side to the other, I found I am MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH more precise at aiming with mouse and keyboard.

-Ath

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
Started with mouse and keys, moved over to joystick and at one point I was pretty good, now I'm back to mouse and keys. You can bomb pretty much fine using a mouse, but for dogfights 9/10 a decent joystick user will send you down.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
I agree with Xane, the logitech cordless freedom is an awesome little joystick.

In fact Xane, after you reminded me about it, I stole it from Byms desk and it's been hooked into my PC ever since. I can't say she's complained, I don't think she's even noticed ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom