Joint Operations : Typhoon Rising Demo

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
This new multiplayer game from Novalogic apparently meant to rival the Battlefield series. Having downloading the demo and having a bash I can truely say its god damn awful. But dont take my word for it :D

Having spent the last week playing Vietnam, I can actually see how bad it could have been - it could have been like this. The gfx are 'nice', the controls are piss poor, it just feels urgh.

But perhaps I'm slightly biased :D

Anyways, if ya wanna try it you can grab it from Jolt

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
It looks like shit. The animations are a fucking stale and piss poor.

The gameplay is like the original DF (Follow line on radar kill one bloke - repeat).

The vehicles handle like shopping carts. The sounds are awful. Firing the 1911 pistol sounds like punching a wall.

Avoid at all costs. I want the 30 mins of downloading time back :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Err okay. Must just be me thats finds it quite good and fun to play then.

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
The trailer looked great and so did the graphics! But when I played it was horrible and I could'nt leave it quick enough.

About Vietnam, is it just me or did they take a perfectly good 1942 game, make some stuff worse, throw in some bugs and release? :(

I still play it for the odd map (about 2 that I like) and because of the choppers.

Salteh

Fledgling Freddie
Cdr said:
The gfx are 'nice', the controls are piss poor, it just feels urgh.
a Friend told me about this "great game!, uber fun all hopping in a helicopter and then moving to the enemy base!"... so I downloaded the demo... and I have to agree with Cdr.. except I think the graphics are pretty bleh too :( It looks 'ok'.. but still very very wierd :x

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom